Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M&P Aftermarket Sears?

Filishooter

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
Any new news on these sears? How are the preproduction sears? These would make good Christmas gifts and its that time of year.

I just emailed Kenny for you, I'll post here when I hear back from him.

No, they are not ready yet. Kenny is still waiting for them.

Edited by Fireant

Hey guys, I overnighted a pre-production sear to Bobby at Freedom Gunworks and Mike at Accurate Iron to check out for us, as soon as we hear back from both of them we'll get this batch finished and off to heat treat. I'm hoping we can get these done in the next 2-3 weeks.

Hey guys, I overnighted a pre-production sear to Bobby at Freedom Gunworks and Mike at Accurate Iron to check out for us, as soon as we hear back from both of them we'll get this batch finished and off to heat treat. I'm hoping we can get these done in the next 2-3 weeks.

Sweet...that'd make a nice winter afternoon project for me!

The sear Kenny sent me dropped the trigger pull a whole pound by itself without a single other modification. I think between his new sear and the Ti plunger it's going to make a lot of DIY guys quite happy.

Even better...I popped a Ti plunger in mine a couple of weeks ago :)

The sear Kenny sent me dropped the trigger pull a whole pound by itself without a single other modification. I think between his new sear and the Ti plunger it's going to make a lot of DIY guys quite happy.

Great how does the trigger feel? (Short and crisp, long and smooth, etc.) This is somewhat subjective, but it seems like you can change the feel based on the sear angle between the sear and the triger bar.

• 3 weeks later...

Great how does the trigger feel? (Short and crisp, long and smooth, etc.) This is somewhat subjective, but it seems like you can change the feel based on the sear angle between the sear and the triger bar.

Still waiting on the release of these sears. Smith sears are impossible to get right now, if anyone knows where to get some lmk. I would like to have a few extra. I am also looking for a few extra strikers. Thanks. Does anyone have any plans to do a lightweight striker yet?

Randy Lee at Apex Tactical is making sears now. His first batch sold pretty quick, but there are more on the way. There is a lot more info on his sears at mp-pistol.com

Ive got one on the way. Hope to have a review by late this week.

Randy Lee at Apex Tactical is making sears now. His first batch sold pretty quick, but there are more on the way. There is a lot more info on his sears at mp-pistol.com

Ive got one on the way. Hope to have a review by late this week.

I shot a 4 inch gun with Randy's sear and it was really nice. Trigger was just under 4 pounds and you could not feel any stacking at all. I think he radiused the plunger also. Best of all they are a drop in part.

Seiichi

• 2 weeks later...
Has anybody been able to compare the Apex to the SSS sear? R,

My Apex sears are on the way, but I have the SSS sears in hand already. The SSS sears have the original oval contact point where the trigger bar contacts. They're more like the original sear profile and will require some work to get it where I like. They are very nicely machined.

Has anybody been able to compare the Apex to the SSS sear? R,

The Apex sear is designed to be a drop-in trigger job, ours is designed to be a replacement part for something you can't get from the factory. They both perform as intended, I've heard nothing but praise for the Apex stuff and we have some on the way to add to the website.

I think J. Scott Durkin will be doing a podcast on the Apex M&P sear and the Zero G barrel for the Model 617 revolver. Saw Scott taking some photos of Randy's stuff at the SHOT Show.

Scott's podcast/website is called Action Shooting Podcast.

Seiichi