Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best speedloader pouches for Safariland III for 686

lugnut

Well... I'm trying, really trying to get set up for this gun. With long lead times for equipement and reloading supplies I'm almost there. I got a Bladetech holster and comp III pouches. The holster is good... the speedloader pouch... ughh. I honestly was surprised with the lack of quality. Anyone else feel the same? I've tried some TKW stuff that is awesome but hard to get.

Any suggestions? I'll do more searching as well.

Hard to believe those little Bladetech speedloader pouches are as high as most holsters, isn't it?

Honestly I was disgusted. Part of the reason I opened a new thread to see what others really thought. That and even with searching- I couldn't find anything that looked well suited for what I'd like/expect.

Check out CPWSA here in the Dealer's forum. Chris carries Ready Tactical stuff now, and while I've never used RT speed loader holders, I use the the 1911 pouches for daily carry and matches. Great product.

Dunno about the revolver stuff much but I have never been 100% happy with BT's ammo carriers. I prefer comp tac in that department. The BT holsters have been 110% especially with their mounting options.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

When I shot revolver in IDPA, I discovered that a Blade Tech Surefire 6P light pouch holds a Comp III speedloader pretty nicely but it's upside down. Still worked well enough to make Master with it.

Mernickle makes a very good leather pouch.

http://www.mernickleholsters.com/ps/ps31.html

Honestly, I had a lot of problems with speedloaders. You really have to watch the pressure pad to be sure it doesn't hit anything or they pop open in the pouch. I tried them all and was most happy with the Jetloaders.

Edited by Doublehaul

This has worked perfectly for me for years: a sliced-up HKS medium carrier.

For the Comp III one, you only unsnap to refill the carrier; when you're shooting, you just grab the handle and pull.

I've never had one let a loader go or do anything unseemly.

I thought it would take some careful experimenting to get the cutaway just right, but it didn't go that way. I just cut, took it to the range, and never touched a thing since.

The one on the left for the Comp IIs is sort of legal, and what I used for my Python Comp IIs.

HKScarriers.jpg

• 3 months later...

Our IDPA club matches everybody uses Ted Blockers SL2 speedloader pouch for SSP. Local shop has them in stock which is probably why we all use them. If you look at Blockers site it's listed not pictured so don't get confused by the other ones. SL2 has an internal spring clip that makes them IDPA legal. It's just like the cut down HKS Cherry River posted except for the additon of the spring clip.

They work great for Jetloaders

Boats

Edited by Boats

Check out CPWSA here in the Dealer's forum. Chris carries Ready Tactical stuff now, and while I've never used RT speed loader holders, I use the the 1911 pouches for daily carry and matches. Great product.

Hopefully the poster has already found something that works for them.

I use Ready Tactical carriers. I ordered them back when Chris took orders directly.

1. They are OK but I always remove the one behind the gun if I'm getting out of a car. Unless he has changed the design they can eaisly break with stress. Chris personally told me that over time, they will break.

2. I've never done business with CPWSA - warning, I did group orders with Chris and had problems. I never received everything we paid for on the last order and emails and a snail mail letter were not answered. If they are in stock, they might be worth getting. If they are not in stock, I would not pay in advance - Chris makes good stuff but delivery times can be brutal and as I said, he never delivered items we paid for.

Speedloader holders are difficult to find - hopefully in the next version of the rules headquarters will allow us to use the Safariland 333s and just remove one of the holders.

In an effort to clarify, there are two Chris'. Chris Stewart of Ready Tactical and Chris Patty of CPWSA. I have done with business with both gentlemen and have always received top notch service! I have never heard a negative comment of Chris Patty and CPWSA.com. Here's a link to the speedloader holders: http://www.cpwsa.com/ready_tactical.htm

Give him a call and check stock! 800-691-9085

How did you alter the Safariland 333 to meet the rule requirement to cover the full body of the speedloader?

I'd be interested too...I don't think they can be made IDPA legal.

ETA: The BT holders are overpriced, but I got mine at half off. ;)

Edited by revchuck

In an effort to clarify, there are two Chris'. Chris Stewart of Ready Tactical and Chris Patty of CPWSA. I have done with business with both gentlemen and have always received top notch service! I have never heard a negative comment of Chris Patty and CPWSA.com. Here's a link to the speedloader holders: http://www.cpwsa.com/ready_tactical.htm

Give him a call and check stock! 800-691-9085

Had a Newbie at our local ICORE the other week in need of speedloader holders. I directed him to CPWSA and he had three sent to him in less than a week.