Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Accepting Charlie and Deltas

boz1911

Hey Boz,

Looks like we will make it EAGC on Sunday. I look forward to seeing you there and shooting some Alphas. The most alphas gets a free lunch. I can't wait, it should be fun. We are going up to Cherokee tomorrow and hopefully we will get a break in the rain. If not, it will be a real challenge to get those A's through the plastic.

See you soon

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a shame we got rained out today. I was really going to enjoy that free lunch. If I can make down to Cool Springs next Sunday do you what to go head to head? ...fewest alphas buys lunch?

It was good seeing you guys and gals for breakfast even if we didn't get to shoot the match.

It is a shame we got rained out today. I was really going to enjoy that free lunch. If I can make down to Cool Springs next Sunday do you what to go head to head? ...fewest alphas buys lunch?

It was good seeing you guys and gals for breakfast even if we didn't get to shoot the match.

Cool Springs it is... :sight::sight:

Half this stuff is 90% mental. :ph34r:

Yogi....is that you?

This is actually one of the things I determined needed the most work this year as my times are right up there where they need to be but I often lose stages because of loose shots or D's. Recently what I have done in my dryfire and soon to be a lot in my live fire is completely cut the C and D section away from a USPSA target and run all of my drills with just the head and A zone. I am hoping to train my brain that anything other than an A is a miss. Seems to be working well so far so we will see!

Well I burned myself this match. I went back to Major Limited from Minor. I figured that I could go a little faster, since I didn't get dinged as bad for a "C"... apparently "Mikes" don't care about major or minor. :unsure: Even with Major- "A's" count.

Forget the C's and D's...lets be done talking about them.

Now...DECIDE...to shoot Alphas. In fact, DECIDE to define your target SPOT as a small area within the A-zone.

I was going to post something very similar to that.

Did some livefire practice this afternoon. I set up two targets at 7 yards then drew and put two shots on each as fast as I could. It only took a few runs to realize I indeed have been losing focus on the second shot. By adding focus I started to put snake eyes on the targets at very high speed. This seems to concur with what Jake said about getting back to fundamentals. This will be part of my practice from now on.

There ye go.

be

Imagine my surprise when I called SingleStack only to hear Boz1911 and Ima45dv8 in the background. And yes, they were getting in a Friday afternoon practice session. Shame!

See you on guys tomorrow.

Boz, I'll see you on Sunday at Cool Springs. Wish you could come out tomorrow, but Sunday is a good day for a free lunch too.

Imagine my surprise when I called SingleStack only to hear Boz1911 and Ima45dv8 in the background. And yes, they were getting in a Friday afternoon practice session. Shame!

See you on guys tomorrow.

Boz, I'll see you on Sunday at Cool Springs. Wish you could come out tomorrow, but Sunday is a good day for a free lunch too.

You can just use tomorrow for practice. Matter of fact I recommend you buy SingleStack's lunch just to get used to it. :roflol:

All right the results are in for most alphas at todays match.

TM262 and I both shot glacially slow bit in the end I squeeked ot a narrow win.

BOZ 138 shots, 131 Alphas, 2 Bravos, 5 Charlies

TM262 138 shots, 128 Alphas, 10 Charlies

I bet there wasn't but 1-2 Charlies between us that was more than 1/2 inch from the A-Zone.

All in all it was a great exercise in visual patience. After running the last stage I would have bet anyone a Benjamin that every hit was an Alpha and would have been right. I did notice finding the dead center of the A-Zone was pretty easy by the last stage.

To a great competitor TM262. :cheers::cheers:

Lunch was great!!

It was a fine day to shot a match, and the experience was worth every penny, literally.

I recommend the exercise to anyone. Usually, I try to go as fast as I can and still finish well. Today for the first time, winning lunch was more important than winning a stage or the match. Like Boz said the shots that were not Alphas were not off by much.

Next time, let's try it at speed.

:cheers:

Good stuff Flex - thanks for the idea.

:cheers:

Edited by TM262

To a great competitor TM262. :cheers::cheers:

Lunch was great!!

Right back at you Boz.

Sorry John and I were not there to toast your victory, but we had to get back early today.

BTW - What did you have for lunch?

Watching them shoot was like watching paint dry. I thought I went to a IPSC match and a Bullseye match broke out. First time I ever heard a shooter brag about being slower :wacko:

Dude! It was a bullseye match.

:roflol:

And trust me, Boz was not going without his lunch.

There are no charlies and deltas. There are alpha hits and there are misses. Some of those misses give you a few points, but not as many points as you get for alphas.

:cheers: Never heard it put that way before, I like it!

Alpha.................................................alpha...............................

...............alpha..................................alpha

alpha.....................alpha....................alpha......................alpha

alpha.....alpha.......alpha.........aplha

alpha..alpha......aplha..alpha

alpha,alpha,AA,alpha,alpha,AA,AA,AA,AA,Alpha,alpha,alpha,alpha,AA,AA,alpha......alpha(long shots)

EASY TO LOOSE CADENCE IF YOU DONT PAY ATTENTION.

Alpha.................................................alpha...............................

...............alpha..................................alpha

alpha.....................alpha....................alpha......................alpha

alpha.....alpha.......alpha.........aplha

alpha..alpha......aplha..alpha

alpha,alpha,AA,alpha,alpha,AA,AA,AA,AA,Alpha,alpha,alpha,alpha,AA,AA,alpha......alpha(long shots)

EASY TO LOOSE CADENCE IF YOU DONT PAY ATTENTION.

Easy to loose Alphas if you try and shoot with cadence.