Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Carbine using Glock 17-9mm mags?

Aircooled6racer

The Mech Tech upper for the Glock 17 works great. It takes all the 9mm mags and I even run a 31 round Glock mag with a Taylorfreelance +10. In my experience, it runs better in matches than "most" of the local AR based 9mm's. I run an old ProPoint, but my friends are using a cheap BSA dot with good success. It is not a "fire arm" so it can be mail ordered.

KelTec, isn't pretty but they're cheap and take glock mags. last time i seen them they were around 330$

I have one too. They're really a pretty neat little gun. It would be pretty hard to mount a scope, though. But, I put one of these on it to replace that crappy front sight: http://www.blueforcegear.com/products.cfm?cat=3 It really is an improvement to the gun.

BTW, I love how the gun folds up and fits in a daypack, or under a pickup seat, or wherever! :cheers:

Hello: Thanks for the great info. There are couple of guys here thinking of getting one as well. Right now I am trying to find some 33 round Glock mags (G18?). If antone has any or knows where to find some in stock let me know. Keep the info coming. Thanks, Eric

I've had 9mm Mechtech for a couple years now. The first one I had did not work. After sending it back, Mechtech sent me a new upper. This gun also did not work. I would only fire one round and the trigger would not reset. At that point, I made my own modification and the gun now runs 100%. I sent the info of my modification to Mechtech and I believe they have since fixed the issues they were having.

It is a great shooter now. It is very accurate.

Here is a link to the gun in action. Even my 9 year old kicks butt with it.

I love my Mech Tech. It works! Won a few matches with it and engaged targets out to 200 yards.... I was a little funny though.... Bang.................clang Seems like it took 2 sec to make it down there. Mine works nest with 147gn.

Heres a pic.

glockcarbine.jpg

It's been in the safe now for a while. I now use a RRA AR-9MM Love it even more.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello: Guys I am looking at replacing the original stock on the Mech Tech. What are you guys using on your Mech Techs? I have seen the 4 position stock they sell on a friends Mech Tech. Is there anything better out there? I can fab anything to make it fit just need to know what works well on these? Thanks, Eric

Hello: I saw that one but it must be a little hard on your cheek with the steel flat bar. I used some 1/2" foam pipe insulation to stop from cutting my cheek. It also cut down on the booooong noise :roflol: I'll post a pic as soon as I can. The Mech Tech ran perfectly at the Texas Carbine match :cheers: The only problem I had was that the scope mounts were too low. Thanks, Eric

I've got an Olympic Arms 9mm that takes Glock mags. Runs great, never had a jam.

+1. I shot that model and its really nice.

I have the standard OA 9mm upper that uses Sten mags and love it too. OA's best stuff is its pistol caliber AR's IMO.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello: I added some extra high detachable Warne rings to the Weaver V3 scope and the height it correct for me now. We have a local Carbine match that I will try the setup with. I ordered some more 33 round mags that will hopefully come next month. Next thing I might try is a comp but not sure it will do much. It will look cool though :cheers: I appreciate all the info and will pass it on to others in our club. Shooting 9mm costs alot less than 223 and some of the local guys are looking into 9mm Carbines. Thanks, Eric