Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JP Enterprises Rocky Mountain 3-Gun 2009

I'm afraid it might be a little Altitude Sickness.

When my family moved to Colorado...let's just say a long time ago, I used to get really sick after a lot of physical exertion, especially if I was in the mountains.

It kind of makes you feel like you have the flu, sick to stomach, achy!!! :wacko:

Drink lots of fluids. Oh wait, make that water, the fluids some of you drink won't help!

Water really does help a lot!

Take care! And glad you had fun and didn't feel sick until it was time to go to work! :roflol:

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks.

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone involved, including the shooters. I was fortunate enough to work 6 with Dave M. and Kevin C. "our" Marine. It is truely an honor to be able to run some of the finest folks in the world (3gunners) through a world class stage. Meeting you, and making new friends each year is what makes it all worth while.

John and all the sponsors were overwhelming with their support(I got a JP lower for my next build :D ) and the work done by JJ, Denise and all the staff is incredable. (John, I will wear that pin on my hat with pride. Thanks again!)

I was wondering about how many average rds. each shooter shot, multiplied by 224 shooters, and what the antis would think about it. :angry::roflol:

It was good to see everyone. My thanks to Rio Salado, (esp. "Ice Cream Howard") for the keg and that gas powered margaita maker. :cheers:

I hope everyone liked stage 6, and hope to see you all again next year.

and Ty....................................................IF you are finished :ph34r:

I just had to add yet again another HUGE thanks to JJ and Denise. I can only begin to imagine the huge amount of effort that went into this event. Even with my little "incident" on stage 2, I still had the match of a lifetime. I want to again thank ALL of the RO's for their incredible dilligence and professionalism. The emotions during the prize ceremony could only be described by saying, "you had to be there." SFC Johnson is a man among men... and that's coming from a Marine. Daniel Horner shoots stages faster than I could dry fire them and still manages to call me Sir, wow! Had a great time BS'ing with Kevin, the swollen Marine that RO'd stage 6. The Rio Bowling team are a great bunch of guys and I'll see you all at the Desert Classic. Squad 10 freakin rocked, we had the top junior shooter and both my brothers finished top 15 in Tac Scope. The sponsors.... well I'm putting together a list of stuff to buy from all that I can afford, they deserve it to say the least. Thanks to Trijicon for the scope I won in the raffle :cheers: . I had an awesome time helping RO stage 8, the "seasoned" Sierra team shooters should be watched closely... they're sneaky, lol. All of the awesome people I met were so hugely supportive that I really didn't feel worthy. And finally, Jim and Nancy from Firebird are such great people that I now feel the need to be their personal spokesperson and twist the arms of anyone I talk to into buying from them. Thanks again to everyone, hope to see you all again soon. I'm working in Denver for a while and have plenty of ammo left to look for some local matches, lol.

Thanks,

J.T.

I had an awesome time helping RO stage 8, the "seasoned" Sierra team shooters should be watched closely... they're sneaky, lol.

Thanks for helping out on 8 so I could go lay out the prize table, which BTW was AWESOME! I look forward to having you RO with us next year if you can, so you can watch those "seasoned" shooters.

I was a shocked to see the FFL transfers were $60 on a $120 item?????????????

To me, this is an ridiculously astronomical price and should have been way lower-if there were some 30 FFl items to transfer do the match at $60 per transfer.

I just feel bad for the guys that have never won a FFL item, and will most likely will be charged again at their FFL again for the transfer-SO, $60+$20=$80 on a 120 item, if that??.

You can say that again!! I was tickled to death to win my first gun at a match and then have to pay $60 to get it transfered about floored me!! Don't get me wrong, I would have probably paid double that to take home my first gun, but I did think it was a little steep. I was also a little suprised and shocked at the guys attitude doing the transfers <_< . You'd think for as much money as he was rakeing in, he would have been a little more customer oriented. Just saying.

Adios,

TG

Edited by tgibson

This being my first RM3G, I really didn't know what to expect....I said it about a thousand times after the first day though. If I would have known this is what the match was going to be like, I wouldn't have shot my pistol or shotgun for the last three months, devoting all my shooting time to my rifle, and I would have brought about 500 68gr bullets and NOTHING else!! I guess every match has something they are "known" for, and in my opinion, this one should be known for rifle shooting!! As this is usually my worst area, I am really happy with my finish. I was able to make up for some of my bad rifle stages with some good pistol/shotgun stages. It was a great time.

