Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Texas Open Championship 2009

Oops, guys sorry for the misinformation. 2nd app shoots for free.

Guys latest update, No more 2nd division allowed on this upcoming match. Sorry for the previous confusions . : :o

Alex

Edited by 4everB

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was wondering about the "second gun shoots free" policy. Could have made for a very long match (as in twice as long).

+1

Shooting 2 divisions would not be fun for the rest of your squad mates.

I was wondering about the "second gun shoots free" policy. Could have made for a very long match (as in twice as long).

+1

Shooting 2 divisions would not be fun for the rest of your squad mates.

Yes you can, first gun shoot w/ Ro's Friday,2nd gun w/ your squad Sat.Sun. No worry not going to happened anymore.

Mailed my app today. Spoke with several shooters on my Space City squad who had nothing but good things to say about the Texas Open. My gear should be dried out by the time the match rolls around. :roflol:

Edited by ValleySig229

should be sending my app in here shortly...

Just got home from IMPACT range 3 hrs. away from my house, Talked to Phil owner of that range,he said water last Saturday same deep as in Bay area (Space City)but no gear got wit. Range condition earlier excellent and dry, I wish it's favorable until TX OPEN.

Just got home from IMPACT range 3 hrs. away from my house, Talked to Phil owner of that range,he said water last Saturday same deep as in Bay area (Space City)but no gear got wit. Range condition earlier excellent and dry, I wish it's favorable until TX OPEN.

If anyone remember JOHN DIXON former world champion from old days, Your opportunity to see him shooting in TX OPEN next month at the age of 63. He represent IMPACTZONE range.

Just got home from IMPACT range 3 hrs. away from my house, Talked to Phil owner of that range,he said water last Saturday same deep as in Bay area (Space City)but no gear got wet. Range condition earlier excellent and dry, I wish it's favorable until TX OPEN.

314 + rds. Bring plenty of water and chairs.

Edited by 4everB

Two great TEXAS matches survived despite of bad weather, Two more to go. TEXAS OPEN coming next month followed by AREA4 in October.

Just realizing after shooting SPACE CITY- 4 major matches in Texas this year, Two in North and Two in the South.

1. March-The famous DOUBLETAP- Coldd...coldd...cold...

2. April - The popular SPACE CITY CHALLENGE- Rainn..rainn..rain...

3. May - TEXAS OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP -????????

4. October - AREA4 CHAMPIONSHIP - ???????

Who among these 4 will have ideal shooting weather?

You forgot one of the best matches in Texas the Texas State Limited in August. I can assure you that you would love to have a little rain during that one to cool it off. Also honorable mention for the Summer Shootout put on by RiverCity shooters, not a major because it costs only $40.00 but 7 great stages and a well run match, its a cash back event. I was an RO at Double Tap and Space City the weather was great at both for shooting, lousy for the match. Tune up in October for Area 4 at the Gator, it is a very good match with a great prize table.

Two great TEXAS matches survived despite of bad weather, Two more to go. TEXAS OPEN coming next month followed by AREA4 in October.

Just realizing after shooting SPACE CITY- 4 major matches in Texas this year, Two in North and Two in the South.

1. March-The famous DOUBLETAP- Coldd...coldd...cold...

2. April - The popular SPACE CITY CHALLENGE- Rainn..rainn..rain...

3. May - TEXAS OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP -????????

4. October - AREA4 CHAMPIONSHIP - ???????

Who among these 4 will have ideal shooting weather?

You forgot one of the best matches in Texas the Texas State Limited in August. I can assure you that you would love to have a little rain during that one to cool it off. Also honorable mention for the Summer Shootout put on by RiverCity shooters, not a major because it costs only $40.00 but 7 great stages and a well run match, its a cash back event. I was an RO at Double Tap and Space City the weather was great at both for shooting, lousy for the match. Tune up in October for Area 4 at the Gator, it is a very good match with a great prize table.

Thanks for the reminder, Sorry i don't mean to forget Jim Mitchell's match.Yes i truly agree what you said, These are also a great matches i 'll be there. :unsure:

Great looking stages - will be sending my app in soon. Been kicking myself for missing Space City.

Guys, Today is the last day for T-shirt, No more t-shirt order after today,unless you email me before midnight. My contract w/ T-shirt printing expired today. Thanks

Alex

Great looking stages - will be sending my app in soon. Been kicking myself for missing Space City.

Guys, Today is the last day for T-shirt, No more t-shirt order after today,unless you email me before midnight. My contract w/ T-shirt printing expired today. Thanks

Alex

:surprise: Oopps..Just received two open Grand Masters from Arizona, I won't reveal their names. Reminder registration closed May 15.

Just got home from IMPACT range 3 hrs. away from my house, Talked to Phil owner of that range,he said water last Saturday same deep as in Bay area (Space City)but no gear got wet. Range condition earlier excellent and dry, I wish it's favorable until TX OPEN.

314 + rds. Bring plenty of water and chairs.

I have never been to the IMPACT range. Will there be any cover available in the bays where the stages will be shot? More or less how far are the bays from where we will be parking? Just trying to get an idea what I will need to bring. Looking forward to the match.

I have never been to the IMPACT range. Will there be any cover available in the bays where the stages will be shot? More or less how far are the bays from where we will be parking? Just trying to get an idea what I will need to bring. Looking forward to the match.

Currently 6 of the bays have a permanent cover available. I don't have anything to do with the match so I don't know if there are plans for any additional tarps. Attached is an aerial view of the range. The red lines denote where new berms have been built to bring up the total number of bays to 11 since the photo was taken. Blue rectangle is where a parking area has been cleared out. For the local matches at the range you can usually park on the road up to the berms as well but I'm not sure what the plans are for the Texas Open.

post-8246-1241552259_thumb.png

Edited by jtielke

Just curious - will there be a prize table or will it be cash awards for div/class winners like last year? Last year's match was really fun, hope I can make it down for this one!

Just curious - will there be a prize table or will it be cash awards for div/class winners like last year? Last year's match was really fun, hope I can make it down for this one!

Hi Girl, Guns for the DIVISION winners,with at least 15 shtrs.in a division to win gun. Prize table and random drawing.

Edited by 4everB

I would really like to make it down to shoot with my buddies at this match. I have the time off... just can't scrape the funds together...

Jay - You can stay in our Room free.