Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Blue loctite on cmore screws to mount to the frame?

ironb

Mine came out with blue loctite. After looseing a couple I took them all out and black maxed them. I figured that I won't be taking off the mount any time soon so...

black max? there won't be a screw when you try. basically blue, then red, then green, then black max.

Red AFTER thoroughly degreasing both the frame and the screws, then priming with loc-tite primer. Give it 24 hours to cure, the paint the inside of the dustcover where the screw ends are with clear nail polish to keep the oil/grease from attacking the loc-tite. Oil or grease will break down even red loc-tite over time.

Red AFTER thoroughly degreasing both the frame and the screws, then priming with loc-tite primer. Give it 24 hours to cure, the paint the inside of the dustcover where the screw ends are with clear nail polish to keep the oil/grease from attacking the loc-tite. Oil or grease will break down even red loc-tite over time.

+1

No idea, just about any auto parts store will have the real deal loc-tite, you want the red for small fasteners, it is either 262 or 272, I don't remember which but the botttle/tube will say if it is for large fasteners or small fasteners.