Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI Custom Shop "Infinite"

Chuck Anderson

So I swung by STI's booth at the SHOT Show to see their new custom shop offerings. They have some very nice looking blasters. All will be built around Schuemann barrels and all will go by the custom shot name, "Infinite" And no that is not a typo. STI also had some other goodies out, such as the prototype of their new aluminum grip frame (will take any standard magwell), STI AR15, Matchmaster (a complete open gun similar to the Steelmaster but for Major USPSA competition) and several GP6's with triggers much nicer than what STI had on Display at Nationals this year.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

STI also had some other goodies out, such as the prototype of their new aluminum grip frame (will take any standard magwell), STI AR15, Matchmaster (a complete open gun similar to the Steelmaster but for Major USPSA competition).

Thats all good news!!!!

I hope STI aluminum grip is more reasonable prise than SVI's. :wacko:

STI aluminum grip will take any standard magwell. :cheers:

Here's the info I saw:

Infinite

For Unlimited Shooter Variety, STI International is proud to announce the new Infinite.

For a limited time, we are offering YOU - our valued customers - the opportunity to design the pistol YOU want.

The only requirements are:

1. The Barrel must be a Schuemann barrel (but can be ANY barrel they make) Go to www.Schuemann.com for a complete list of barrels

offered.

2. Aside from the barrel, only STI parts may be used.

3. All options must be currently available from STI.

4. No custom serial numbers on 1911 frames

Other than those few guidelines, you are free to let your imagination run wild. Do you want a VIP style pistol with Tactical rails, Sabertooth Serrations, and adjustable night sights? Here's your chance. If you can come up with it, we can build it. You can get the gun you want built to the HIGHEST standards by people who know pistols. (Obviously, the pricing is going to vary from pistol to pistol, so call your STI sales representative to get a quote.)

Here's the info I saw:

Infinite

For Unlimited Shooter Variety, STI International is proud to announce the new Infinite.

For a limited time, we are offering YOU - our valued customers - the opportunity to design the pistol YOU want.

The only requirements are:

1. The Barrel must be a Schuemann barrel (but can be ANY barrel they make) Go to www.Schuemann.com for a complete list of barrels

offered.

2. Aside from the barrel, only STI parts may be used.

3. All options must be currently available from STI.

4. No custom serial numbers on 1911 frames

Other than those few guidelines, you are free to let your imagination run wild. Do you want a VIP style pistol with Tactical rails, Sabertooth Serrations, and adjustable night sights? Here's your chance. If you can come up with it, we can build it. You can get the gun you want built to the HIGHEST standards by people who know pistols. (Obviously, the pricing is going to vary from pistol to pistol, so call your STI sales representative to get a quote.)

Maybe the could set up a web page and call it "Buildgunner" <_<

If I were SVI I would sue their pants off for trademark infringement re: That name. Thats pretty cheap.

There's a lot of "unpleasant" history between SV and STI and this appears to be a measure of payback. It's no coincidence that SV used to exclusively use Schuemann barrels....their site had that displayed prominently (it's gone now)....and now STI and Schuemann are working together. I'm wondering if it's no coincidence that SV is saying the plastic grips (which STI makes) aren't available any longer?

It's great to see STI start a custom program again and it would be nice to see them put together some sort of system to let folks see all the options. I just hope it's not like Gunbuilder which annoyed me every time I tried to use it.

It'll be interesting to see if this actually drives new products since the switch to Schuemann barrels alone is going to change things with hybrid ports etc. R,

Edited by G-ManBart

I'll take cheap any day of the week, if it means an aluminum grip $200 less than an SV grip that uses non-standard magwells. ;)

+1

It is good that SVI gets little competition for aluminum grip. Hopefully that will bring prises down. I don't care who makes aluminum grip. I only care for quality products. In my opinion STI is known for quality products so I am pretty hopeful for the new grip.

Don't you think STI and SVI are pretty close.

I think Infinity and INFINITE are more confusing!

SV can try to sue but STI now owns the trademark on INFINITE. I'm sure STI considered that ahead of time.

If anyone is more tech savvy than me, I've got picutures of the prototype girp, I just don't know how to post them. I can email them for someone to post though.