Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2009 Fort Benning 3 Gun Challenge

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Pre-Match Practice Party was almost as much fun as the match, if I only had a Stryker!!!!!

jc

PENCIL TEST

I have been trying for 6 months to crash this party :(

Cheryl :)

Cheryl, you are more than welcome but that driver you use is gonna have to start shooting slower before he gets any more chances to practice, he's like malcome davis, he seems to be moving slow but will all of a sudden end up in front of you if you aren't careful

PS guess you'll need to bring him, we have ticks in Alabama

Kitty says "morning", bring the painted gun

For the new folks, and SM's around the world that want to get in this match, Linda is THE BEST when it comes to taking care of military service members wanting to get in to this match as well as EVERYONE that's on the waiting list. I RO'ed last year and I hope that I get in this year. I had an awesome crew to work with and will happily do it again this year (I just hope we can start a little earlier to last shots are not at 830pm...it was gettin' cold). :D

Can't wait to hear those words coming through the gate, "Welcome to Ft. Benning, Home of the Infantry, Follow Me!". I miss Airborne school.

Rich

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

To everyone who keeps asking me about 'sign in' for the 2009 Ft Benning 3 Gun match:

You haven't missed anything. I did not lose my calendar or forget the dates I posted. I am still waiting for the US Army to give us the 'go-ahead.' They have a few other things on their plate, and the AMU is currently changing commanders, so that made the process a bit slower this year. I found this post from Match Director Aaron Hampton about last year's match, which still covers the situation this year:

I hope everyone understands the MOUNTAIN of paperwork that must be completed, staffed, sent before a committee, restaffed, rewritten, denied, redrafted, restaffed, lost, found, misdirected, returned from the committee, buried, dug up, burned, redrafted in a larger font, redrafted in a different font, rewritten in a different smaller font, driven to HQ, FedExed to Ft Knox, packed in a ruck sack, road marched till wet, dried, hydrated, shredded, used as fire starter, final draft, and finally approved. Well that is a LITTLE untrue; they very seldom get approved the first time around. In any case we have a lot to do to make this happen. The first step is to have the dates approved, the sponsor agreement approved by JAG, stages approved by Range Control and the Chain of Command. All these things take time, so we give what we can as we can.

Just trying to clear the air on this year’s event and why the information seems slow to release.

Thanks,

BigHamp

Note that some content that related to the 2008 match was deleted from the above quoted post - LChico

I have said before that the amount of paperwork required to pull off any event for civilians at a military base is enormous. We complicate it further because the event involves firearms.

I have never been slow about communicating information, once actually I have something to tell you.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2009 Ft Benning 3 Gun Statistician

I hope everyone understands the MOUNTAIN of paperwork that must be completed, staffed, sent before a committee, restaffed, rewritten, denied, redrafted, restaffed, lost, found, misdirected, returned from the committee, buried, dug up, burned, redrafted in a larger font, redrafted in a different font, rewritten in a different smaller font, driven to HQ, FedExed to Ft Knox, packed in a ruck sack, road marched till wet, dried, hydrated, shredded, used as fire starter, final draft, and finally approved.

Sounds like my Tax Return !!!! :roflol:

We look forward to any info when it come up Linda - hope you are well and drinks are on me B)

I spoke with Sgt. Hampton, at BRM3G and his reply was that they hadn't decided exactly how they wanted to do the match this year as far as format, and days.

So to reiterate what Linda has stated, CHILL OUT!!!!!

Trapr

<_< Sgt. Hampton showed me the layout of all the stages and how to Game them :unsure: I only had to pay $100

I am joking

Edited by AlamoShooter

I spoke with Sgt. Hampton, at BRM3G and his reply was that they hadn't decided exactly how they wanted to do the match this year as far as format, and days.

Trapr

<_< Sgt. Hampton showed me the layout of all the stages and how to Game them :unsure: I only had to pay $100

I am joking

Jamie,

Can I ride with you again this year? I'll split the gas and the $100 you spent on the stages if you pick me up in Korea!!!!

B

Trapr

I am joking

Jamie,

Can I ride with you again this year? I'll split the gas and the $100 you spent on the stages if you pick me up in Korea!!!!

B

Brother you must have herd me thinking of you this past week. Sure I will pick you up, BUT....you are going to have to do 1/2 of the paddling to get back.

:goof: That is so funny cuzz I was going to try your email to-night to see how your were doing. I hope you are well

Jamie,

B

Brother you must have herd me thinking of you this past week. Sure I will pick you up, BUT....you are going to have to do 1/2 of the paddling to get back.

:goof: That is so funny cuzz I was going to try your email to-night to see how your were doing. I hope you are well

I havn't met one person in Fort Walton that speaks 3-Gun yet... but I'm under 10 days until I crawl on the plane for Korea.

The good news is they do have a range on base... Practice during lunch??? :cheers:

B

OK, we are ready to announce!!

The 2009 FB3G will be a 3 day event! 4-6 December 2009, staff will shoot on Thursday 3 Dec with VERY limited slots for other. The match will feature 9 stages offering diverse challenges for all those who choose to attend. This is our 5th match and we plan to make it memorable.

A lot of thought has gone in to making the decision to add a day, ultimately we felt to carry out the theme of this years match, and offer a slightly more relaxed pace 3 days is the only way to go. As the event draws closer we will throw out a few teasers, but trust me YOU WANT TO BE HERE! Linda will be along soon to let you know details but the sign up will be on line within the next 3 weeks so get ready.

If you received a guaranteed entry you must still sign in on line. If you are a sponsored shooter, you must sign in on line. There are no sponsor slots assigned yet, as no sponsor letters have been sent out pending command approval. If you have a guaranteed entry, you do not need to rush, but you must sign in on line. If you will be a sponsored shooter, sign in early, just in case.

As always we do not know the future of the FB3G, so do not miss this one!!!

BigHamp

If each RO gets one more to help out, could we free up a way for AMU Team to shoot too?

We have no shortage of RO volunteers. I have had a waiting list every year for staff. I have six on a waiting list now, and I don't know yet how many spaces will open up after I invite back the staff from 2008. And I don't even consider adding anyone to the staff waiting list unless they have experience at major matches (preferably major 3 gun matches).

If the AMU team shoots, they take up spaces from competitors, and I had over 30 people on the waiting list last year who did not get into the match. Plus, they are the hosts, and SFC Aaron Hampton makes their match assignments.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Ready and waiting! :cheers:

:blink: Some of us "old guys" may have a heart condition. you could send someone to the hospital with a comment like that. :goof:

Only the one's who have met her . . .

:cheers:

Too easy

Linda Chico (L-2035)

:blink: Some of us "old guys" may have a heart condition. you could send someone to the hospital with a comment like that. :goof:

+2

+2

Easy boys! she often doesn't realize what she says may have more than one meaning, she's taken and has her own international security detachment. They get together to practice every year right before the match just for this reason :cheers: