Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

primers

EEH

Availability? Cost? Under the current primer shortage, I would try most any thing. At least for practice loads.

please let us know where to get it and how much....i am close to using once fired primer every store is out of stock......arrrrghh

As it turns out to good to be true--these primers were developed to use a larger flash hole -- in other words without drilling the flash hole in each case the primer had so mush force it would cause the primer to back out of the case and damage the breech face on the firearm--( yes even GLOCKS )) they were all sold to someone whocould re do the cases--I might add after you drilled about .006 out of each case they worked really well--- :unsure:

where was it manufactured?

Poongsan Co. South Korea. (PMC).....me thinks....

Jim

Are these PMC? I had very good results years ago using PMC's line of "green" lead free Chlorate based primers in .45acp. loaded upwards of 5K rounds in mixed brass and never saw any indication of breech face gas cutting or primers backing out. I switched to Winchester LPs only because these were no longer available in the US. I still have a box of them.

I have some of the same type but in small pistol. I found that in anything other than 9mm I got all types of differences in ignition. I figure they are not very hot burning (brisience for you technical types) so the small capacity of the 9mm case lets the powder get ignighted anyway. I tried them in .40 and .38 SPL and had normal results and almost squibs.

They were cheap enough so I didn't worry about them not working well.

Neal in AZ

As it turns out to good to be true--these primers were developed to use a larger flash hole -- in other words without drilling the flash hole in each case the primer had so mush force it would cause the primer to back out of the case and damage the breech face on the firearm--( yes even GLOCKS )) they were all sold to someone whocould re do the cases--I might add after you drilled about .006 out of each case they worked really well--- :unsure:

So ???? Where do we get them ?? <_<

So ???? Where do we get them ?? <_<

My source would not sell them--to much liabilityyyyy --so he said--- they are not PMC--

Shelf life. All of the current "non-toxic" or "lead free" primers made anywhere have a limited shelf life. Speer training ammo for LEO come in cases marked "Use by 20XX" - within 5 years of manufacture. After 5 years some of the ammo will still work. Some won't.

In contrast to the new "unleaded" primers, our old stand by "leaded" primers last indefinitely.

I am all for keeping down our lead exposure, but I am against any wider use of these primers. Please draw your own conclusions as to the gun control ramifications of a primer with a shelf life since any further discussion of gun control is a forum violation (& thus would not be respectful to our host or our mods).

D.