Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Economy and a purchase

zhunter

I hate that the economy has had a bearing in my purchasing decision of a new camera. When push came to shove, I just decided to, in a best case scenario, put it off rather than buying now.

I had done all of the research and asked the questions that needed to be asked!!!!

Oh well :angry2:

I can always get more money, I am reasonably intelligent, talented and willing to work. I am more worried that the value of the money I do have is going to continue to decline. Having money is good, but if it loses value it might be better to have product or something else that won't be devalued over time. I am having a hard time figuring out what the cash to other holdings ratio should be for my long term financial health with the uncertain economy.

I can always get more money, I am reasonably intelligent, talented and willing to work. I am more worried that the value of the money I do have is going to continue to decline. Having money is good, but if it loses value it might be better to have product or something else that won't be devalued over time. I am having a hard time figuring out what the cash to other holdings ratio should be for my long term financial health with the uncertain economy.

I struggle with this all the time. For now I try to keep 30% of my worth in cash/CDs. We also have to remember that purchases of goods and services will speed the economic recovery as well. This is mostly about perceptions and a lack of consumer confidence based upon what the media is feeding us every day.

We also have to remember that purchases of goods and services will speed the economic recovery as well.

I think I am currently helping the firearms industry to recover.

This is mostly about perceptions and a lack of consumer confidence based upon what the media is feeding us every day.

+1

Food, ammo & guns.

Wrong order. Guns, ammo, then food and water.

Guns & ammo you can defend what you got.

If push comes to shove, with guns and ammo, you can always get food and water from the folks who don't "believe" in guns.... :surprise:

Ha hah... this reminds of Y2K a bit... folks were asking (being a computer guy) if I was concerned, etc. I kept saying No, but you might get an extra gas bill. Then they'd inevitably ask if I was stock piling food, or had gotten a generator - because, of course, they were setting things aside and building a little stockpile, etc. I'd say, no, not doing any of that. They'd ask "what if something bad happens"? I'd say... If something bad happens, I have guns and ammo - and you just told me where I can get food and water. The look on their faces was always priceless ;)

Edited by XRe

Food, ammo & guns.

If push comes to shove, with guns and ammo, you can always get food and water from the folks who don't "believe" in guns.... :surprise:

Ha hah... this reminds of Y2K a bit... folks were asking (being a computer guy) if I was concerned, etc. I kept saying No, but you might get an extra gas bill. Then they'd inevitably ask if I was stock piling food, or had gotten a generator - because, of course, they were setting things aside and building a little stockpile, etc. I'd say, no, not doing any of that. They'd ask "what if something bad happens"? I'd say... If something bad happens, I have guns and ammo - and you just told me where I can get food and water. The look on their faces was always priceless ;)

Water then food.

You can live a lot longer without food than water. ;)

FM

>>If push comes to shove, with guns and ammo, you can always get food and water from the folks who don't "believe" in guns....<<

Unless you think they don't, but they do believe.

Or they have friends that do.

Edited by rgkeller

Food, ammo & guns.

This will have me giggling for a LOOONG time! That is classic. :cheers:

Food, ammo & guns.

This will have me giggling for a LOOONG time! That is classic. :cheers:

Me too

"Practically" Bruce? :lol: But we all know you Puget Soundians would die on water alone so y'all best be putting "coffee beans" on that list. What...2lbs per person per day be about right? :D