Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

When the wife says: "You need to reload"

Mike Schramm

now if you could convince her that the greatest danger of reloading is boredom, and that it is a safety issue not to have a flat-screen installed in the reloading area....

Hey... this actually works... I talked mine into letting me put a TV in there... :cheers:

Frank

She was just trying to get you outta her presence, not enhancing your reloading experience :roflol:

She's a keeper!

You have no idea. Every Saturday we go out to run our errands and she will often say, "Hey, let's go see Bill [owner of the local gun emporium]".

Translation: Someone is coming home with a new toy!

She likes fishing, camping, shooting and looks like a million bucks all the time...

And no, she does not have any sisters. <_<

Conversation.

She: "How much is a case of rifle ammo?"

Me : "$xxx"

She: "How many rounds?"

Me : "500"

She: "Sheesh, you need to reload."

:cheers:

Same here. I was always shopping for the best deals and she just looked at me and said "why don't you just get a reloader and quit wasting your time looking for cheap ammo"?

back in the mid 80s when we were all running .45acp 200gr SWC w/5.7g of 231W we tried to get a group buy on a manually operated Camdex. IIRC it was $1800. We tried to get 8-10 people to chip in to buy it but it didn't work out. Can't imagine what that press would be worth today.

Oh well; I toughed it out and bought a Dillon 1050 for my personal use. :cheers:

We saw this awesome loader at the Shot Show Click Here

Wish I had the $35,000 to buy one for my honey who reloads all the ammo, for all the matches, all year long.

He is a sweetheart... :wub:

Let's not forget...I did load all the primer tubes, load and unload the tumbler, setup the chrono, hand inspect and chamber check 1000 rds., make dinner, load the dishwasher, wash 4 loads of laundry, and run to the grocery store. But hey, who's counting. :lol:

My advice is Number one: Don't let your wife know how much anything related to shooting costs. Number two:Make sure you have so much shooting related stuff it's like looking at a forest. Number three: If she asks, you've had that gun for a while. :devil:

Yeah I know I'm on wifey number 4, but letting them know everything didn't work the with the first three, so this is my new strategy!! ^_^

My advice is Number one: Don't let your wife know how much anything related to shooting costs. Number two:Make sure you have so much shooting related stuff it's like looking at a forest. Number three: If she asks, you've had that gun for a while. :devil:

Yeah I know I'm on wifey number 4, but letting them know everything didn't work the with the first three, so this is my new strategy!! ^_^

1. Don't let your wife know how much anything related to shooting costs. Unfortunatly, my wife is friends with my dealer, and she knows how to use the internet...

2. Make sure you have so much shooting related stuff it's like looking at a forest. Done

3. If she asks, you've had that gun for awhile. Tried that, doesn't work. She just "knows" when I spend money. She's called me once within five minutes of buying a new carry gun and said... what did you spend $450 on at the gun shop? :surprise:

Frank

We saw this awesome loader at the Shot Show Click Here

Wish I had the $35,000 to buy one for my honey who reloads all the ammo, for all the matches, all year long.

He is a sweetheart... :wub:

Let's not forget...I did load all the primer tubes, load and unload the tumbler, setup the chrono, hand inspect and chamber check 1000 rds., make dinner, load the dishwasher, wash 4 loads of laundry, and run to the grocery store. But hey, who's counting. :lol:

Jim is a LUCKY guy, no matter what he has told me

1. Don't let your wife know how much anything related to shooting costs. Unfortunatly, my wife is friends with my dealer, and she knows how to use the internet...

2. Make sure you have so much shooting related stuff it's like looking at a forest. Done

3. If she asks, you've had that gun for awhile. Tried that, doesn't work. She just "knows" when I spend money. She's called me once within five minutes of buying a new carry gun and said... what did you spend $450 on at the gun shop? :surprise:

Frank

Frank

Yer F'd