Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need custom colored grips and refinish..

Rye

I have them done by James Shanahan at APS. He does C-mores for ~$80. Grip prices on the website.

He does a great job with texturing and paint. Color options and patterns are up to you.

He has one option that fits right with you avatar......

http://www.advancedperformanceshooting.com/wst_page8.html

post-12164-1239381761_thumb.jpg

post-12164-1239381912_thumb.jpg

Edited by matt2ace

I have them done by James Shanahan at APS. He does C-mores for ~$80. Grip prices on the website.

He does a great job with texturing and paint. Color options and patterns are up to you.

He has one option that fits right with you avatar......

http://www.advancedperformanceshooting.com/wst_page8.html

Matt: I'll show my ignorance here...I understand the slide handle on your gun, but what is the thumb rest thing for?

S :unsure:

Yup......holsters on the wrong side, guns in the wrong hand. Atleast that's what most ROs tell me :devil:

Actually, that's a *thumb rest [generic]*.....cause its on the right-side of the gun. Since righties have them on the left-side of the gun, they must be brake pedals :roflol:

I say DIY - I get it textured by either GetnGrip or APS or buy a Bedell grip from Shooters Connection and paint it myself - its not hard to do plus you get the satisfaction of customizing it to your liking. You can get the enamel spray paints from OSH and/or model paints from your local hobby shop - just be sure not to lay the paint down too thick and be sure to seal it with a clear coat.

Edited by Davidp1911

• 4 months later...
Good execution, but Im getting tired of the 80's splatter look.

I'm always looking for another challenge or another idea? While Alfarro was still splattering I stayed out of that arena and just did fades. I just wish I would have taken pictures of all of the grips we have done over the years, just so guys would have a better visualization of what can be done.

it's not too much splatter. it's more on color transition like fading from one color to another. Like Jim said he's open to new challenges and whatever you want he will definitely make it happen. Thanks again Jim for a great work you did.

Good execution, but Im getting tired of the 80's splatter look.

I'm always looking for another challenge or another idea? While Alfarro was still splattering I stayed out of that arena and just did fades. I just wish I would have taken pictures of all of the grips we have done over the years, just so guys would have a better visualization of what can be done.

I should have been a little more tactful when I said that. In all areas or craftmanship and art, to quote that song, "Its all been done".

The challenge for you and others , is then to make the customer's request and wishes come to life. Im sure you do that very well; and the OP's pictures bear that out well.

Jim, have you ever done any dry-brushing on grips?

Jim is good people, yrs ago he did a great job on my limited pistol's grip, niiiice fade from a light purple to very dark twards the trigger....soooo nice it got held up for all to see at the ticket counter of major airport because the counter person thought it looked 'pretty'.....he also did a nice job at repairing my hack-job attempt at slimming down a 2011 frame w/ a dremel....yeah my job was not pretty by any stretch...

Bobby Keigans at Freedom Gunworks can do all the grip modifications and refinish your gun. Bobby has great customer service and has one of the fastest turn around times. You won't be disappointed. ;) And he is very generous about supporting shooters in the sport. Check him out:

http://www.freedomgunworks.com/freedom-gunworks/cat_5.html

Edited by Rocket35