Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2009 Area VI Championships April 17-19

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

next time I might have a hat cam to catch the action. Blake Miguez, Manny, Max, Travis, Dave and Todd all turned in jaw-dropping runs.

Great idea Mark!

More and more shooters are trying hat-cams (from Nolan Smyth to Saul Kirsch and everyone in-between) but I never thought of an RO strapping one on at an Area match to catch the GM's runs. ;)

Would you need a signed release for that! :ph34r::roflol:

I don't know....

If I wasn't selling the video, I can't see where it would hurt.

Now, if I caught you doing something really funny, I'd let you bribe me not to give it away!

Just got home and got everything unloaded. It was an awesome match! The stages where a great mix of technical and speed and probably one of the most interesting matches I've shot. I got to meet forum people that I talk to a lot and some that it didn't hit me where them until I got home <_< Most of my squad finished top 10 in their respective division and a couple where smoking fast!

I had a great time at the match. All the stages were well designed and challenging. There were no hose fests out there at all. My favorite was Stage 1 Field of Steel 2 designed by Peter Oliver. There must have been at least a half dozen different ways to shoot that stage and I saw many of them. A special kudo to the RO's on that stage. They were trucking up and down a fairly steep slope for two days. :cheers:

My thanks to everyone who made this match such a success including the cheerful staff, hard working RO's, match officials, vendors, stage designers and builders and of couse the 334 combatants. :bow: I don't think I heard anyone with a major complaint all weekend.

Best match I have ever shot! Had a great time and was able to put some faces to forum names. Corey, I can't thank you enough for wielding the video camera and getting Susan's runs. She won Open D Class and I am so proud of her I am still smiling like a jack-ass eating briars. Her first major and she took home the gold!!! I didn't shoot so well, the consistency wasn't there. Got some stupid foot faults for sliding to a halt OUTSIDE the box, shot a pair of "no-shoots", and had a couple "mikes". NOT the way to win and Area match in B Limited! I still had a great time.

Thanks to all the staff and those behind the scenes that made this happen. You guys did a great job. I love living in Area 6!!!

Oh yeah, and to Squad 22 :cheers::cheers::cheers:

Bobby,

It was a great squad. Great folks, a couple of new BE'ers met and a lot of shootin' ..... Could have been better on my part but I still wouldn't have missed it for anything.

To Cindy and everyone involved, thanks for putting on such a great match. I'm looking forward to next year already.

:cheers::cheers::cheers:

dj

OBTW, Bobby's wife makes a fine cookie!!!!!!

dj

Thanks to the entire crew of Area 6. It was a great match. I drove 8 hours from Cinci to make it and my car broke down on the way but it was still worth it. I had some real problems this year with sights that didn't want to stay on my pistol so my results are less than expected. I will be back next year and this time I will have my 9L. I know the crew is getting a little burned out but this is a great match and a great venue so for what it is worth I would love to see ya'll keep going.

Bobby, no problem, wish I could have shot one stage the way I did the rest of the match but it was good to get to meet you and others from the forum.

Corey, I second what Bobby said... thanks for being my personal camera crew! It was great to finally meet you! :)

I had a fantastic time at Area 6... This was my 1st match beyond the Club Level, but it certainly won't be my last! Shot on Squad #1 with Kay & Jerry Miculek, Chris Patty, Corey Estill, Clint Upchurch and several other GREAT shooters! The match crew did a fantastic job and I'm looking forward to the 2010 match!

Best match I have ever shot! Had a great time and was able to put some faces to forum names. Corey, I can't thank you enough for wielding the video camera and getting Susan's runs. She won Open D Class and I am so proud of her I am still smiling like a jack-ass eating briars. Her first major and she took home the gold!!! I didn't shoot so well, the consistency wasn't there. Got some stupid foot faults for sliding to a halt OUTSIDE the box, shot a pair of "no-shoots", and had a couple "mikes". NOT the way to win and Area match in B Limited! I still had a great time.

