heather grey 1

purple 11

carolina blue 1

military green 1

black 1

white 11

gold 1

ash 1

So it looks like Sand is the big winner for the light color. And I think Dark Chocolate would look good for the logo.

So now for the dark color. From this:

red 11111

cardinal 1111

charcoal 11111

royal 1111

indigo 111

black 1111

forest 111

navy 1111

... if we think of red and cardinal the "red" category, and also royal, indigo, and navy in the "blue" category... I would prefer the blue category. Red is a more "specialized" color for a shirt. A lot of people who wouldn't wear a red shirt would wear a some shade of blue. And out of the 3 blue colors, royal is pretty much "Dillon blue," so that's out (not that I don't love Dillon as you all know), so I'm down to navy or indigo. The indigo didn't get a lot of votes, but I like it, and it would complement the sand color shirt nicely. And me and BigJoni think sand would look good for the logo on the indigo shirt.

So at the moment I'm leaning pretty hard on a Sand shirt with a Dark Chocolate logo, and an Indigo shirt with a Sand logo.

be

Thanks all!!!

It will probably be a couple months till I have them in stock. I still have to re-do all the artwork, get the templates from the printer, get them printed, and build them into the webstore.

be

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Brian,

Do you think I could order some special (I will pay more) with long sleeves? I live here in the desert and the sun is a killer. I'd rather wear a shirt than sunscreen.

This is going to be cool!

Jimmy

Thanks all!!!

It will probably be a couple months till I have them in stock. I still have to re-do all the artwork, get the templates from the printer, get them printed, and build them into the webstore.

be

Brian,

Have you thought of just starting a store on CafePress.com? It would allow everybody to get exactly the color, size, and style that they want, and you wouldn't have to invest money in inventory. That's what we did for our local steel match, and the results have been great! Check out our CafePress store and see what you think:

http://www.cafepress.com/inertia_apparel/5644519

I think this is a great way for clubs to get cool gear, and all you have to do us upload your image! No pressure, just a thought.

Sincerely,

Chuck

The new T's are now in my site:

http://www.brianenos.com/pages/makumozo.html

And store:

http://www.brianenos.com/store/t-shirts.html

The turned out real nice, the colors, grahics, and graphic colors all look great together.

Thanks to everyone that participated in the color selections! Between all of us, we did a great job.

be

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brian,

Do you think I could order some special (I will pay more) with long sleeves? I live here in the desert and the sun is a killer. I'd rather wear a shirt than sunscreen.

This is going to be cool!

Jimmy

I'm sorry Jimmy but I can't do that at this time. My guy won't just print a few, he needs qty 50 minimum order. And I just printed 280 shirts total, so I won't be re-printing for a while.

Thanks all!!!

be

Brian,

Have you thought of just starting a store on CafePress.com? It would allow everybody to get exactly the color, size, and style that they want, and you wouldn't have to invest money in inventory. That's what we did for our local steel match, and the results have been great! Check out our CafePress store and see what you think:

http://www.cafepress.com/inertia_apparel/5644519

I think this is a great way for clubs to get cool gear, and all you have to do us upload your image! No pressure, just a thought.

Sincerely,

Chuck

Thanks Chuck, I will check them out when I get caught up on one more big project I need to finish.

be

I like them a lot Brian.

I'm kinda surprised you decided to go with yokogaki format instead of tategaki.

Thanks.

A couple of people, who seemed to know, have commented that the 3 characters are from a very old, little known style of Japanese writing. At the time I started with those characters, long ago, I had no clue. I just scanned them from the book where I saw them. ;)

be

Hi Brian,

Nice colors. Any thoughts about using techwear for future orders? The material used in the shirts which they sell today is much better than a few years ago. When I'm headed to a local match or practice I tend to look past the cotton t-shirts for one of their shirts...the material breathes.

Edited by Sterling White