Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3Gun Rules Poll

In the past these same questions have started several Pissing contests <_<

I hope it doesnt go that way :unsure:

Jim

Thats the thing I'm trying avoid, It's best if we just vote and maybe say something like, hey cool poll, or I voted, or this is

a stupid poll !!

I hope it works but who knows ??? :wacko:

Edited by DIRTY CHAMBER

Cool poll.

I wish someone would explain to me the infatuation with tubular magazines. We have a sport where everyone wants every technical advantage they can get, but when it comes to a shotgun 70% of the shooters want 19th century technology.

Cool poll.

I wish someone would explain to me the infatuation with tubular magazines. We have a sport where everyone wants every technical advantage they can get, but when it comes to a shotgun 70% of the shooters want 19th century technology.

The majority shoots a variation of the "1911", whats with that, it's like a hundred years old or something... :P

Cool poll.

More like 95%..... :cheers:

Cool poll.

+1

In the rifle poll the leading result was to let anything go with regard to mag capacity. Yet in shot gun folks want to limit capacity.

Could someone explain please.

Yankee Dog

Cool poll.

+1

In the rifle poll the leading result was to let anything go with regard to mag capacity. Yet in shot gun folks want to limit capacity.

Could someone explain please.

Yankee Dog

Because it hasn't been limited in rifle and it has in shotgun.

Change is bad, lets do it the way it's always been done. ;)

If I understand the USPSA rules as they are now ( :unsure: ), if I had a Saiga, I'd have to shoot that in Open, right?

That would mean I would have to also acquire an Open AR and an Open pistola, right?

Cha ching!!

I could buy two new Remmie 1100 "tacticools" for the price of one tricked out Saiga-12. Or I can clean house at a gunshow and buy 4 Remmie 1100 Fudd guns for the price of one Saiga-12, and then turn them into tacticools.

The cheapness of the 1100's and the expense of getting an Open Pistola to run right ($2,500 + +) is what has me infatuated with the antiquated tube fed shotguns. :P

I voted "null" in this poll.

There were some options I would have liked to have seen listed.

At a major USPSA 3 gun match, I would like to see a consolidated prize table. The top finisher in each division gets a trip to the consolidated prize table. After that, it's strictly by random/raffle draw.

As far as limited or Tac (??) shotgun goes, you could try to institute a mag tube length limit, like what is done in Limited Pistol, but I think only too soon somebody would start stuffing 2.5" or 2.25" inch shells in their tubes, to game it. :wacko:

I think Open shotgun, should be... well... open... anything goes.

The other two shotgun "divisions" have got me all confused.... :roflol:

As far as the pissing contest comments go, yeah, I'll fess up. I was a guilty party in some of those other heated threads.

And I'll try to abide by the "no pissing contests allowed in this thread" theme. ;)

PS: I would like to see the major PF cutoff for rifle dropped to say 300 or 290. I'm thinking that could facilitate some safe experimentation. Although how we shoot the matches here in the states, going to major PF for rifle would probably still NOT make a difference.

Cha ching!!

At a major USPSA 3 gun match, I would like to see a consolidated prize table. The top finisher in each division gets a trip to the consolidated prize table. After that, it's strictly by random/raffle draw.

Acually ?? I'm editing my post (after some thought) posts about random draws really "piss" me off !!! :angry:

Opps ?? Too late !! Oh well ..... :P

Cool poll, I voted !! :cheers:

Or, your poll sucks !! :(

Edited by DIRTY CHAMBER

DIRTY CHAMBER wrote:

Opinoins are like a**holes !!! I see you have you have many ideas of how things should be or how everyone else

should be doing things !!

Anyone is welcome to work their way up and become a major match director or even start thier own, completely

"different", 3gun legue and see if people come to shoot ??

Or you can start a poll !!

About the prize table, ------------- ------- --- ------- ------ --- ----- ----- -- ----- --- ---- --- !

I myself can not come in 1st place, not just yet, but I can come in 10th and I work pretty hard to get that position.

Now if a shooter in 100th gets a rifle and I get a cleaning kit, I'm --- -- ----- --- --------- ---- ----- ---...

Ohh, but we've all been down this road before !!!

If it's your intention to start up another rules war thread then go ahead and start one !!

