Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

European Championship IPSC Rifle 2009

Yesterday (monday) was a wet day with several good rain showers.

Today the weather cooperated. There was a overcast in the morning but it cleared and it turned into a very nice day.

The match is tough, but the shooters I saw at the stage I work (19) looked like they have had a good time.

As mentioned at the official website, there are some very tight safety angles and there have been some DQs because of it.

Some brief description of the stages:

1-5 has short and long courses. Ranges out to about 50m.

6-10: same as above but out to about 200m

11-14: similar to 1-5

15-20: short, medium and long. from 10m and out. with difficult stages. 20x25 cm plates at 200m+ are challenging, especially with wind...

Opening ceremony plus more:

video from stage 14 (which was a great stage):

There are already other videos on youtube, but i don't have a link at this time.

Edited by Cardinal

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Match results:http://www.erc2009.no/index.php?page=match_results

SAO top 10

1. Peltokoski, Raine

2.Vinduska, Vaclav

3.Halminen, Jarkko

4.Kaislaranta, Mikael

5.Iso-Tuisku, Kimmo

6.Horner, Daniel

7.Hintsanen, Antti

8.Runtti, Petri

9.Rommen, Kristian

10.Niemelä, Juha

SAS top 10

1.Hyyryläinen, Isto

2.Neal, Kelly

3.Johnson, Robby

4.Miller, Kurt

5.Riste, Mika

6.Kuisma, Mikko

7.Salvesen, Per-Erik

8.Idland, Sverre

9.Swonson, Trapr

10.Kervinen, Ilkka

Edited by Esa1195

As a quick update I just got off the phone with the guys.....

They had a great time and enjoyed themselves but are looking forward to getting home.

The thing about Norway is its danm expensive, they went out a few nights ago and spent $70 a head for a chinese/thai meal .... that was a shock to the system ! :surprise:

They did bloody well and did the US proud. Top guys !!!

Edited by mike.45

As a quick update I just got off the phone with the guys.....

They had a great time and enjoyed themselves but are looking forward to getting home.

The thing about Norway is its danm expensive, they went out a few nights ago and spent $70 a head for a chinese/thai meal .... that was a shock to the system ! :surprise:

They did bloody well and did the US proud. Top guys !!!

WOW! Thats a lot of moo-la for some moo-shu. Cats must be scarce over there, eh?

That must have been some match.

Congratulations to the winners and congratulations to the USof A guys. A strong team indeed.

I'll bet Norway is about out of beer now.

The thing about Norway is its danm expensive, they went out a few nights ago and spent $70 a head for a chinese/thai meal

Yes Norway is expensive, but to put it into context I suspect that includes a lot of extras (OR it was a extreme high-end restaurant).

A chinese/thai main course usually costs 20-30 USD. If you add a little snack before the main course and then a dessert (plus a few beers), you quickly reach 70...

hmmm.. yes I suspect there was an increase of beer consumption, considering that both the Americans AND the Irish came... :D:P

Yesterday (monday) was a wet day with several good rain showers.

Today the weather cooperated. There was a overcast in the morning but it cleared and it turned into a very nice day.

The match is tough, but the shooters I saw at the stage I work (19) looked like they have had a good time.

As mentioned at the official website, there are some very tight safety angles and there have been some DQs because of it.

Some brief description of the stages:

1-5 has short and long courses. Ranges out to about 50m.

6-10: same as above but out to about 200m

11-14: similar to 1-5

15-20: short, medium and long. from 10m and out. with difficult stages. 20x25 cm plates at 200m+ are challenging, especially with wind...

Opening ceremony plus more:

video from stage 14 (which was a great stage):

There are already other videos on youtube, but i don't have a link at this time.

Great stuff! It look like you guys are having a blast. Thanks for the videos.

Edited by Slammer

Some pics I took at stage 19 (which many shooters will probably want to forget...)

The stage:

post-11324-1247917646_thumb.jpg

The targets:

post-11324-1247917701_thumb.jpg

Trapr Swonson unfortunately had gun problems which led to a zeroed stage, but here's a couple of pics before he stopped:

post-11324-1247917878_thumb.jpg

Just before he stopped:

post-11324-1247917945_thumb.jpg

Daniel Horner in Open:

post-11324-1247918014_thumb.jpg

A malfunction cost some time:

post-11324-1247918060_thumb.jpg

post-11324-1247918161_thumb.jpg

Norwegian Standard Champion and European Championship Shoot off winner Sverre Idland shows that one can do very well without a fancy gun!

post-11324-1247918308_thumb.jpg

To be continued....

Here's some pictures of match winner in Open, Raine Peltokoski:

post-11324-1247918763_thumb.jpg

post-11324-1247918789_thumb.jpg

Starting to move, while the case from the last shot is still in the air.

post-11324-1247918815_thumb.jpg

post-11324-1247918850_thumb.jpg

I've also got some pictures of some other Norwegians, but figured that here those would be most interesting for you americans.

