Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How many guns is TOO MANY?

I had lunch with a friend yesterday and the subject went to selling guns. He mentioned that he was going to sell all his guns except for the ones he competes with and carrys on a regular basis. He stated that he just doesn't have the time for the rest and that he feels the rest are just taking time away from his true passion of competing with his pistols.

I started thinking about it last night and now I am thinking the same thing. I have a large amount of long guns that I may shoot once a year if not less and I started stock piling ammo for that I may never shoot. So the question is how many guns is too many. I could sell quite a few and just keep the ones I compete with and pay off some bills or keep them all and every time I open the safe wonder what am I doing with all of this.

I know I am opening myself up here but what do you guys think.

Funny question. The Mrs and I started into this sport last summer and have made SEVERAL purchases since then. I even had to buy a new bigger safe.

How many is too many?....I will let you know when I get there!

Maybe if there was some sentimental value attached to the guns, then, yeah, I would keep those.

Otherwise, yeah, it might be better of for you to sell some, then use the cash to pay off bills...OR

OR!

Better yet would be to buy some reloading equipment or components. Even moreso if you have long guns chambered in NOT so popular calibers. If you have a .375 H and H and you're never going to make it to a safari in Africa, then yeah, you're probably better off selling it.

On the other hand, I do subscribe to the "one gun is NONE, two guns is one" philosphy.

If one gun craps out at a match, especially a major match where there is travel involved, at least you do have a backup to go to, quickly, and less stressfully.

I collect samauri katanas, I never plan on using them as weapons but I will not part with them. Kind of the same concept, collecting guns, coins, stamps or even swords. If you are a collector you don't actually have to use what you collect.

Can never have toooooo many guns! A friend sent this around attached to an email. Wish I had this safe.

I wish I had his ammo :surprise:

For all who have too many send me a PM and I'll give you the place to send them...no charge for proper "disposal" if you act now!

Can never have toooooo many guns! A friend sent this around attached to an email. Wish I had this safe.

Except for the mags already loaded, that is what my one safe looks like. The other safe, same size is stack to the rim with ammo.

"Man card" :roflol:

A friend of mine has so many that one day while showing me his inventory he surprised himself with a few that he had forgot about.

LOL Thats what im talking about!!!!!!!!!!!! Sounds just about right!!! Closes I ever came to that is a few months back I found a stripped AR lower in the back if the safe I forgot was there..... It was like Christmas.....

If your trailer has developed an obvious "lean" to one side..... you might have too many guns.

If your local FFL dealer hugs you and kisses you on both cheeks when you walk in the shop.... you might have too many guns.

:devil:

If your trailer has developed an obvious "lean" to one side..... you might have too many guns.

If your local FFL dealer hugs you and kisses you on both cheeks when you walk in the shop.... you might have too many guns.

:devil:

If your wardrobe consist of mostly firearm related companies....you might have too many guns!

I do not understand the question. :wacko: I think it might be a comprehension problem on my part when you put the words "too many" and "Guns" in the same sentence. ;)

I will let you know when I get there, but I have a long way to go. I am thinking when the safe is 41' x 25' and you cannot get in the door, you are getting closer. :devil:

Randy