Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

August

benos

Okay all, sorry for the delay, but, my trivia-brain is just dried up...

The other day, when I was at Dillon, Nyle and I blew up this pic and had a blast naming all the 'ol timers we could identify. It's quite the crowd.

So - admittedly 'ol timers will have the advantage, especially those from AZ - your task, should you decide to accept it, is to identify as many individuals as you can in this pic. (It's from the 84 Nationals shootoff in Phoenix.) And since the two super-cool dudes battling it out are obviously the coolest dudes there, you can start your tally without including them.

(Sorry about the page blow out, but at 600 pix wide, it was just too small.)

;)

Here's a web web page with a high res file that you can examine on the comfort of your own web browser. (So this page won't take so long to load everytime those poor dial-up users log on.)

Have fun!

be

84nats72.jpg

Ok, I think I see Micky Fowler in the audience, Mike Dalton behind on of the cool dudes, who are shooting cast bullets with lots of lube, on the right I see Bill Wilson and Mike Plaxco. I am going to look harder, and might find one or two more

Mike

{Loudspeaker ON}

"Uh.. you on the berm.....yes you sir......please get off the berm....yes you sir....the one WITHOUT a hat on....yes...off the berm sir ..please....thankyou.."

{Loudspeaker OFF}

Cool pic Brian. What the story behind the knee brace on Roberto? Basketball?

I think I see Chip McCormik 3 times, and Jim Scouten once (Black cowboy hat on left)! Dang everyone from the early 80's looks the same! :P

Okay, just to make it easy for me, from this point on please list your names in a column, like -

Brian Enos

Rob Leatham

And just who is that clueless fella on the berm? Oh wait, isn't he a WF R.O?

;)

No, the smiley face isn't a person...

be

We need some ol timers on this thread - they could have a blast with it!

Wild ass guesses just for fun:

Big, er Little Joni - In the front row (total guess)

Nyle Leatham - Off to the right with the Hasselblad-looking camera.

John Goodman - standing on the berm.

I just love Robbie's leg brace - it gives him that badass Snake Pliskin look. Must have been super-intimidating back in the Paleolithic era.... :P

Sheeit... and I thought I had a big knee brace! :blink:

Don't think I'd want to be bludgeoned by either his brace or mine.

Oh, and since I was three years old for most of 1984, I think I'm going to have to pass. :P

Well, I was there for that one. Even in the crowd for this shot, only on the right of Benos.

Mickey Fowler

J. Michael Plaxco

Mike Fitchman

I agree, I think it is Big Joni

I can't make out Dalton, although he was there I am sure

Tommy Campbell with the fatigue hat

Chip McCormick next to the camera guy who is on a chair.

Man, check out that real LEATHER, by Gordon Davis, no less. I'll get the old gang together here at the house and go over the photo with a glass. I should have a leg up on this one, I have 4 buds who were there, but it has been 19 yrs ago, and I now have Old Timers disease.

BE, I think you should "make" people say where in the photo they see each person. It's too easy to just start shouting out every "name shooter" from back then, and chances are they were there somewhere, even if you don't see them. :P

BrianH,

I thought about that, but then when I considered the "laborious factor" and the "integrity factor" for those posting, I felt just a list would be cool. After all, who'd try to get one past these savvy posters here?

;)

And nice list Fossil!

be

A few of my own, after a brief glance...

Bill Wilson

Mickey Fowler

Mike Dalton

Mike Fichman

Tommy Campbell

Mike Plaxco

And Mike Plaxco’s friend, Alex, (one of the toughest men alive, if he still is).

Chip Mc Cormick

Rick Castelow

John Sayle

Jake Jatrus

That’s Rosey up on the berm…

bigJoni

Michele Enos

Lynn and Bob Looker

Terry Allison

Mike Morris

Lee Souter

Ross Carter

A good friend of Frank Glenn’s with a Dillon hat on who’s name I can’t remember at the moment.

Char Leatham

Diane Lamb

I was thinking j1b might have hopped on this one, or some more ol' timers...

;)

Looks like Fossil (love the name) is this month's winner. Send me your shipping info in an emial/PM and I'll fire you off a book right away.

Thanks!

be

be,

Please point out Alex, please. I think I see J. Michael behind Tommy.

I'd love to see Alex again, that nut! Pink lemonade and battery

operated waterguns filled with ice water. God I miss the old days!

It's too serious now. We need laser tag. :D

He's right to the left of Robbie's right shoulder, right between my daughter, Joni, and (I think that's) Yvonne Plaxco's face, just to his left.

be

I guessed I missed Yvonne, and now I can't remember - what was Plaxco's son named?

thanks be.

geeze, he's right there in the middle! No wonder I can't hit the target anymore... I'm blind.

J. Michael's son's name is Jason. He took most oh the photo's in Plaxco's book.

9x