Did I say that I had a great time? I had a killer squad and got to shoot with some folks I hadn't met before and really enjoyed myself.

Thanks so much to all of the staff who did an outstanding job. That is a lot of hard work, and without all of you we wouldn't get to have so much fun!!

I'd also like to say thanks to all of the folks that take such good care of me. The great folks at Leupold, Todd and Dean at PWS (love the Red Rocket!! Dont' say a word Craig :goof: ), Tom at ESE for getting me squared away with shotgun ammo and a SMOOOTH shotgun trigger job, Vince at Scott at ESS, Dave over at Warne Scope Mounts, Rick at Center of Mass for great holsters and mag pouches, Glen at Eberlestock for a great pack to haul my gear, and Sheepdog Ammo for straight shooting rifle ammo (550y bonus target on the third round!!). Last but not least I have to thank the old timer for letting me use his sponsored shooting slot. Thanks dad. The only thing that could have made this match any better is if you were there with me.

Adios,

TG

Wayne, stage 6 was probably the coolest stage to watch, We were watching our first shooter engage the pistol targets and then he just disappeared into what was thought to be a flat opening in the hillside, that was a very neat stage to shoot.

Stage 7 was also a cool stage although having to clear 12 to 15 unfired rounds from my rifle just to finish the stage was not!!!!

Stage 8 was another fun stage although the 400+ target with the sun in your eyes and the wind was not, everything else about it was very good.

Stage 1, what can I say nice about it........................................................................................

..........................................................................................

............................................. for iron sight shooters, all you have to do is look at the times posted, the stage had a 300 second max time and I believe 6 shooters were below that time for all the iron sight shooters. it was rough!!!!!

Stage 2 was fun, technical, hand cramping, and aggravating all at the same time, whoever decided to use the black side of the rabbit for the second thrower needs a good old fashioned whuppin'!!!!

Stage 3, was a bit over the top for many that I spoke with, but it was a well though out stage with just a bit too much for the average competitor, I was glad to not have it raining because the last rifle positions would have been very ugly.

Stage 4 was another very well though out stage, that was technical and fun.

Stage 5 was just as much fun as 4 but used all 3 guns, it was technical, fun, exhausting, exasperating for some and the only stage I was able to walk away from happy about.

All in all, Scout was happy to see old friends and make new ones, I was happy he was well enough to make the trip, and as always have thoroughly enjoyed myself, and been impressed by the fellow shooters that we have in this sport.

My squad mates were fun, mischievous, informative, and very tolerating considering they had to put up with Kurt, myself and Bob Novak.

Trapr

Edited by bigbrowndog

What an AWESOME match !!! With this as my (Slug Slayer) first 3gun match, I have to say it's going to be hard for anything else to measure up. The bar has been set extremely high.

Having been match directors in a prior life in another shooting discipline, our hats are off to JJ and Denise for a very well run match. GREAT JOB ! ! ! ! Also, my hat is off to all the RO's, thanks to each and everyone of you for involvement in making this match TOTALLY AWESOME.

The stages were challenging, just the way we like 'em. I now know some things I will have to incorporate into my practice sessions (SS). One of them being - turning off the safety, yeah, thanks for the commentary on stage 4 Ken :wacko:

A huge THANKS and a big round of standing ovation for all the sponsors. How incredible is the support shown for this sport!!! It really tops anything I've ever seen in my 8 years of shooting competitively. You guys ROCK!!! :cheers:

Special thanks goes out to Valdada for donating the scope we won in Friday night's raffle drawing.

Special thanks goes out to JP Enterprise for donating the scope mount we won in Friday night's raffle drawing.

AND a HUGELY SPECIAL THANKS goes out to FIREBIRD PRECISION for donating the totally freaking awesome AR we won at Friday night's raffle drawing :surprise::surprise:

post-16318-1249997227_thumb.jpgJim, Nanci, and Randy - Your generosity is unsurpassed. I'm extremely blessed to call you my friends.

Squad 2 was absolutely the BEST. Thanks to all of you for your contribution to the fun factor.

Sincerely,

Slug Slayer and Space Cowboy

Back in Minnesota. What a great trip for the wife and I, and what a great match.

Even with equipment problems, this has to be one of the most memorable matches I have been to. Squad #8 was the best. I learned a lot from each of the shooters. It is fun to be on a squad where no one is shy about working.

The shooters - The awards ceremony says it all about shooters in my opinion. As a group of people, they can't be beat.

