Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DOUBLE TAP CHAMPIONSHIP 2010

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i can wait to shoot stage 9. On signal, competitor MUST TIPPY TOE (like Fred Flintstone Bowls. that is going to be funny. can not wait to go shoot.

And how does an overweight 57 year old with bad knees TIPPY TOE? Please advise, I need to start practicing.

Bill :unsure:

Very carefully. :P

i can wait to shoot stage 9. On signal, competitor MUST TIPPY TOE (like Fred Flintstone Bowls. that is going to be funny. can not wait to go shoot.

And how does an overweight 57 year old with bad knees TIPPY TOE? Please advise, I need to start practicing.

I found a training video that all of us "bigger" people can use. I know tippie toe for me is going to look alot like an elephant walking on marbles. :D

Edited by Codycoyote

I found a training video that all of us "bigger" people can use. I know tippie toe for me is going to look alot like an elephant walking on marbles. :D

Oh, now that's too funny. And sadly will probably closely resemble my match video's. Might as well get the ballet shoes now....

lol, i tried the training regimen and only made it about 45 seconds before I collapsed.

Hate to Spoil your fun but, John Amidon shot me down on the "TIPPY TOE" thing. Seems it violates the rule about not specifying a STANCE after the Beep. So we have taken that out of the walk thru. ( did I hear the Big Boys Sigh of relief?)

Also Stage 4 seemed a little plain when we Put it together at the range so we "spiced it up" with a special Prop.

Will post up dated Stages in the Next week or two. Most stayed the same as the layouts on the Double Tap Webpage.

Listen closely, you'll hear it Robert!!!! hahahaha. It may sound like I"m passing gas but trust me, it is a sigh of relief. :devil:

MLM

Mark,

At our age, flatulence is a sigh of relief.

Bill

That is a considerably different type of relief Bill....

Farmers Almanac Calls for Sunny and 70 Degrees (Like Sunday of Last Year)

Good to know. Guess I won't bother packing any long pants or sweaters.

That would be a bad idea. It was sunny and 70 on sunday last year, but it was windy and about 30 on Saturday, and was windy and snowing/freezing rain on Friday......

Always be prepared for any and every weather condition in Wichita Falls in March.

Kurt

Farmers Almanac Calls for Sunny and 70 Degrees (Like Sunday of Last Year)

Good to know. Guess I won't bother packing any long pants or sweaters.

That would be a bad idea. It was sunny and 70 on sunday last year, but it was windy and about 30 on Saturday, and was windy and snowing/freezing rain on Friday......

Always be prepared for any and every weather condition in Wichita Falls in March.

Kurt

You mean the Farmers Almanac is not reliable and accurate? You've shattered my world belief system! :surprise:

I been Meaning to Put something up on the Topic of the Weather Not to Offend Any one, here it goes.

Weather: The one thing the Match Director can do nothing about.

The only thing he can do is use his past year experience and best judgement to schedule a Match when the most idle conditions present themselves on a historical estaminet and hope that mother nature cooperates.

The weather in the US has been unpredictable and not normal THROUGH OUT the USA in the last several years with bad weather extending from north to south and east to west (As I write this, it is the first time in history that all 50 states including Hawaii has snow on the ground at the same time) The Nationals got rain two years in a row. The Space City Challenge got flooded last April. The C.O.P.S. match got a bunch of rain last year. High Dessert Classic had a Sand Storm last year and the list goes on. So lossy weather Is not just confined to a single match and no one knows what the conditions are going to be the day of the match ( No even the Weather Man with several million dollars worth of equipment)

Match directors have to balance the weather conditions in their part of the country between the most pleasant temperatures and most likely time for weather conditions to be favorable.

Here in North Texas the rainy season begins in April and extends through mid June. This is also when the highest likely hood of serve weather occurs. ( IE: thunderstorms, lightning and tornados) Then the temp warms up dramatically during June - through Sept, with high temps in the 100’s. Then the rain starts again in mid October to mid November.

The average high temps. in North Texas in Feb. according to the weather man, is 58 degrees with a low of around 35 degrees. At the end of March the average high is in the Mid 70’s with lows around 48 degrees and lot of times the high is higher, with shorts and T-shirt being the dress for the day. Having lived in North Texas for 40+ years, I can vouch for these numbers as being pretty close.

Hence, why we picked late March for the Double Tap Championship match. It is before the rainy season and when the average high temperatures makes it very pleasant to shoot. At the Double Tap Champ we are batting more than 60% Good weather. Having close to the norm temperatures and skies for the 3 out of the 5 Years, we have held the Double Tap Match. ( Sunday was really nice with normal temps. last year)

So come equipped with Cool and Warm gear and less not dwell on the undesirable weather conditions of the past and focus on what we would like and that is the usual weather in March in North Texas: Mid to low 70’s with lots of sun shine a nice southerly breeze.

I lived about 100 miles northeast of the range (Ardmore, OK) for about 10 years. The typical March weather for the area is beautiful. Mild sunny days with cooler evenings made this my favorite month for the area and a great time for Spring breaks.

As for the forecasts, not worth the paper they are printed on. I headed up toward the DTR range the Sunday before the match. Packed the proper clothing for the forecast. And as we know, the forecast was wrong. So was my wardrobe.

Come prepared. The stores in Wichita Falls have been clearing out their Winter wares and stocking things that sell in the Spring. Most of the cold weather gear was long gone. As Robert says, plan for both cold weather, warm weather, and everything in between.

This match is too much fun to worry about a little weather.

Bill

Don't get too defensive about it, Robert cheers.gif People will bitch about the weather regardless of when you hold the match. Keep holding a solid match, and people will show up to shoot regardless of whether it's hot or cold, even if they bitch a little bit ;)

Fact is, Texas ain't SoCal... we have real weather here, and when we have weather in Texas, we have it full on. If you're a pansy, don't show up to play. Simple as that... :lol: