Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the jones and team memphis will be there sporting new team shirts. B)

i have never made it to the real nationals, this is my natioals. i have always had a great time there, and plan another great time. maybe BE will check out my squad and thump me on the head. :D

lynn

It was an excellent match last year (except for the early, early start times :wacko: ). Last year even though we split a DQ, a faceplant and a zeroed stage between the three of us, we all wanted to come back.

Hopefully it'll be more of the same this year.

I shot the match the year before last which was a couple months after I started in this addiction-oops I mean sport.

I was great fun for me. I did not have a clue of what I was doing, luckily some other folks with whom I regularily shoot were on my squad.

I watched Beven give a mag tuning clinic during the breaks. He was a very gracious person. He took the time with folks to show them and explain what he was doing. Sometimes with great humor! The vendor area was pretty good. The prize table was also pretty good.

The heat was not bad for Mesa. Alot of folks carried their chairs and water with them. Gear wagons were also used alot.

The stages ran the gamut from imaginative, run and shoot, stand and shoot, think-run and shoot, some easy some hard, all a real kick to shoot.

Did not experience one RO with anything less than a great attitude!!

I have been fortunate enough to be shooting Tuesday Night Steel lately and it sounds like from the folks in Mesa this year's match is going to be even more of the same fun--

I would suggest a lot of shooting at (being able to hit it would be a good idea too) the Texas Star. It has been on a stage for the last three or four weeks on Tuesday Night Steel. Area 4 had TWO Texas Stars on one stage a couple of months ago.

BTW: They extended the 202 Freeway. So you can actually stay in hotels/motels that are farther away. The 101 Freeway connects to the 202 Freeway, it takes me less than 30 minutes to get from the airport to Rio Salado.

• 1 month later...

TDean... I got your check :-)

I have 26 slots left. Since I've gotten my user id back for this forum - I'll keep you all posted up on this site with the app counts. I expect a waiting list within a week. Either that or we might up the squads to 16 shooters/squad.

There are 10 stages + chrono. The round count is 273. You can ship your ammo to:

(your name) - Rio Salado Desert Classic

c/o Accuracy Speaks

3960 N. Usery Pass Road

Mesa, Arizona 85207

I'm working on getting the stages on the web - will let you know when/where that is when it happens.

If anyone needs any addition info... just let me know.

Area2Chic

Erik,

It is hard to turn people away... especially those that have made airlines and hotel reservations. They just don't get it!! Our match fills up! Don't wait until the last minute! But NooOOooo... I have ALWAYS had some (bozo) show up at the match and say "Well, my sponsor told me that I had a slot..." Pretty pompus if you ask me. :-( You did ask me? Right?

My 2¢... I always try my best to fit everyone in... hate to see those whiners go away cryin'

AZ Stats Chic

I understand the pressures as a match organizer. Understand where I'm coming from as a travelling shooter... I didn't pay $175 to spend an hour and half waiting at each stage.

I'm a little touchy about this now because I just paid $200 to spend two and half hours waiting at another match. <_<

Erik,

Thank you for your sympathies... you could bring chocolate if you REALLY felt bad :-) I've been working on this since July. I used to shoot the match until they asked me to help one year. Ever since then I've been "in charge" of stats - that was 1995.

As a competitor I can sympathize with you... but I checked the last 4 years... you've been participating in this event since 2000. I didn't see your name in my 1999 registration. As history shows - you are willing to travel from San Francisco to our match in Mesa, AZ - this being your 5'th year in a row. You didn't EVER wait that long at our match to shoot a stage. It runs very smoothly. Even though last year we changed to an earlier schedule - it runs on time. So where did you spend the (Really) big bucks to shoot?

Another reason for the big entry fee is the size of our prize table. This year should be as good as last year. We had 108 yellow sheet items including 60 actual guns. If you're willing to work the match, the RO's prize table had 8 guns on it last year - those are given away by raffle - depending on the number of 1/2 days you work. Makes your chances for big stuff a lot higher if you are an "average" shooter.

Looking forward to seeing your smiling face...

Area2Chic

You didn't EVER wait that long at our match to shoot a stage.

Actually, I waited two or three hours to shoot Stage 1 one year, I think it was 2001... when it was finally my turn they stopped and told me to come back the next day. The next year we had a 2+ hour wait on one of the other stages on the rifle range (dominoe effect). Last year we had to shoot a stage in the dark.

Area2Chic,

Can you let me know when you recieve my application and check? I sent it out last week from Louisiana. We don't have all those hard,dry roads to ship our mail out quickly like in AZ. It has to be shipped out through swamps in pirogues so it takes a little longer,lol. Thank you for your time.

Blake Miguez

FY29399