Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DOUBLE TAP CHAMPIONSHIP 2010

I second that XRe. The weather is going to be what it is. If you come prepared it matters little. Last year was my first year at the Double Tap and as an RO no less. I saw all four seasons from Thursday thru Sunday. I had a great time and met a great bunch of competitors. There was some bitching but for the most part everyone was friendly. I'll be back to help Robert with this match as long as he needs and as long as my schedule can accomodate it. Looking forward to a fun match come Hell or high water or wind or rain or (Urgh)Snow.

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are several things that are a given in life. Taxes, Death and bitching about weather. Moses had to deal with desert heat and raining fish, imagine the bitching he heard on that trek. Washington crossed the Delaware in the middle of winter, you know he heard about it for years afterwards from a few guys. It's just a normal part of being a human, if it's cold we complain, if it's hot we complain, if it's cloudy we complain, if it's sunny we complain. :D

And trust me, in Chicago, we complain a lot about the weather. B)

Well, I'll have to miss the DTC this year because of personal issues. :angry2: We're selling a house, buying a house and most likely moving the weekend before the match. If I shot the match, it would be a $200 practice session anyway. Even though I need the practice, I'll have to save the pennies for a few more majors, later in the year.

Y'all have fun and I'll pray for good weather :devil:

Don't get too defensive about it, Robert cheers.gif People will bitch about the weather regardless of when you hold the match. Keep holding a solid match, and people will show up to shoot regardless of whether it's hot or cold, even if they bitch a little bit ;)

Fact is, Texas ain't SoCal... we have real weather here, and when we have weather in Texas, we have it full on. If you're a pansy, don't show up to play. Simple as that... :lol:

+10....

And thank God Texas isn't SoCal... :)

I will be there every year I can be regardless of the weather. Keep up the great work Robert.

Sorry, Guys not trying to be defensive. Just trying to explain this Phenomenon called weather here in north Texas and give folks some insight to the normal temp and skies.

I believe the weather is part of your game, seen the top dogs in bad conditions and they ignored the conditions and concentrated on the Shooting and whipped everyone.

Thanks for the Support.

P.S. No one bitting on the "Special Prop" on stg 4 we added?

Edited by scorch

Hey, I didn't know it until a few minutes ago, but I am going, and am looking at options, from SE Minnesota, 15-16 hour drive, anyone going? I have a good reliable efficient car, except when the accelerator sticks....

P.S. No one bitting on the "Special Prop" on stg 4 we added?

Well, I noticed the car has the steering wheel on the wrong side.

Who knew the Flintstones drove a British car?

I noticed that too. Probably just an error in the drawing as I doubt we would start with the

pistol on the seat to the left pointed downrange. At least I hope not.

Craig

Yes it is an error in the Drawing, I had to Flip it Horizontally and that put the Steering Wheel on the "British Side" Gun start on your right pointing down range.

No it's not anything that is in the Drawing Now, We ADDED a Special Prop to the Stage besides the car or The Movie Screen.

Heres a Hint: it Moves and you have seen this prop before ( well some have).

Edited by scorch

Like to Welcome a New Sponsor to the Match the Original Leatherman has come on board as a MATCH SPONSOR!

200 Plus Folks already Signed Up. If you Have Not Got you entry in. Get it in today.

Edited by scorch

Robert made us shoot through barrels that rotated on a stake, and since you had to rotate the barrel to shoot all the targets you had to actually stick a large part of your upper body in the barrel.. A few of the ladies shooting open could be seen with their hair flying back from the pressure every time they pulled the trigger.. they were an evil prop....

Ah... right. I remember hearing about those barrels... That was before my time shooting the DTC... No, the prop Robert had lined up made an appearance in a DTC match I shot... and was a lot of fun... devil.gif