The RO's - what can you say, they are not right in the head. Why you do what you do is still a mystery to me, but thank you to all. I never ran into a bad mood the whole match. I do want to know who carried all of those targets up the mountain though.

The Sponsors - without them there would be no matches. My money is going to the many people who support the sport. For my birthday present, I think I have my wife talked into one of those nice JP Enterprises CTR-02 rifles. :cheers:

Denise and JJ - A thousand tongues couldn't express the thanks for such a great match. My wife and I are already looking forward to next year.

The NRA Whittington Center and staff. My hat is off to you. What a great place.

The NRA - Thanks for supporting the "Outlaws" of the shooting sports. It is nice to see you there beside us.

The stages were challenging, just the way we like 'em. I now know some things I will have to incorporate into my practice sessions (SS). One of them being - turning off the safety, yeah, thanks for the commentary on stage 4 Ken :wacko:

Moi..? Say it ain't so! :roflol:

This was an incredible match! Unbelievable scenery, great staff, and the hardest rifle shots I have ever seen. Please don't change a thing.

Huge thanks to the MDs, ROs, and staff. Your hard work is very appreciated.

Thanks to the sponsors! Without you guys it wouldn't be the same.

Another thanks to Darren at Tactical Machining for the badass M4 I selected off the table.

Also, big thank you to Firebird for sending me a barrel in time for this match. It made Stage 1 a breeze.

Lastly, thanks to everyone for the donations to the Wounded Warrior Project and the equipment donations to James. The shooters involved in 3Gun are remarkable.

Kalani

Denise and JJ, thank you for a wonderful match. I shot crappy yet never broke smile. I can only claim uforia took over. I can honestly say this is the first match that every single RO was positive, cheerful, and helpful in all respects. Even when we tried to piss one off at stage 1, all he did was yell at us while laughing the hole time. I cannot think of any other match that has had such an enjoyable group running it. And that's the people that gave me more penalties than I have ever had. I don't know if the Casanova brothers are considered RO,s but those guy's seem to do the most thankless jobs and I never saw them with anything but an ear to ear grin.

Thank you all so much for all your hard work.

The sponsors are unbeleavable. Thank you to all for so much more than we could ever expect. Your generosity is humbling.

And speaking of generosity, to the shooters and ROs that contributed, I cannot thank you enough for you donations to help with James Gill. I had the pleasure of shooting with him and to see someone who has given so much for all of us get something back really did affect me. For the Jim, Nancy, and Robbie, I bow to you, I am thankful to Benny/Triangle Shooing Sports and will stay on his butt to get it done, and Craig, you da man.

I watched this guy burn down stage 8 and all he said was that he was happy he did not break his leg so he could finish the match. You talk about a no quit attitude, at one time he said if he had to, he would hop to the finish since he was pretty good at that. And never a "poor pitiful me" attitude or comment of any kind. I think he is a prime example of why our country has stood the test of time. You cannot kill the spirit no matter what you do to the body. It reinforced my pride in being an American.

Sorry I am long winded but I wanted to get all that out. I will try to get someone to help me post the video of James on stage 8 so you can all see.

Thank you all so much. I will return.

Ty

You are so right!

The Casanovas are the rangemasters and they spent the day trying to keep us all running along smoothly!

It is a thankless job, but they are the best!!!! :cheers:

And just great people as well. You all that didn't have the pleasure of working with this crew really missed out. If all of my guns broke the day before we leave next year, I would still go work it just to be around these fine folks for a week. It was a real experience, even putting up with "Big Ugly" :)

please do not interpret this as an offer to place the flash targets on the side of the cliffs :)

m

please do not interpret this as an offer to place the flash targets on the side of the cliffs :)

m

We don't take offers, we vote, you're doing it!

The bonus on 1 was probably the hardest, but we got to within 200 yards on the ATV, then packed it up the rest of the way. Packing them up really makes you want to hit them when you are shooting, so we don't want to deprive you of the opportunity. And thanks again to you OK ROs for the help with the "mini squad." :D

If your guns all break, I'm sure we can find you some, and some buckshot too.

Edited by MarkCO

Travis,

Thanks I had completely forgot about the "Red Rocket" until you mentioned it.

For everyone else click on the attached link at your own risk....its a South Park episode that got brought up when Travis showed us his new "gun" :surprise:

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/74977

How in the heck am I ever supposed to shoot that gun again. Thanks alot Craig. As soon as I get home, I am running that thing through the ironworker and cutting it into a thousand little pieces :P

Adios,

TG