Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

fully loaded mags falling out!

MSgt Dotson

After the 3rd or 4rth time of speed reload /2nd or 3rd mags falling out of my GLock after the next shot due to my failure to give the the Arrendondo equipped GLock 21 (17 rd!) or 35 mags (20 rd!) a full vigorous seat, ...

I highly recommend simply downloading them by...1 round!

(I still barney up at load and make ready, as there is plenty of time to ensure mag is fully seated prior to reholstering)

I got a new PARA 1640 and changed the mag release to one of those big button releases. The very first stage that I shot with the new gun, was a 4 target 8 round speed stage. My right thumb came off the safety and every time I shoot it, my left hand would press down my right thumb on the release and the mag would hit the ground. 4 mags on the ground and still needing one more round to complete the 8 round stage. Yes, it was a classifier.

Happened to me with my SS. Got lost in the stage and dropped the mag with 6 rnds and went on to totally screw it up.

Lesson learned the hard way on visualize until you have the stage run in your mind with no questions.

While at a IDPA match in Hot Springs while sitting in a car my magazine fell out onto the front seat. Cost me 6 seconds. I missed first place (in Markman's division) by three seconds. Only time it has happened.

I remember that stage. A buddy of mine pulled off a .09 split on the close pop-up target. His splits are always absurd, but that was basically a bump-fire. Too bad he pulled a 3. :D

I've seen a lot of guys learn the hard way that you can't push down on a Glock 34 during a table-start. I love being a lefty sometimes.

Ever seen anyone blow the grip, and rip the gun from the holster with a released magazine? Saw that from a fellow lefty at an indoor match. The mag slid about 40 feet across the concrete floor to the backstop. No way he was chasing that one down to avoid the procedural. :roflol:

• 3 weeks later...

once a year, I shoot a G30 in a semi official "bug" match (only real requirements are the barrel length). For two years straight, on my first stage, a tactical reload was required and I lost the mag after one bang due to a light magazine seating on my part. I WILL remember to fully insert next year. I wish that I could download to 9 but that would be against the rules.

I wonder if the G30 would fit in the box with a 13 round mag, ( it will if a G21 does) and that would solve the problem of the tight 10 round mags being hard to seat.

When i carry it, the back up mag is downloaded 1 to "guarantee" a bang!

Bang, click, F#%K!!!! I REALLY hate it when that happens, but it is a powerful teacher. I took $100 worth plus of extended mag buttons off my guns in one afternoon after shooting a match with a button installed. With stock length mag catches it hasn't happened to me since LOL. The real pisser was the gun that I shot in the match had a 40 cent washer installed as the extended button, the guns at the house had the spendy purpose built parts on them.

• 2 months later...

At least you were shooting!

Last month, on the very first stage walk-through...I spun around and my unzipped jacket caught a fully loaded mag juuuuuust right. Of course it found the only mud/water puddle! Great way to start the day!

I was shooting a local classifier match and on 06-03 I nailed the first string reload. It was a thing of beauty until the mag dropped out and hit the floor. I recovered and finished the string, laughing it off. :blush:

Then I did it again on the next string. Two mags on the ground in one stage. :angry:

Yeah, download mags on classifiers. I get it...now.

Sean