Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fast Food

KGentry

Everyone can agree on this one! You pull up to the drive through window - make your order - get the food - drive the X amount of miles back home. Pull up in front of the TV and break out the bad for you but tastes so good fast food!! HUH!!! They forgot my D*mm fries!! HUH!! They forgot the apple pie!! HUH they forgot the straws!!!

Even worse - when you go back (if you do) they ask you - do you have a receipt - opps it is in the bad I left at home!! D*mm!!!!!! You know what - their prices are almost the same as some decent sit down restaurants now!! This is insane - I hate this!!!

try ordering diet coke, you'll get regular coke about half the time. I always check my order before dring off. You always get screwed at the drive through.

More fast food hates, Three super sized fries, 2 packs of ketchup,

four super chedder 1/4lb melts, 1 napkin.

:roflol::roflol: This is cracking me up!

What I love is when I have gotten someone else's order and it's better than what I ordered. :cheers:

(Happened last week)

Or the extra $20.00 that I got at a drive through in Texas that I didn't notice (folded up with my reciept) until I got gas in Oklahoma!

Unfortunately, most of my experience has been the same as yours except two weeks ago when I called on some drunks at the Carl's Jr. drive-thru. CHP had them on the side of the road by the time I was served my order. :ph34r:

JZ

<pesci>

Ok, Ok, Okokokok.... Theeeeeyyyyyyyy f*** you at the drive through!

</pesci>

eta: I can't believe I forgot the "Ok, Ok, okokokokok...." :D

Edited by XRe

Here is the latest one - I went to a local Mexican Fast Food Place - not taco hell - I am in the drive through (at the window). I happened to be watching the guy making my order when he drops his towel on the floor - I am thinking - he is not going to pick that up is he? Sure enough the dumb A** picks up the towel wipes the food prep area with it and blows his nose on it! No Sh*t!!! He then finishes putting my order together and hands it to the girl to give to me!

I will not say the words I used to express myself when she tried to give me the order!! The manager comes out and tries to give me the food for free! Are these people all from the retarded school of single wides!!! Nothing against single wides but at least get the double wide one :P

Here is the latest one - I went to a local Mexican Fast Food Place - not taco hell - I am in the drive through (at the window). I happened to be watching the guy making my order when he drops his towel on the floor - I am thinking - he is not going to pick that up is he? Sure enough the dumb A** picks up the towel wipes the food prep area with it and blows his nose on it! No Sh*t!!! He then finishes putting my order together and hands it to the girl to give to me!

I will not say the words I used to express myself when she tried to give me the order!! The manager comes out and tries to give me the food for free! Are these people all from the retarded school of single wides!!! Nothing against single wides but at least get the double wide one :P

Come on now... I am trying to enjoy my coffee..... :roflol: that is just awful. :sick:

I like how they try to give you something for free to make it all go away ........... <_<

A few weeks ago I went to a drive-thru and ordered something that obviously wasnt ready, so they told me to pull up and wait 3 or 4 minutes. Well after 20 minutes they finally brought my food out to me, and when I asked nicely for some dipping sauce for the chicken nuggets, the kid said "Oh you're killing me here" and I went off on him.

The manager sent me a little card for a free meal ......... like I'm gonna come back for some more of the same ??? :huh:

My sister, her husband, and myself were driving back home from her wedding in SC. We stopped at a fast food place for lunch, using the drive thru. As we pull out onto the highway, I look in my bag and it is not even close to what I ordered. My sister (who was driving) said "&*#@ that" and turns the car around and marches into the restaurant and come back in a minute or two with my lunch. B)

You are kidding, right? This is GOOD habits compared to what really goes on in most fast food chains. I worked at a burger king for a couple of weeks when I was in high school. The memories of the things that were routinely done there have kept me out of ALL fast food chains since then.

I worked at Roy Rogers (kinda of like Hardy's or KFC/Arby's combined) for almost 3 years when I was in high school. I worked in just about every "section" from the table cleaner, to griller, to cashier, to the drive-thru...unfortunately once I got in drive-thru I never got out that section until I quit (it was a blackhole). Honestly, I never had a problem with any of the customers thru the drive-thru window. In my opinion, drive-thru orders are "more on the clock" than the walk-ins...so as long as the drive-thru person can keep track of orders, it isn't that bad.

What I hated was getting yelled out (when I got caught) for:

- Giving too many packets of ketchup, BBQ sauce, napkins, etc. to customers (yes, we were actually given "limits"...I just ignored the rules depending on who was the manager during that shift

- Late/cold orders, there was an "us vs. them" thing with the people that served the food and the people who made the food. I had no problem saying "do this again please" when I got soggy fries or cold burgers. Common sense...but hey I was a teenager back then, what did I know?

- Getting yelled at for scooping too many french fries into the container or messing up the ice cream/milk ratio when I made shakes. You're kidding me right? Who wants to eat fries that fill only half the container or a ice cream milk shake that should just be labeled "ONLY milk shake".

- The fact that they just would not throw away some of the old chicken that had been sitting under the heating lamp for god knows how many hours. I was not about to give a customer a chicken breast or thigh that was as hard as a rock.

Well, there's more but I just wanted to say that there are some drive-thru workers out there that are not jerks or lazy bums. I didn't mind making people free ice cream milk shakes or strawberry cakes if an order took too long. It's their smile that counted in the end.

:roflol: Remember the story about Stuart getting into a anggy shouting argument with the girl and manager at the window of a fast food place at 7am ? he did not want to pull forward to wait on the food as no one Else was in line behind us. The manger wanted us to :angry2: !PULL FORWARD! :angry2:

So finally Stuart pulls forward and waits :roflol:

I told Stu. No way I was going to eat any thing from that place now that he had shouted at ever-one in the place.

:wacko: I finally paid Stuart $5 to just drive away .. <_< he wouldn't leave for just $2 :roflol:

Ok - Here is the latest one - I went to BK tonight and got the - pull up to the dumba** who orders things we don't have or want to make area" and wait on your stupid order. She brings me the order - I ask her - is everything in the order that is on the receipt - do I have to look? Are you sure before I drive off? SHE says yes sir I checked your order and everything is there. You guessed it - I get home and the chicken sandwich is not there and worst of all it is the kids meal that is missing so I have to get another one!!! MAN do they even read at those places?

If you want quick food in our area - you only have a few choices at the time of night. So you take your chances. What I getting at here is - do we just not go back or do we stand up and complain to make it right! We are paying our money so we should get what we pay for at least - I called the place today and told the manager and got it corrected. Make the places you want to eat at give better service not just say nothing. Soon or later you will run out of places to go.

I do understand those issues - I managed restaurants in my early life! The one thing I cannot get over is - They have computers that tell them what is ordered. Here is the list - go down the list and make sure it is in the bag - not condiments - no problem but when you don't put the burger in the order when you go to BURGER X then is becomes crazy!!

On the other issue - Does it take a seasoned professional fast food artist to know that you do not blow your freakin nose in a towel and wipe the counter with it!!!!!!!

Like I said before in this thread - the symptoms discussed here are just that - symptoms - the real issue is we have society slowing changing over to "I could care less" attitudes and it worries me.

KG, I hear your frustration but it is never going to change. In order to improve service, you must pay more than the minimum wage and that would drive prices up. Sorry to say, you get what you pay for. You should get a tour through the kitchen during a busy lunch hour if you want to really be upset :) Hope this isnt taken as a rebuttal.....