Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How do I use the quote feature?

Flexmoney

I was asked:

I thought it might make a good thread. (and I am a bit busy to answer it myself right now....)

I use the quote button, once it turns red I hit reply....Wala!

I sense a trick question here....

I was asked:

I thought it might make a good thread. (and I am a bit busy to answer it myself right now....)

I use the quote button, once it turns red I hit reply....Wala!

I sense a trick question here....

I asked flex to point me in the right direction. This ain't it. I am more of a shooter than a computer guy. I really would like to know how to use the quote feature. I have tried different variations but can't seem to get it right. Oh well, let the games begin I guess.

I asked flex to point me in the right direction. This ain't it. I am more of a shooter than a computer guy. I really would like to know how to use the quote feature. I have tried different variations but can't seem to get it right. Oh well, let the games begin I guess.

If this works, I cut and paste your statement and hit the wrap in quote tags icon, 2nd from right end, below thhe fonts drop down. Been wondering myself but hadn't found a good place to try it.

If this works, I cut and paste your statement and hit the wrap in quote tags icon, 2nd from right end, below thhe fonts drop down. Been wondering myself but hadn't found a good place to try it.

Test message If this works thanks alot calmwater.

OOPS spoke too soon. Can't quote a specific sentence only the whole post.
How do you quote multiple posts in the same reply?

I think I found the answer already. Hit reply if you only want to quote that post. Hit quote on multiple posts and then hit "add reply" at the very bottom to add muliple quotes.

Edited by BNorth

(1) Highlight the block of text you want to quote.

(2) Hit Ctrl/c (for Copy, natch). For total computer newbies, that means hold down the Ctrl key (located, probably, at bottom/left of the keyboard) and then hit the letter "c".

(3) Click on Add Reply.

(4) When the empty box shows up, click inside the box to activate the cursor

(5) Click on the Quote icon (second from the right along the line of icons above the white box). The "quote" and "/quote" boxes will appear, inside brackets, with no space between.

(6) Put the cursor between the right bracket after "quote" and the left bracket before "/quote". Click once. The cursor appears between the "quote" and "/quote" boxes.

(7) Hit Ctrl/v (for View). The copied text will appear between the "quote" and "/quote" brackets.

(8) Voilà! You're done. Have a beer. You deserve it. :cheers:

) Put the cursor between the right bracket after "quote" and the left bracket before "/quote". Click once. The cursor appears between the "quote" and "/quote" boxes.

Thanks , I am the newbie you mention . I thought I would figure it out someday on my own . That would have never happened !! Beer Time :cheers:

(1) Highlight the block of text you want to quote.

(2) Hit Ctrl/c (for Copy, natch). For total computer newbies, that means hold down the Ctrl key (located, probably, at bottom/left of the keyboard) and then hit the letter "c".

(3) Click on Add Reply.

(4) When the empty box shows up, click inside the box to activate the cursor

(5) Click on the Quote icon (second from the right along the line of icons above the white box). The "quote" and "/quote" boxes will appear, inside brackets, with no space between.

(6) Put the cursor between the right bracket after "quote" and the left bracket before "/quote". Click once. The cursor appears between the "quote" and "/quote" boxes.

(7) Hit Ctrl/v (for View). The copied text will appear between the "quote" and "/quote" brackets.

(8) Voilà! You're done. Have a beer. You deserve it.

Thank You

I am pretty computer savvy, and I see no difference between the quote being blue (+), and the quote being red (-). I figured it was just a glitch with the web site, so I always edited the quotes manually (or more often than not just let the quote show up and ignore it.) FWIW, this was done with Quote+

Use the quote button if you wish to reply to several posts at once. Once you've selected the posts you wish to reply to by toggling the "quote" button on, hit "add reply" and they'll all show up in order. Edit them --- as you wish or need to, then add your comments.....

Use the quote button if you wish to reply to several posts at once. Once you've selected the posts you wish to reply to by toggling the "quote" button on, hit "add reply" and they'll all show up in order. Edit them --- as you wish or need to, then add your comments.....

Doesn't work for me. I hit the quote button on several posts, and this is all I got. I also can't get the web site to remember which posts I've viewed. Life goes on.

Doesn't work for me. I hit the quote button on several posts, and this is all I got. I also can't get the web site to remember which posts I've viewed. Life goes on.

Did you hit +quote on every post then hit "Add Reply"?

Did you hit +quote on every post then hit "Add Reply"?

yep.

By default, at the bottom of each post the button is blue and says "+ Quote". If I click on it, it turns red and says "- Quote". If I click a second time, it goes back to its original state. None of this seems to have any impact on what appears by default in my message when I hit reply. It quotes completely whatever message I hit reply to, and nothing else.

Edited by sperman

I about to switch over to re-loading .40 S&W. My SDB has been great for .45 ACP and 9mm, but I'm worried about the .40 S&W. I have lots of brass from the range, and I'm sure quite a bit of it came out of Glocks.

Will my SDB be OK? Should I just go ahead and upgrade to a 650?

:roflol: