Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DVDs that would help new shooters improve?

PhotoRecon

Does anyone have any recommendations on training or practice DVDs that are available that would be of use to new shooters in developing their shooting skills and target practice routines?

We've got some new shooters showing up at our range and it would be nice if we had some good DVDs they could watch on their own time at home and then come to the range better prepared.

3GM combined with a major match dvd done by Saul Kirsch. 3GM will give you the proper technique that you need and watching the worlds best shooters do what they do best will give you something to model after.

3GM combined with a major match dvd done by Saul Kirsch. 3GM will give you the proper technique that you need and watching the worlds best shooters do what they do best will give you something to model after.

3GM is one of the best I have watched. I also have some of the Burkett videos.

Kirsch also has a set of DVDs where hee is teaching an IPSC class. I think those are the Master Class series. From the previews they look pretty good.

Saul Kirsch Master Class I & II is highly recommended. Saul covers all fundamentals of IPSC / USPSA shooting. There is a 3rd DVD with the Master Class series that covers mental conditioning, also pretty good. I am not aware of Matt Burkett's videos, so I cannot comment on that. In my opinion, the 3M DVD (2 DVDs - I only watched the 1st one) are something after you have watched the Master Class. It also covers some fundamentals, but not as detailed as showed in MC I&II - more like "I do this way... and they show it - from the 3 GMs.

http://czcustom.com/Master-Class-Series.aspx

Edited by FLL1911

Here is a list of videos that seem like they would be good (for USPSA Pistol):

Matt Burkett Volumes 1,2,3,4, and 7

Shooting Techniques of the Grand Masters

Shooting Techniques of the Grand Masters volume 2

Master Class Vol. I, II, and III (Saul Kirsch)

I have Burkett Volume 7 which seems like it's good for beginers. I've also watched volumes 1,2,3.

I have yet to watch any of the others. I'll gladly trade my volume 7 for a volume 4.