Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Titegroup?

Sarge

I know this horse has been beat to death. But the search works too good sometimes if you know what I mean. I want to load 124's(CMJ MG) in my 9Pro for minor. I know the fun part is to experiment and I intend to (within set bullet/powder combo's)

Can I just get some titegroup and be done with it? I understand it gets pretty hot but not too hot, dirty if loaded too light, smokes alot with lead(I do not intend to shoot lead in the near term).

The last time I took a recommendation on powder was 700X for trap years ago. It was great and shot an excellent pattern but it smelled like someone crapped a cigar and some shooters commented about that.

I just don't want to be that guy again.

Thanks

I use Titegroup for 9 minor and 40 minor/major, and 45 minor/major. it is a very versatile powder. my production load for 9 with a 147 is 3.3grs, for a very light steel load a simply put a 125 over the same powder charge, it functions in my glock, and SV 9mm.

For a 125pf load with a 125 gr bullet I would suggest starting at 4.0grs. the OAL of the round is max for a glock mag and still functions perfect in a 1911 platform, without spacers in the mags.

Trapr

124 precision delta FMJ

1.125" OAL

3.8gr titegroup

That got me 133-134 PF on two seperate checks with the chrono. Glock 34. And titegroup is only dirty under lead and moly bullets. Under an FMJ or JHP, it's no dirtier than UMC or WWB.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

I was running 4.0 gr. Titegroup, Berry's 124 gr. plated RN 9mm, 1.130" OAL, mixed brass, win primer = 130 PF or 1051 fps from 5" barrel M&P Pro. Casing is very sooty with gas blowby.

I'm now going to run 4.2 gr. Titegroup with the above bullet to push 134 PF or 1078 fps. Brass is pretty clean with this load and I don't notice any difference in recoil.

You are right. Titegroup is hot, but no too hot, smokes a ton with lead, and is dirty if loaded too light. But Titegroup is very economical (I buy it for $18.99 locally) and works great with non-lead bullets.

Edited by hartzpad

I was running 4.0 gr. Titegroup, Berry's 124 gr. plated RN 9mm, 1.130" OAL, mixed brass, win primer = 130 PF or 1051 fps from 5" barrel M&P Pro. Casing is very sooty with gas blowby.

I'm now going to run 4.2 gr. Titegroup with the above bullet to push 134 PF or 1078 fps. Brass is pretty clean with this load and I don't notice any difference in recoil.

You are right. Titegroup is hot, but no too hot, smokes a ton with lead, and is dirty if loaded too light. But Titegroup is very economical (I buy it for $18.99 locally) and works great with non-lead bullets.

I use the 4.2gr over 124 plated out of my sig 229 to make minor. It is over listed data, but I have found no problems with it.

• 2 weeks later...

I use the 4.2gr over 124 plated out of my sig 229 to make minor. It is over listed data, but I have found no problems with it.

I am running 4 grains of tite group under MG 124's in my sig 226 and it works well. I have a friend who lets me load on his 650 and luckily for me it is the same load he shoots in his SP01 so we dont have to change anything

I used it for a while and did not find the sootyness a problem. I stopped using it when I figured out my groups were anything but tight, my CZ just didn't like it. I also blame titegroup for premature breakage of the FO rod in my front sight. Haven't broken a rod since switching to N320 or Ramshot Comp.

I used it for a while and did not find the sootyness a problem. I stopped using it when I figured out my groups were anything but tight, my CZ just didn't like it. I also blame titegroup for premature breakage of the FO rod in my front sight. Haven't broken a rod since switching to N320 or Ramshot Comp.

OTOH, 4.2 grains of TG under a 125 grain Zero JHP shoots into 1.5" at 25 yards from my CZ-75B. Just goes to show that each gun is a law unto itself...

I agree, I shot my titegroup loads next to my then new N320 and older N340 loads, no comparison which were better. I judged the N320 and N340 to be equal in accuracy. The N320 having less percieved recoil. My CZ is a 18 year old pre-B, it is very loose but still shoots with 100% reliability and resonable accuracy.