Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limited gun choice

lugnut

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I vote "other" in the poll.

My current Limited set-up is my Para 1640. Bought it for $300. Bought all new parts for the top end and frame and had it rebuilt/refitted by my gunsmith. Gun runs 100%, shoots 1000% better than I can and I couldn't be happier. I like the weight of the pistol and it feels like a part of me when I shoot it.

Just my $.02

Regards,

Brian

I voted Glock and the reason why is Budget, there was no way I was going to be able to spend well over $2000.00 for a gun, but wanted to try out limited. I have shot a couple STI's and I will say that they seem to recoil a little better than my Glock but I sure don't consider it a hinderance for using a Glock. If I had the money, maybe would try something else but more than likely would just buy an Open gun if I had that kind of money.

CZ-75 Tactical Sports.

Don't know yet, but it feels good in dry fire. :mellow:

You will like the gun. With the basepads from Angus the magazines holds 20+1. For the price, I think it is one of the best reeady-to-race out-of-the-box guns out there.

Eric

CZ-75 Tactical Sports.

Don't know yet, but it feels good in dry fire. :mellow:

You will like the gun. With the basepads from Angus the magazines holds 20+1. For the price, I think it is one of the best reeady-to-race out-of-the-box guns out there.

Eric

Shot for the second time since I posted that. Yes, with the basepads it is a really good pistol. I am happy

I'd reccomend trying out as many different pistols as you can. Then get the best pistol you can afford for the money and shoot the heck out of it.

I think I did just that :D

I've had 2 custom 2011's in 2 years. A Brazos and a Bedell. Both great guns that I shot a little then sold. I could not justify having 3 grand worth of hardware to go make little holes with the boys on a Sunday. The only reason I wanted one was because "yes" they are cool and all that, but in reality what are you trying to accomplish? It's like the sport bike crowd: carbon fiber this, race pipe that, and for what? To ride up and down the street and act like Wayne Rainey. 95% of these guys would get their ass handed to them on a real race track just like most of the 3 grand gun owners at a national tournament. You need to be honest with yourself about why you think you need a custom gun. I finally did and went back to the Glock 35 and have lots of extra money left over. Think of it this way...Rob Leatham could probably shoot the El Prez with a Sigma with the sights missing in 4.5 seconds.

Just my 2 cents and something to think about

Edited by jackruss

post-5425-1243773284_thumb.jpgMy STI edge. I've shot it for 6 years and love it. It started with a blue finish, two years ago I had it Robar NP3 finished which I've been very pleased with. It's easy to clean, basically just wipe it off.

No disrespect to any of the other options because they're all good. My choice is my Briley Signature Series built on an STI frame. It's the linked version (I had a linkless as well, and it had problems), and I've shot at least 30k rounds through it over the past 4 or 5 years with no gun malfunctions, only a couple of mag issues, and one front sight falling off due to a local gunsmith not pinning it good enough. It is unquestionably my favorite gun.

For Limited only (not Limited 10 or otherwise) All my CZ buddies, put your non electronic hearing protection in, I will say that a 21+1 Canyon Creek built XDM .40 with three mags, with Bomar melt rear sight and Rich's trigger tuned to your preference. Dollar for dollar, my hand passes right over my large frame CZ Tac Sport, my STI Edge, and my other guns that load to a minimum of 20+1, and picks up that Dettelhouser XDM .40 custom, there may be better guns, but no chance to justify the extra $1500 you'll spend, just call Rich if it's a Limited gun - otherwise for L-10, Pd, etc - ot's CZ or stay home.

Jon

• 2 weeks later...
For me, after only a few years of IDPA and now USPSA- the Glock G34/G35 feel just so right in my hands... but that doesn't mean I'm not curious as to the potential of other guns. I shot a S&W 1911 for a better part of a year... struggled with it like crazy in many ways. Changing to something else was the best decision I could have made. Change is good... if it's for the right reasons.

Feel and fit is king! Glocks don't fit my hand as well, but if they did I'd be happy to shoot them. Fit will let you get back on target more naturally and faster, I believe, and let you do your best.

Leam