Thanks to all the staff and those behind the scenes that made this happen. You guys did a great job. I love living in Area 6!!!

Cool....awesome job to Susan! Wish I could say the same. Lost my class by less than 1 percent. Guess I'll have to find another way to get a nationals slot! Awesome match though. Definately opened my eyes a bit as far as competing at Major's goes. Now that I've got the first one down i'm ready to start fighting my way up the ladder at more.

Great job to everyone involved in bringing us such a great match. Looking forward to taking at least B class next year! Maybe I'll just shoot limited so I can take you down Bobby. ;)

Another great match in the history books. Thanks to all the match staff, you did a wonderful job. Our squad ran very smoothly through all 12 stages and the weather was amazing. It was a small miracle that I even got to shoot (thanks Cindy!).

I shot a decent match and felt good about every stage except the one I "zeroed". Not that I felt good about all the results, it's just that I saw everything and knew what was happening and why. I just shot stage 8 (Men in black) too fast for my current level of focus, being tired after lunch. I shot it at a cadence that would have been fine for my normal "sharp" level of focus...big mistake. I should have just called each and every shot no matter how slow it seemed to me at the time.

One thing I was reflecting on during the long drive home was how things in USPSA have evolved over the years. The people who you see at the matches; some who you've seen for years and some who you just don't see any more. The skill level of the shooters (speed and accuracy) and how some of the winners faces have changed and some haven't. Also, the gamesmanship that I saw so much in my earlier years of shooting I just don't see that much any more. I'm not judging any of this as good or bad, just reflecting on what I've seen over the years...

It was good to see everyone on the range and thanks again to the Area 6 staff for a great match!

I had a fantastic time at Area 6... This was my 1st match beyond the Club Level, but it certainly won't be my last! Shot on Squad #1 with Kay & Jerry Miculek, Chris Patty, Corey Estill, Clint Upchurch and several other GREAT shooters! The match crew did a fantastic job and I'm looking forward to the 2010 match!

My name doesn't deserve to be mentioned with that group lol, but thanks. Clint was SMOOOOOKING with that dot gun!

First I want to thank the RO staff....great bunch! Next the people that designed and set-up the stages, awesome. We had a great time and are looking forward to next year.

Field of steel was not my best stage but was my favorite.

I learned that I am too old and out of shape to shoot twelve stages in one day. We started at 8:00 am. and finished at 7:20 pm. on my last stage I shot a no shoot that was turned sideways and saw the hit. I couldn't believe I hit it at ten feet! So I shot it again and said I don't shoot like that...be darn if I didn't shoot it the third time before moving on. (Yep, a slow learner) (28 "A's", 2 "C's" a host {3} No-Shoots and two procedures for foot fault. :angry2:

I must have messed up on my math a bit too. I was shooting 184.6 power factor loads that I thought were 173. I need the book USPSA for Dummy's.

Had a great time and thanks again to the Range staff.

Buddy

Edited by buddy_fuentes

First of all thanks to the Range staff, RO, CRO and others. Great work and to mother nature for not dumping the rain on us on Sunday. :cheers:

Over all very pleased with my performance shot on Squad 24 and saw some amazing runs by those on our squad. A revlover shooter getting 7 that's right 7 shots off on don't blink (Static paper - PP1 - reload - drop out and pop up) in 5.38 - cost me dinner but well worth the show. Saw a production gunner Burn down off with you hand in 11 seconds. that one was 6 paper and a star through a port with the support hand holding a rope to keep the port open. Other amazing shots and runs recorded but those really stand out. From last year I improved tremendously. I had three mikes on Men in Black and a NS on "Norma" but other than that I really had a good match point wise. Need to work on the mental aspect a lot more and stage break down. Learned a lot and put a lot of the skills together that I have been working on but still A LOT to work on. but next year I'll be gunning for a SS A class win.

Overall

202 A's

6 B's

41 C's

7 D's

3 M's

1 - NS.