Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I got this in an email today:

FROM THE ATM PAYMENT CENTER

THE SENATE HOUSE

FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA

(RESOLUTION PANEL ON CONTRACT PAYMENT)

IKOYI-LAGOS NIGERIA

ATTN: CASH GRANT WINNER ($5,500,000.00 USD)

DIDN'T YOU RECEIVED THE MAIL I SENT TO YOU? KINDLY FORWARD YOUR INFORMATION. FOR IMMEDIATE PROCEED AND DON'T DELAY.THIS IS TO OFFICIALLY INFORM YOU THAT WE HAVE VERIFIED YOUR CONTRACT /INHERITANCEFILE AND FOUND OUT THAT WHY YOU HAVE NOT RECEIVED YOUR PAYMENT IS BECAUSE YOU HAVE NOT FULFILLED THE OBLIGATIONS GIVEN TO YOU IN RESPECT OF YOUR CONTRACT/INHERITANCE PAYMENT. SECONDLY WE HAVE BEEN INFORMED THAT YOU ARE STILL DEALING WITH THE NONE OFFICIALS IN THE BANK.

YOUR ENTIRE ATTEMPT TO SECURE THE RELEASE OF THE FUND TO YOU. WE WISH TO ADVISE YOU THAT SUCH AN ILLEGAL ACT LIKE THIS HAS TO STOP IF YOU WISH TO RECEIVE YOUR PAYMENT SINCE WE HAVE DECIDED TO BRING A SOLUTION TO YOUR PROBLEM.

RIGHT NOW WE HAVE ARRANGED YOUR PAYMENT THROUGH OUR SWIFT CARD PAYMENT CENTER ASIA PACIFIC, THAT IS THE LATEST INSTRUCTION FROM MR. PRESIDENT,MUSA YAR'ADUA (GCFR) FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA.AND EFCC NIGERIA. AS WELL THE INTERPOL AND FBI.

THIS CARD CENTER WILL SEND YOU AN ATM CARD, WHICH YOU WILL USE TO WITHDRAW YOUR MONEY IN ANY ATM MACHINE IN ANY PART OF THE WORLD, BUT THE MAXIMUM IS THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED UNITED STATES DOLLARS AT EACH WITHDRAW.SO IF YOU LIKE TO RECEIVE YOUR FUND KINDLY RECONFIRM THE INFORMATION BELLOW.

1)Your Full Name: ______________________________

2)Your Complete Address:________________________

3)Name of City of Residence:____________________

4)Country:______________________________________

5)Direct Telephone Number:______________________

6)Mobile Number:________________________________

7)AGE :_________________________________________

8)CURRENT OCCUPATION: _____________sex___________________

9)ATTACH COPY OF YOUR IDENTIFICATION

CONTACT PERSON:Senator Eze Ayogu,

ATM PAYMENT DEPARTMENT,

EMAIL: (inter_atmpaycenter@live.com)

TELEPHONE: (+234-80-79647465)

THE ATM CARD PAYMENT CENTER HAS BEEN MANDATED TO ISSUE OUT $5,500,000.00 USD AS PART PAYMENT FOR THIS FISCAL YEAR 2008. ALSO FOR YOUR INFORMATION, YOU HAVE TO STOP ANY FURTHER COMMUNICATION WITH ANY OTHER PERSON(S) OR OFFICE(S) TO AVOID ANY HITCHES IN RECEIVING YOUR PAYMENT.

NOTE THAT BECAUSE OF IMPOSTORS, WE HEREBY ISSUED YOU OUR CODE OF ONDUCT,WHICH IS (ATM-811) SO YOU HAVE TO INDICATE THIS CODE WHEN CONTACTING THE CARD CENTER BY USING IT AS YOUR SUBJECT.

Signed,

Senator Eze Ayogu

(+234-80-79647465}

(Atm Payment Department)THE SENATE HOUSE

FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA

(RESOLUTION PANEL ON CONTRACT PAYMENT)

IKOYI-LAGOS NIGERIA

I heard on the radio the other night that a woman out there some where had spent over 400K on this scam.

She started with the 1500.00 then they sent her another email requesting more and more money.

Her husband told her it was a scam, when she did not believe him he went to the FBI and they told her that it was a scam.

That did not stop her from sending more and more money cashed in her 401k and borrowed against her pension.

Now she has nothing. Please folks don't fall for this.

It was really sad listening to her tell her story and how upset she was the she was not getting any of that money back.

I never get this stuff. How do some people seem to get this and some do not?

Glad I do not, but am still curious.

JZ

I have a free web based email (excite.com) and they show up from time to time. My regular email has a better filter I would guess.

I use these as a way to try out new insults :cheers:

I return emails to these dirt bags full of my personal feelings about them, and their goats :surprise:

Jim

All you do is validate the spam mailings list that some asshats sell. Do not answer, just forward to Merlin and delete :devil:

Check out http://www.mailwasher.net/ :cheers:

I've used them for several years. If you only have one email address, their service is free. Basically, you are able to read your emails on the server before you download them. If they are spam, you mark them for deletion and to also bounce them back. So those spammers think that your email address is not good.

Not only do they remove you from their mailing list, they have to delete YOUR email. :roflol:

Life is Good,

A.T.

Ok, so where is the hook? Unlike the typical Nigeria Bank scam email, I don't see the "put your money in for a bigger return" baited hook. Here I only see bait - 5.5 million. When the bait is tempting and the hook is missing, its time to run away.

Ok, so where is the hook? Unlike the typical Nigeria Bank scam email, I don't see the "put your money in for a bigger return" baited hook. Here I only see bait - 5.5 million. When the bait is tempting and the hook is missing, its time to run away.

Seeing the info they are asking for, they don't need a small amount of your money...they are going to get it all when they complete the theft of your identity. :surprise:

fwiw

dj

obtw, gmail has great filters. There is a folder for junk mail that stays full but it never makes it to my inbox. Hotmail on the other hand is only so-so about filtering it out.

dj

I'm sad I haven't got one of the death-threat ones yet. Those are a riot.

Although I did once actually get a Nigerian Letter in the regular postal mail. You just don't get that kind of committed scammer anymore..

These idiots are the sole reason I have six gmail accounts, While on the road for work I take an hour or so out of my day, while stuck in a hotel room somewhere, to send them nice responses in broken engrish.