Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My New 9 major open

ormondopen

Gary just sent me pictures, he has a few final touches to do but it's done. I sent him a box of parts and a sketch one week ago today.

you know Ray I can't let you one up me. :cheers:

by the way I talked to Gary and he will hardchrome my other gun tuesday. thanks!

post-11093-1229270754_thumb.jpg

Edited by ormondopen

Gary is probably the best machinist in the business, and does some extremely cool stuff on time and on budget. I am surprised he doesn't get more of the 'mainstream' IPSC shooting business.

From what I see here... I would agree...... beauty

How much does the barrel hole foul the cmore lens?

the gun in my avatar I get some fouling but I just wipe it clean after every stage, no big deal. the new gun I had Gary move the barry mount back .375 and I only have 1 barrel port so I don't have any issue on this one. I am going to try the arredondo mount w/ JPoint on this gun and see if I like it.

post-11093-1229516342_thumb.jpg

Edited by ormondopen

Gary is probably the best machinist in the business, and does some extremely cool stuff on time and on budget. I am surprised he doesn't get more of the 'mainstream' IPSC shooting business.

I totally agree. :cheers:

Edited by ormondopen

I agree, he converted my .38SC to 9major, lightened the slide, did some trigger work all for a very reasonable price and turned it around in little over a week. Gary is the man. :cheers:

Very nice looking gun. I've already got an estimate from Gary to do my open top end. Prices are more than reasonable and he has provided some good solutions that allow me to use the parts I already have. I'm looking forward to sending my stuff off to him soon.

I have had several requests for a picture with the jpoint installed so here it is. thanks to all for the compliments. :cheers:

my shortie load is as follows:

8.5gr HS6

125JHP Zero

1.175 OAL

WSR Primer

R&P Once fired

168pf-170pf

The load I use for my 5" made PF by a few points but I find the HS6 works better in the shortie. Not sure if I will be switching to HS6 all together, I plan on working on a Silhouette load for comparision. After a search here most prefer Silhouette over HS6. The dot never left the lens of the jpoint w/ the HS6, just a little wiggle up then back to zero.

my standard 5" load thru the shortie:

7.8gr True Blue

125JHP Zero

1.175 OAL

WSR Primer

Winchester Once fired

166pf-167pf

post-11093-1230081474_thumb.jpg

Edited by ormondopen

• 1 month later...
Did you have to use the spacer that came with the mount?

Does the mount centers your jpoint directly in line with the barrel(centerline)or do you have deviations?

I want one for my docter.

Cheers

the spacer is for a standard width frame so yes I am using it. no deviations, centered.

• 7 months later...