Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RCBS bullet feeder

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like I might have to ramp up my competitive juices.

Crazy World...Ain't It?

Wouldn't it be great if a company like Dillon would manufacture and sell your bullet feeder ? :wub:

Don't get me wrong, it's NOT a criticism towards you in any way.

I just happen to think your product is great, and have been waiting for over 6 month to be able to buy one once you resume shipping... (now I might just wait to compare with rcbs's if it's out before you start shipping again).

It would just fit nicely and naturally in the Dillon product range, with 100% availability and maybe a lower price (big company, more exposure, bigger distributor network, scale savings, ...).

Btw, I'm also an inventor of some kind, and hesitate all the time between manufacturing my products, or selling a licence...

Edited by Jerome Poiret

Taken from the release.

Bullet Feeder—Pistol Kit (Progressive Press)

Designed to fit on most 7/8"-14 threaded progressive presses the new RCBS® Pistol Bullet

Feeder Kit features an 110VAC operated collator unit that orients the bullets to drop into the

feed mechanism. The hopper holds approximately 200 bullets. The kit contains adapters to

load 9mm/.38 Spl/.357 Mag, 10mm/.40 and .45 ACP jacketed/FMJ pistol bullets. Load rate

increased at least 50%. NOTE: Not for use with lead bullets, jacketed or FMJ bullets only.

Hmm...the 'not for lead' thing kinda sucks. Also, it's hard to tell from the picture in that pdf but it looks like the tube from the collator to the tool head is a rigid pipe. Looks like you'd have to do some mods to it in order to use on the 1050. Can anyone that's seen one in person confirm if it's a rigid pipe??

Thomas

Crazy World...Ain't It?

Wouldn't it be great if a company like Dillon would manufacture and sell your bullet feeder ? :wub:

Don't get me wrong, it's NOT a criticism towards you in any way.

I just happen to think your product is great, and have been waiting for over 6 month to be able to buy one once you resume shipping... (now I might just wait to compare with rcbs's if it's out before you start shipping again).

It would just fit nicely and naturally in the Dillon product range, with 100% availability and maybe a lower price (big company, more exposure, bigger distributor network, scale savings, ...).

Btw, I'm also an inventor of some kind, and hesitate all the time between manufacturing my products, or selling a licence...

Thanks for your input, Jerome

I've considered that possibility before and I may have to give it more thought...

Also...FYI, Since you're located in Europe, you might want to check to see if Saul Kirsch at Double Alpha still has any units available.

Rick

Can't use lead bullets. :(

I thought all the bullet feeders advised against lead bullets, as the lube get on things and gums up the works?

Yep. You can use them, just have to clean it a lot.

This is interesting. I may have to think about getting one for the 650.

I can't say enough good things about my KISS bullet feeder. It's simply amazing how much faster I can load now. If I could keep the pace up for a solid hour I could easily get 800 rounds done on my 650. But I usually take a break after about a half hour and then continue for another 30 min. Usually nets about 600 rounds an hour. Give or take.

I dont know if I would have bought the KISS if I hadn't seen it in use at the 2007 Nats vendor tent. I'm not a big fan of buying things before I try them / or at least see them in person.

And lest we all forget that new products need to be thoroughly tested before we shooters give them 2 thumbs up. How many people ran right out and bought the new Ruger LCP .380 even though the Keltec P3AT .380 had been in existence for years. How's that recall going for you now ?

Midway has them listed as "coming soon" $ 389.99

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/...leitemid=684180

Crazy World...Ain't It?

Are you the advertiser on ebay? If so, you need some BIGGER pictures in the ad!!

No...I don't advertise on e-bay, besides those are GSI units for sale.