Open Slots available:

PLENTY!

Professional slots available: 4 Limited and 5 Open

Phil

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else practice the 60 yard poppers and run stage? I practiced it tonight and found shooting 5-8 shoots at 60 yards and sprinting the 35 yards allowed for 2-3 seconds to shoot the remaing targets with a full magazine once reloaded. This depends greatly I found depending on what we have to carry and if it has to stay on the second table or if we can throw it. I just dropped the item for practice. This stage is definately one you will want to videotape of everyone. All I am sure of its definately worth it to hit all 4 targets for 20 points no matter how many shots.

Anyone else practice the 60 yard poppers and run stage? I practiced it tonight and found shooting 5-8 shoots at 60 yards and sprinting the 35 yards allowed for 2-3 seconds to shoot the remaing targets with a full magazine once reloaded. This depends greatly I found depending on what we have to carry and if it has to stay on the second table or if we can throw it. I just dropped the item for practice. This stage is definately one you will want to videotape of everyone. All I am sure of its definately worth it to hit all 4 targets for 20 points no matter how many shots.

Ya, you are right about it being worth it to hit the 4 60 yard poppers no matter how long it takes.

I set up 2 regular and 2 US poppers at 60 at our house. It took me 5 to 6.5 seconds to shoot them all with a limited gun. I'm guessing that open will be about the same or maybe a bit faster. I haven't been able to check with open though, since my gun is being "tuned" right now. Hopefully it will be back for the weekend...

The forum is very quiet about the pro am. We are leaving Friday morning. I am excited to shoot this match and to see facilities. I have also practiced the 60 yard poppers and I think hitting those are the way to go. I am able to hit the pooppers very consistently with 4-6 shots if I concentrate on good sight alignment and a good press (what a concept) You hit those poppers at least you get 20 points for the stage that is not to bad for me.

Any other updates gmshtr

shooters don't waste your time going to dong's sporting goods to buy primers. he has them but you can only buy 500 unless you purchase bullets equal in number to primers purchased. he does not carry bulk bullets only 100 pcs boxes and he doesn't carry what competitive shooters shoot.

Edited by ffl

shooters don't waste your time going to dong's sporting goods to buy primers. he has them but you can only buy 500 unless you purchase bullets equal in number to primers purchased. he does not carry bulk bullets only 100 pcs boxes and he doesn't carry what competitive shooters shoot.

Its well known in OK that their place sucks...

The storm slowed us down a little this morning. It was muddy for about an hour afterward, but by the time we finished shooting, the sun had pretty much dried the ground out. Saturday and Sunday should be great shooting days. Thanks to Phil and everyone else that helped with the match. I had a blast.

Got to the hotel at 2pm after filming an instructional video with Kurt Miller near Oklahoma City this morning.

Shooting Limited tomorrow morning and then Open on Sunday afternoon.

See y'all at the range...

-Chet

Wow! That was tremendous fun!

Just got back to the hotel after shooting the Limited match.

We were done before 11am! Amazing...

What a fantastic match and we're all looking forward to shooting Open tomorrow.

This is a not-to-be-missed event and I will be back year after year.!

-Chet

Edited by DJPoLo

Great stages.....lots o' fun! :)

Anyone who knows me knows that I dont have wheels :rolleyes: ....I made the 60yd poppers in 5 shots shooting LTD and then ran down and got 3 more plates...so I had a pretty good day. Weather is awesome, can't wait to get out the open gun tomorrow....

DougC

Well I finished both matches today. Managed to blow up a case with an out of battery shot during the limited match. I managed to break myself in the Open match. Looks like it's gonna be awhile before I get to play again.

Stages were great again. The weather was so much better this year though. It was just about perfect. The guys at USSA did a fantastic job.

I managed to break myself in the Open match. Looks like it's gonna be awhile before I get to play again.

Woah! Was it on "Bridge the Gap"?

Sorry to hear that you got hurt.

-Chet

Nope, on the stage with the long range poppers. Started the run and ruptured my achilles tendon on the first step. Made it to the table with the box before I decided trying to run with a foot that wouldn't move was not a good idea.

Great stages.....lots o' fun! :)

Anyone who knows me knows that I dont have wheels :rolleyes: ....I made the 60yd poppers in 5 shots shooting LTD and then ran down and got 3 more plates...so I had a pretty good day. Weather is awesome, can't wait to get out the open gun tomorrow....

DougC

doug did you hijack mark's profile or did you just want everybody to know that mark can't run either.

PS Great Food and fun to night.