Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New limited gun

taco101

I have been shooting my G-23 carry gun in L-10 this year. Fun, but I want to shoot limited. So, a few dozen items sold on E-bay......and a new 35 came home with me. Waited a week for the magwell and fiber optic front sight, while my armorer buddy did the trigger. 48oz now. Add in a photography hobby and voila! Shot my best classifier ever (72%) with it last sunday.

My new blaster:

g35027.jpg

BTW-I noticed that you have the extended slide lock lever on your new blaster. That has been known to cause problems with shooters locking the slide back accidentally. I'd recommend installing the standard slide lock lever ;)

BTW-I noticed that you have the extended slide lock lever on your new blaster. That has been known to cause problems with shooters locking the slide back accidentally. I'd recommend installing the standard slide lock lever ;)

It came on the gun....I'll keep an eye on that. Thanks!

BTW-I noticed that you have the extended slide lock lever on your new blaster. That has been known to cause problems with shooters locking the slide back accidentally. I'd recommend installing the standard slide lock lever

I'll second that.

Awesome looking gun, BTW.

BTW-I noticed that you have the extended slide lock lever on your new blaster. That has been known to cause problems with SOME shooters locking the slide back accidentally. I'd recommend installing the standard slide lock lever ;)

Not everyone. I have yet to have this issue. I would be aware of the potential problem and change it if necessary. I will admit though, I'm probably in the minority on this issue.

BTW-I noticed that you have the extended slide lock lever on your new blaster. That has been known to cause problems with SOME shooters locking the slide back accidentally. I'd recommend installing the standard slide lock lever ;)

Not everyone. I have yet to have this issue. I would be aware of the potential problem and change it if necessary. I will admit though, I'm probably in the minority on this issue.

Sounds like something I said to Duane about 2001 or 2002.....

....I was wrong, Duane was right. Proof came shortly after I made the statement.....

I've been in pretty much the same boat. I started having mysterious instances of the slide locking open at the wrong time, or not locking open after the last shot. Changed to the standard slide stop, and those mysterious stoppages, well, stopped! :)

Nice looking gun. What type of magwell is that? It looks nice. What is it made of? And also where did you get it? I like the fact that it doesn't have a plastic insert like the Dawson Ice for Glocks do. Also those red base pads look pretty slick as well.

Nice looking gun. What type of magwell is that? It looks nice. What is it made of? And also where did you get it? I like the fact that it doesn't have a plastic insert like the Dawson Ice for Glocks do. Also those red base pads look pretty slick as well.

Its a THE brass magwell. I got it from Custom Glock Racing. About $72 delivered. Adds about 6.6oz to the gun. The mag bases are Arredondo's.

Nice gun! You and I are probably in the minority with the extended slide stop for sure, but I haven't had any issues in the two years that I've been using one on my 34. I just made myself aware that it's there and my thumb sits naturally forward of the lever anyways, so no issues.

Edited by notasccrmom

• 4 weeks later...

I've never managed to accidentally ride the extended slide releases up on my Glocks. On the other hand, the large add-on button mag releases are baad ju-ju for me. Seems like I always accidentally hit the big mag releases at the wrong time.

To each their own I suppose.

I dislike the extended mag release and LOVE the extended slide stop, but I am a southpaw (or handicapped as my kid brother calls us, his wife is a lefty too). The extended mag release dug into my hand, and I use the extended slide stop lever on slidelock reloads. Sorry for encouraging thread drift though COOL 35!

I have been shooting my G-23 carry gun in L-10 this year. Fun, but I want to shoot limited. So, a few dozen items sold on E-bay......and a new 35 came home with me. Waited a week for the magwell and fiber optic front sight, while my armorer buddy did the trigger. 48oz now. Add in a photography hobby and voila! Shot my best classifier ever (72%) with it last sunday.

My new blaster:

g35027.jpg

post-6635-1229886581_thumb.jpg