Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Well, just got back. OK, it's only a 35 min drive, but I'm back home. In a nutshell, here is what I remember:

Dave Sevigny is SSP Champion and lowest score of the match with a 173.xx. Nobody else was even close.

Ernest Langdon won CDP with a 18x.xx? I think?

Rob Leathem was somewhat behind him in CDP.

ESP was won by Matt Burkett. (edited when I remembered it wasn't a kid) :P

Didn't even look at SSR. Sorry revolver guys. :unsure:

I came in 5th SSP Master with a 213.xx with my worst performance of the 2003 shooting year. I sucked so bad I am totally embarrassed by my finish and my performance. I only had 4 or 5 really good stages, the other 10 or 11 I bombed. I made too many errors and just plain ole dumb mistakes.

I'll get some more info as I remember it or see it tomorrow at the awards ceremony.

Here's a bit on Ernest copied from the Beretta forum...

Ernest, shooting an LTT-customized SIGARMS P220ST .45 pistol, becomes the first person to win the CDP Championship with a traditional double action pistol, the first person to win an IDPA Nationals Championship title with a SIG pistol, and the first person ever to win IDPA National Championship titles in two different divisions (Ernest having won the Stock Service Championship twice, in 1998 and 2000).

B)

Alex Zimmerman was the wheel gun champ. Time of 222 or very close to that.

I haven't seen the results posted yet on the net. As quickly as the results were posted Saturday after the shooting stopped, I am surprised they are not available already.

My observations:

Match was fun- (most important part of all). Some of the stages seemed a bit repetitive. Food was average. Glad we didn't stay at the match hotel. Nice range and great folks running it. Little Rock (the town) leaves a bit to be desired. But then I wasn't a big Tunica fan either.

As quickly as the results were posted Saturday after the shooting stopped, I am surprised they are not available already.

I'll have to say I'm not. I shot several major IDPA matches this year, for the first time. I am just utterly stunned at how long they take to post the results. One of the IDPA's "Better than IPSC" points is that the scoring is so much easier. Then why do I have my IPSC results generally within 24 hours after the match, whereas with IDPA I wait close to a week.

To clarify my earlier response:

I am not surprised they are not posted on the IDPA website. What I meant was I was surprised someone with the information hasn't posted it themselves on a forum or their own website.

Sevigny shot a G34 and had the lowest total time of the match in any division.

I also heard that it would be back at CASA next year. Considering the drive from LR, I may stay in Hot Springs instead so the Mrs. has something to do while I am shooting.

I just returned from the IDPA natinals and am humbled by the amazing Ernie Langdon. Beating me with a SIG 220 in the hallowed home of the 1911, shame on me! I can say for sure that this is the only time in many years that I feel like I want to practice IDPA and return with the hopes of exacting revenge! With all due respect, Ernie deserves to win as he is a great shot and has put his time in this year preparing. It is fitting he should spank me. Not that I like it too much. The match was excelent and the IDPA crowd is starting to get there act together. Those who shoot IDPA seriously should win, and it shows that the shooters are maturing and improving making it hard to come in and steal their cookies. This is as it should be.

As far as Dave's performance, it is just one more example of what a great shooter he is becoming. He will be tuff to beat as long as he wants to be now. There is a certain amount of beauty in shooting the same basic gun all year. Maybe we all can learn from this. I know I am.

Rob

Absolutely Rob. Shooting 3 or 4 differently designed handguns throughout the year certainly must have a negative impact on the "bonding" with your favorite piece. (and I know it ain't the XD ;) )

What's amazing about shooters like yourself and of course Dave, is the ability to do so damn well in both IDPA and IPSC. Those who only shoot IDPA all year should win these IDPA matches, but as we know they usually don't.

There was cool 3-gun match 1 week before Lim-nats. I didn't go because I didn't want my trigger finger to get used to 3 different triggers that close to the big match.

They followed the standard major match class promotion rules:

"A shooter’s performance in state and national matches may also be used to reevaluate their classification. If total participation in a specific classification within a division is 10 – 19 shooters, the winner of this class will automatically be promoted up to the next higher classification. If 20 – 29 shooters compete in this division/classification, both 1st and 2nd place competitors will be promoted, etc."

I know in my class/division (CDP/EX) there were 24 shooters so 1st and 2nd got bumped. If they do it like last year's Nats, if you got bumped you will get a signed classification card in the mail from IDPA HQ.

"A shooter’s performance in state and national matches may also be used to reevaluate their classification. If total participation in a specific classification within a division is 10 – 19 shooters, the winner of this class will automatically be promoted up to the next higher classification. If 20 – 29 shooters compete in this division/classification, both 1st and 2nd place competitors will be promoted, etc."

I know that is what the LGB says but we skipped out on the awards ceremony and someone told me they "cleaned house" so to speak because of all the talk about people shooting beyond their classification this year.

There were only 11 in SSR SS so I am assuming they only bumped the number one guy (Congrats Edgar!). I was told I moved up.....but don't believe it. We'll see. :unsure:

There is a pretty good overview over at the EZboard IDPA forum:

http://pub62.ezboard.com/fidpaforumfrm26.s...opicID=30.topic

There were 16 stages in 8 bays with a total of 225 rounds minimum. There were 2 stages with 2 powered "running man" style movers each and one stage with a steel plate activated drop target. There were 6 stages with vehicles, one of those had 2 vehicles, and the truck at one stage was turned upside down and you had to shoot prone laying in the overturned cab. There was lots of shooting on the move and negotiation of cover. The longest shot was about 18 yards. I tought the COF was pretty challenging.

The club members who worked on the range, the staff that worked the match, and all the sponsors should be proud. The match was really great.

Detlef

an off the clock reload is as follows:

yu LAMR, beeper goes off and you shoot the first part of the scenario, usually pausing behind some cover. That is part one of the stage. B4 part two of the stage begins, you are allowed to reload "off the clock" B4 the beeper goes off signaling the start of part two.

Hope that was clear...

I had a chance to observe and hang out with Dave at the Limited's, and I agree with Rob - he is quite the shooter and competitor.

Congratulations Dave, Ernest, and espcially to (not because he hosts my site or anything) Matt Burkett!

be