Cool poll, I voted !!

Or, you poll sucks !!

:unsure:

Acually ?? I'm editing my post (after some thought) posts about random draws really "piss" me off !!! :angry:

You changed the poll after you started collecting votes!!!

Change my vote from "Order of finish, within each division" to "random draw". what is the use of having classes if you dont use them.

Yankee dog

You changed the poll after you started collecting votes!!!

Change my vote from "Order of finish, within each division" to "random draw". what is the use of having classes if you dont use them.

Yankee dog

No ! I changed my last "post" !! <_<

Carry on, carry on !!

Edited by DIRTY CHAMBER

• 3 weeks later...
It's my huble opinion that the magazine fed shotguns belong in the tactical division what is more tactical than a box or now a drum magazine.

Amen, Brother! But with the type of "Limited" vision in some USPSA rulings, we will still be debating magazine capacities decades from now when everyone else has started using Laser Pulse rifles in the 40 Megawatt range.

Cool poll!

First I'd like to comment that I love the forum format. It's the same format as Saiga-12.com and I love their forum too :)

Second, let me preface with the fact that I may be mistaken in my rule understanding :unsure:

Limited pistols (Tactical?) aren't limited by capacity but by barrel porting/brakes and Optics. Those two items put pistols in open, otherwise you can shoot a 30rd Limited gun.

Rifles are the same way, Optics and Muzzle brakes make them Open right?

BUT with shotguns, just having a magazine like a pistol or rifle does, puts you in open?

I shoot Limited Pistol. Tactical Rifle and Open shotgun. I have no optics, no muzzle brakes, just iron sights on all the guns. IMO, they are all in the same configuration. Magazine fed, Iron sights, no recoil-reduction attachments.... yet they are classified as different categories based on arbitrary regulations.

Just as a comparison, If Rifles and Pistols were treated the same as shotguns, Revolvers would be Limited and all mag fed auto-loaders would be OPEN. Lever Action tube fed rifles would be Tactical, all Mag fed rifles would be OPEN. Both of those are silly thoughts, so why is it NOT silly when it comes to Shotguns?

Anyway, I hope I didn't cause a ruckus. I look forward to reading all the good information on this site!

~SN

I was actually thinking about this the other day and wanted to propose another option. 7+1 in Tac and Lim. It wouldn't really hamper the guys that have the longer tubes, well maybe a little. But the upside would be a lot more competetive SG's straight out of the box. There are way more SG's sold with an 18" bbl and flush mag tube than 22" guns. Might cut back on some of the expense getting into three gun if you could grab a 870 Express Security or a M1 Super 90 Tactical and be ready to go.

Cool poll!

Limited pistols (Tactical?) aren't limited by capacity but by barrel porting/brakes and Optics. Those two items put pistols in open, otherwise you can shoot a 30rd Limited gun.

Nope, Limited capacity is limited by the length of the magazine. Roughly 23/24 rd 9mm and 21/22 rd .40 is about as good as you're gonna get.

AHHH...Lawman! My steed is watered and the lance is sharpened.

First off if we limit the ltd/tac shotguns to 7+1 we then run into the unenviable position of making the shotgun part of our matches even more of a loading contest. Now as you might well know, I wouldn't mind that in the least. The more loading the better, for those of us that can do that real well, like Chris, Rob, Mike, etc. The down side is the extra expense of getting these short guns bored and threaded for chokes as almost NONE of them come with chokes. I can see a whole bunch of whineing start up about some silly little limit that forces more loading.

As for mag fed shotguns in ltd/tac. I say YES!! As a matter of fact the High Plains Shotgun Challenge that Trapr and I put on ALLOW the "boxers" in LTD. So far they seem to be on equal footing with the tubers, so no great big advantage gained. I know this thought frightens the women and scares the horses, but come on. This is the 20th century...ah...well....I was only off by one! :roflol: KurtM

Cool poll!

Nope, Limited capacity is limited by the length of the magazine. Roughly 23/24 rd 9mm and 21/22 rd .40 is about as good as you're gonna get.

I believe you as I don't know the rules but I could swear that a guy at my club has a 30rd Limited gun.... I'm probably mixing something up though :)

Is the rule the length of the mag or the distance which it sticks out from the grip?