Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What are your shooting goals for 2009?

I'm just curious what your goals are for this shooting season. My goal last year was to make Master in Open by Summer of 2009 and I accomplished it in the fall of 2008. I took a little time off over the past 2 months to "regroup" as I only shot a few times. I'm glad I did this because now I'm all amped up and ready for the new practice season. I was first thinking of switching to Limited and trying to make Master by the end of 2009 but I've decided to stick with open. This is where I have the most fun.

So, my goal this year are to shoot 90% A's in matches and obviously practice. I'm going to slow down a bit and try to see things a little bit better. I'm not one to have many misses during matches but I tend to throw too many C's.

I'll have more goals but I need to give it serious thought and asses my abilities to see where I can improve and have a MEASURABLE goal to attain.

So, what are your goals this year?

Pete

My Goals are currently, Shoot Area 1 and be able to compete in at least 3 Local matches before then. My 2008 goal was to get to master class but some Life Events blocked that and now being in this financial state i don't believe i will be able to accomplish that goal this year either. But, I am really looking forwards to enjoying myself at Area1 and being able to just enjoy the matches i will be able to attend.

My goal is to break 1800 at my local bianchi cup match. I know pretty low goal. Really I just want to improve each match until I shoot clean. The magic 1920. Then maybe shoot in the real Bianchi Cup match one day.

Edited by speculatorking

Well I'm still trying to sort things out on this. I think I'll be shooting Production and SSP for most of the year- I'm giving a whirl at Single Stack/CDP for now with my G21SF- I'd like to get to 3 gun Expert in IDPA so once I get to Expert in CDP I'll switch back to my G34 for Production/SSP. EOY I'd like to get to A "level" shooting in Production and Master "level" in SSP. I emphasize level as I'm although I'd like to be classified as such- I want to be an A level shooter. I'm working the plan to get there but it will include:

Shooting more USPSA in addition to IDPA locally

Much more dry fire drills at home

Focus/work on movement, steel, solid long shots drills, picking up speed along the way

Hopefully a good class in March ;)

And of course... always reading up on good pointers on this forum. :)

1. Get (and stay) fit and strong.

2. Shoot aggressively while seeing what I need to.

2. Make A in Production.

3. Make Master in SSP.

4. Shoot the regionals, Area 1 and 2 and the Nationals.

5. Shoot all matches to my potential (score at least at my classification percentage).

6. Learn to count :rolleyes:

Get a top 20 finish at The NV State IDPA match.

Make it to "A" in Limited and Production.

Shoot in at least 5 major matches and finish in the top 3 in my class/division at 2 of them.

My goals seem both understated and unattainable.... I guess that my number 1 goal is to figure out how good I am. :wacko:

Well I'm still trying to sort things out on this. I think I'll be shooting Production and SSP for most of the year- I'm giving a whirl at Single Stack/CDP for now with my G21SF- I'd like to get to 3 gun Expert in IDPA so once I get to Expert in CDP I'll switch back to my G34 for Production/SSP. EOY I'd like to get to A "level" shooting in Production and Master "level" in SSP. I emphasize level as I'm although I'd like to be classified as such- I want to be an A level shooter. I'm working the plan to get there but it will include:

Focus/work on movement, steel, solid long shots drills, picking up speed along the way

You focus too much on IDPA and not enough USPSA. Be the big fish in the big pond not the big fish in the little pond.

You focus too much on IDPA and not enough USPSA. Be the big fish in the big pond not the big fish in the little pond.

Ouch. I intend to shoot all the HSC USPSA and IDPA matches- so lots of good shooting. A blend of both is good.... it's the company I keep at practice that counts most. :cheers:

By the way I'm signed up for the three USPSA matches at AFS- how many are you going to? :rolleyes:

Edited by lugnut

To make B. I'm starting my second year, but that is my goal.

To make and help out setting up and taking down of every USPSA match at our club.

To come up with at leat six good stages this year that people say they really like.

With three little ones and the economy what it is, these are big goals, but doable if I play my cards right.

(Get a singlestack :ph34r: )

I have been very pleased with my progression via handgun, getting bumped to CDP expert (and beating local masters now) after only 1 year of competition.

But for 2009 I'd like to become proficient with rifle/shotgun.

And, shoot more uspsa (only one match sofar)

.....dang I liked that uspsa.

Shoot Area - 1 with Coolduckboy. And him shooting a REVOLVER !!!! :cheers::cheers::cheers:

Hop

You draw up a hard bargain but I would rather not this time, traveling 8-9 hours from home for a big match. I will stick with my STI lol. (even though i really want to say yes) :cheers:

I shot my first match in production (2006), but I am setting out to shoot production for atleast this season.

Make B in production (as of LAST (2007) season I was a C limited shooter).

I "feel" like I have psychologically taken a step in my patience and awareness and believe that B class is an obtainable challenge.

I would like to get started in some rifle stuff (need the shotty for 3 gun) and in general just me around shooting more.

Be dedicated to improving...B is the benchmark.

Phil

Edited by betterment

Number one: Perform better at major matches.

Physically learn to accelerate better through field courses

Return to the Nationals

Get My "A" open card and shoot like an A shooter.

Continue to run clean matches and improve hits along the way.