Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

WHO TOOK THE LAST CUP OF COFFEE!

Dan Hefta

I hate it when I show up at work and one of the simple plessures of my life is that first cup of java and I see that there is no coffee in the pot. And there are a half a dozen guys standing around with full cups. The inconsiderate mentallity that seems to running rampit. You have to deal with jerks on the way to work and then when get to work.

I hate it when I show up at work and one of the simple plessures of my life is that first cup of java and I see that there is no coffee in the pot. And there are a half a dozen guys standing around with full cups. The inconsiderate mentallity that seems to running rampit. You have to deal with jerks on the way to work and then when get to work.

"You kill the joe you make some mo'!" --Terry Tate, Office Linebacker

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzToNo7A-94

That's a good one. :roflol:

LMAO....those just crack me up.

I don't even bother with office coffee now. I just run up the street to one of the coffee shops and be done with it. R,

Let's see, I get up in the morning and by the time I am dressed my breakfast is made, my lunch is packed and I have a travel mug full of coffee plus my Stanley Stainless Thermos full for the day.

I don't understand the problem, Office Coffee? Coffee Shop coffee?

One thing, Do Not bring uneaten luch or un touched Thermos home. It shows a lack of respect, and could result in not having the lunch box recharged for the next day.

Jim(Grateful husband) Norman

For a while, I considered that I was the highest paid coffee maker on the planet (well, at least in Atlanta). I was in a regional office of around 350 folks - large sales staff in house. It would never fail - literally, every time I went to get coffee, I'd walk up on some monkey-suit finishing the pot, sticking it back on the burner, and high-tailing it out of there. ("monkey-suit" of course being the derogatory term for sales guys in the office ;) ). The only advantage was that I got fresh coffee every single time I wanted it :rolleyes:

We were considering putting a coffee pot in our lab (no monkey-suit access), when they actually re-did the coffee stuff to have big old thermos pot monsters. So, I'd only have to make coffee every few days... Then I moved to Austin... ;) Now I work from home, have my very own coffee pot, make coffee once a day, and I'm happy, but...

I would totally hire Terry Tate for my office... :)

One thing, Do Not bring uneaten luch or un touched Thermos home. It shows a lack of respect, and could result in not having the lunch box recharged for the next day.

+1

Smart man there... I know this from first hand experience. :rolleyes:

OTOH, I am the first one up 365 days/year, so I make it myself. After all these years, I'm ok with it. Oh, and screw that putrid crap in the office...it is the last resort,way behind the dehydrated Folgers packs in my B.O.B. in the trunk of my car.

Screw'em.

Everybody should have a Stanley thermos. It's a required box to check off to complete your man card.

Yep. Mine even has a "Nipple-Up Pipe Company" sticker on it (the logo is awesome! :devil: ).

Betcha don't see too many of those, and it definitely qualifies as a man's thermos.

The coffee pot is a required piece of support equipment for rotorcraft operation and maintenance. Without it all but a select few of the crew will cease all useful function and operations comes to a halt.

One of the functions of this supervisor is to explain to the new hires proper coffee equittete. If they dare to not follow this one simple rule they risk the wrath of a caffeine starved individual who makes a rabid dog look like a good house pet.

Several years ago we returned from a hurricane evac to find our base lightly damaged structurally but no power except one out building. That out building had an operating coffee pot. The sole function for one facility maintenance person was to make a pot, bring it over to operations, return with the empty pot, make another pot. Repeat. This went on for 5 days, 12 hours a day. Around day 3 he told me that he felt that he wasn't pulling his share to get the base up to full operation. "Dude. You are doing one of the most important jobs in the company right now. Keeping the customers and us in coffee." Once power was restored to ops he was relieved of coffee duty.

Screw'em.

Everybody should have a Stanley thermos. It's a required box to check off to complete your man card.

Now you've done it!

Must have pics in gallery of your man-thermos! And...I hope it isn't one of those "dandy boy" plaid ones...

Screw'em.

Now you've done it!

Must have pics in gallery of your man-thermos! And...I hope it isn't one of those "dandy boy" plaid ones...

Flex and Marques are related? Oh, never mind, Marques' would be Burberry.... :devil:

I guess I don't get my man card --- no thermos in this household.....

How can anyone drink what passes for coffee in the office. My wife grinds the beans and makes wonderful coffee. I take a full thermos with me each day. Never drink that brown stuff called coffee that other people make.
Once you've had to drink that freeze dried coffee that comes in MREs even office coffee is a step up.

The company I work for uses only Community coffee. A local Louisiana company that knows what works down here. A while back in a cost savings move they went with some national brown water brand. The natives got restless and revolt was ugly. Community was quickly brought back in.