Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How do I use the quote feature?

Flexmoney

I about to switch over to re-loading .40 S&W. My SDB has been great for .45 ACP and 9mm, but I'm worried about the .40 S&W. I have lots of brass from the range, and I'm sure quite a bit of it came out of Glocks.

Will my SDB be OK? Should I just go ahead and upgrade to a 650?

:roflol:

I'm glad it works for you. It doesn't for me.

BTW, I grew up in Smyrna. Moved away in 91.

• 10 months later...
Use the quote button if you wish to reply to several posts at once. Once you've selected the posts you wish to reply to by toggling the "quote" button on, hit "add reply" and they'll all show up in order. Edit them --- as you wish or need to, then add your comments.....
Use the quote button if you wish to reply to several posts at once. Once you've selected the posts you wish to reply to by toggling the "quote" button on, hit "add reply" and they'll all show up in order. Edit them --- as you wish or need to, then add your comments.....

Doesn't work for me. I hit the quote button on several posts, and this is all I got.

yep.

By default, at the bottom of each post the button is blue and says "+ Quote". If I click on it, it turns red and says "- Quote". If I click a second time, it goes back to its original state. None of this seems to have any impact on what appears by default in my message when I hit reply. It quotes completely whatever message I hit reply to, and nothing else.

Doesn't work for me. I hit the quote button on several posts, and this is all I got.

yep.

By default, at the bottom of each post the button is blue and says "+ Quote". If I click on it, it turns red and says "- Quote". If I click a second time, it goes back to its original state. None of this seems to have any impact on what appears by default in my message when I hit reply. It quotes completely whatever message I hit reply to, and nothing else.

That is likely the problem. You are hitting the little <reply> button on an individual posts. That works great if you are just quoting that one post (and is what I usually use).

If you are quoting more than one post, you need to use the <Add Reply> button...located at the bottom of the whole page.

*quote name='Singlestack' date='Jan 20 2009, 06:31 PM' post='901247'*

lol

Is there a question? :)

I think he is just experimenting on quoting...this would be a good place to do so.

Kevin...the reason that didn't work is that you didn't add in the closing quote tag (or deleted it? ).

lol

That is likely the problem. You are hitting the little <reply> button on an individual posts. That works great if you are just quoting that one post (and is what I usually use).

If you are quoting more than one post, you need to use the <Add Reply> button...located at the bottom of the whole page.

*quote name='Singlestack' date='Jan 20 2009, 06:31 PM' post='901247'*

lol

I think he is just experimenting on quoting...this would be a good place to do so.

Kevin...the reason that didn't work is that you didn't add in the closing quote tag (or deleted it? ).

Quoting is fun! :cheers: And BTW, there is a limit to the number of posts you can quote in one post, and you can quote me on that that, lol! :P

Yep, I was just trying to make sense of it. I like to consider myself half way smart but for the life of me I can't nail down the quote features. I always just hit reply which includes the whole message.

Basically I would like a tutorial on how to get the best use out of the forum. So far I can not figure out quoting or how to send links to particular posts or threads. I know there is a lot I don't know that would make the forum a funner place for me.

Basically I would like a tutorial on how to get the best use out of the forum. So far I can not figure out quoting or how to send links to particular posts or threads. I know there is a lot I don't know that would make the forum a funner place for me.

If you want to quote a single post --- click on "Reply" in the lower right corner. Then start typing following the end of the brackets enclosing the slash symbol quote. If you only want to reply to a single sentence in the post, you can highlight and delete everything else.

If you want to reply to different parts of the same post --- one sentence or paragraph at the time, use the enter/return key to separate the post out into chunks. Each chunk will need to start with quote name= enclosed in brackets and end in the slash quote in brackets --- the stuff in brackets provides instructions so that the board knows what to do with it....

Click on reply to this post, and read it in the window that opens --- you should see a Quote Name for me, followed by a Quote name for you because I quoted your post in this one. Where your quoted post ends there is a slash quote, and then there's a second slash quote where mine ends. Play with it a little -- and feel free to hit back with questions....

If you want to quote a single post --- click on "Reply" in the lower right corner. Then start typing following the end of the brackets enclosing the slash symbol quote. If you only want to reply to a single sentence in the post, you can highlight and delete everything else.

If you want to reply to different parts of the same post --- one sentence or paragraph at the time, use the enter/return key to separate the post out into chunks. Each chunk will need to start with quote name= enclosed in brackets and end in the slash quote in brackets --- the stuff in brackets provides instructions so that the board knows what to do with it....

Click on reply to this post, and read it in the window that opens --- you should see a Quote Name for me, followed by a Quote name for you because I quoted your post in this one. Where your quoted post ends there is a slash quote, and then there's a second slash quote where mine ends. Play with it a little -- and feel free to hit back with questions....

This was a pretty helpful thread.

• 5 years later...