Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Production and round limit

Apiarian

I have looked and although I think I know the answer I really should KNOW the answer.

It is my understanding that production is limited to 10 rounds in a magazine but they CAN be in a 15 round magazine.

Can I use my 15 round magazines or do I have to buy new 10 round magazines?

Thank you for taking time to answer such a beginner guestion.

There is no better place in the web to find answers Apiarian :)

Production is restricted to ten rounds in any magazine that you have on your person. If your magazines have the capacity to hold more, that is fine...only load them up to ten. You are allowed to start with 10+1 in the chamber (provided that the starting position on that stage is gun loaded).

Two important things to note:

1) Basepads that no not come on stock magazines are not allowed, even if they are made by the gun manufacturer.

2) Some people load 11 rounds into their start magazine and forget that they have a mag that has 11 rounds when they have unloaded start positions...an action that should bump them into Open division. It is best to keep only ten rounds in all of your mags, and top off your start mag if you have a loaded gun start. That way, you are never in danger of breaking the rules.

As PB suggests, load each magazine to 10 rounds. Over the years I have seen a number of folks bumped to Open Division because they forgot that one of the mags on the belt had 11. Yes, there are RO's who count shots fired.

Thank you,

This is what I needed to know. With the cost of it all, it is good to know that I do not need to go out and buy all new magazines. I will be sure to count the rounds and not just go by the little inspection ports.

Also, no after market basepads is good to know.

This is a great forum.

Edited by Apiarian

I keep a separate magazine in my pocket just to get the first one in the tube...then back to the pocket it goes.

This is known as a "barney" mag--up to you whether that's a Barney Fife or Barney Frank - mag...works the same.

Welcome to the sport.

It has been my habit to load one mag to 11 and carry it to the line to load first. But this thread reminds me that I read somewhere this practice may be illegal because you can only go to the line with mags loaded to 10 rounds.

It has been my habit to load one mag to 11 and carry it to the line to load first. But this thread reminds me that I read somewhere this practice may be illegal because you can only go to the line with mags loaded to 10 rounds.

Nope, that's the old rule. Now it is no more than 10 rounds in any mag after the start signal.

Later,

Chuck

http://www.uspsa.org/rules/

I have looked and although I think I know the answer I really should KNOW the answer.

It is my understanding that production is limited to 10 rounds in a magazine but they CAN be in a 15 round magazine.

Can I use my 15 round magazines or do I have to buy new 10 round magazines?

Thank you for taking time to answer such a beginner guestion.

Ain't this place cool? This rule also comes in handy as there is no excuse to by anything but Hi-cap mags, which some of the nay sayers claim might someday be outlawed.

Apiarian, if you got questions, this place has answers.