Edited by Cardinal

A little sauce on his jeans never seemed to bother him before, and yes that comp does seem to look like the best on on the market, cant even guess where they got them, some place called rectangle or trapoziod, oblong or Triangle, something like that.----------Larry

a lot of folks were asking, whose brake it was.........they didn't know the British comedian was even still alive much less making comps. :roflol:

We did win the team event, the Fin's who were recognized as the winning team acknowledged it to us, but sadly we have nothing but scores and pictures to show for it.

The Airline we returned home on from Norway even acknowledged it, they bumped us to first class, for the return flight home, that was a very pleasant surprise :surprise:

We did find a few things that the other teams were behind on the learning curve on, but I suspect those will be rectified by the next meeting.

There are LaRue Tactical Beeradillos all over Scandinavia right now, and a few living in a Norwegian Army officers club. I'll post pics later of the different teams and "the" winning team in standard.

As was posted earlier I managed to zero a stage due to my own shooting and then again because the rifle went to burst fire, and yet still managed a top ten finish, Kelly had a zero and another really bad stage, Kurt had a brain fart on a stage that hurt him, I don't recall if Robby had any real bad stages, but the wind was very tricky on some shots with right and left blowing wind on some cross valley shots.

The BIGGEST and BEST thing I saw was that, EVERY piece of steel was painted for EVERY shooter, every piece had an excellent and inexpensive contrasting backer, and the match was not held up one bit by this effort, every piece of steel FELL, so an RO was not needed to call hits, and the match ran on time. THE BAR HAS BEEN RAISED, USA MD'S TAKE NOTE.

this match was excellent, and my highest regards to the match staff and RO's.

Kurt and I got to spend some time talking with the IPSC president, and I hope our thoughts did not fall on deaf ears, I feel he listened earnestly and intently, time will tell, but, its good to be home and I'll see most of you at RM3G.

Trapr

Edited by bigbrowndog

In standard the Americans were pretty cool, but quite franky, the Finnish KICKED BUTT in open!!!

No AMU in europe, you know...

Let me point out that I was impressed by the US open shooters and they surely beat me, but the Finnish and especially Raine were a class of their own!

A BIG thanx to all who made teh event possible!

a lot of folks were asking, whose brake it was.........they didn't know the British comedian was even still alive much less making comps. :roflol:

We did win the team event, the Fin's who were recognized as the winning team acknowledged it to us, but sadly we have nothing but scores and pictures to show for it.

The Airline we returned home on from Norway even acknowledged it, they bumped us to first class, for the return flight home, that was a very pleasant surprise :surprise:

We did find a few things that the other teams were behind on the learning curve on, but I suspect those will be rectified by the next meeting.

There are LaRue Tactical Beeradillos all over Scandinavia right now, and a few living in a Norwegian Army officers club. I'll post pics later of the different teams and "the" winning team in standard.

As was posted earlier I managed to zero a stage due to my own shooting and then again because the rifle went to burst fire, and yet still managed a top ten finish, Kelly had a zero and another really bad stage, Kurt had a brain fart on a stage that hurt him, I don't recall if Robby had any real bad stages, but the wind was very tricky on some shots with right and left blowing wind on some cross valley shots.

The BIGGEST and BEST thing I saw was that, EVERY piece of steel was painted for EVERY shooter, every piece had an excellent and inexpensive contrasting backer, and the match was not held up one bit by this effort, every piece of steel FELL, so an RO was not needed to call hits, and the match ran on time. THE BAR HAS BEEN RAISED, USA MD'S TAKE NOTE.

this match was excellent, and my highest regards to the match staff and RO's.

Kurt and I got to spend some time talking with the IPSC president, and I hope our thoughts did not fall on deaf ears, I feel he listened earnestly and intently, time will tell, but, its good to be home and I'll see most of you at RM3G.

Trapr

Nice job guys!!! Wish I could have made it over there with you all, maybe next time. The wedding for my daughter has drained all my extra funds.

Tony

SAO top 10

1. Peltokoski, Raine, Finland

2.Vinduska, Vaclav, Czech Republic

3.Halminen, Jarkko, Finland

4.Kaislaranta, Mikael, Finland

5.Iso-Tuisku, Kimmo, Finland

6.Horner, Daniel, USA

7.Hintsanen, Antti, Finland

8.Runtti, Petri, Finland

9.Rommen, Kristian, Norway

10.Niemelä, Juha, Finland

SAS top 10

1.Hyyryläinen, Isto, Finland

2.Neal, Kelly, USA

3.Johnson, Robby, USA

4.Miller, Kurt, USA

5.Riste, Mika, Finland

6.Kuisma, Mikko, Finland

7.Salvesen, Per-Erik, Norway

8.Idland, Sverre, Norway

9.Swonson, Trapr, USA

10.Kervinen, Ilkka, Finland

Just vanted to add nationalities after names ;)

It was nice meet US guys, especially standard team. Hope we meet again someday.

Tommi

I had a great time in Norway and finally had a chance to see the US guys shoot in a major match.

I was in the same sq with the Finnish team and i must say i am really impressed by those guys and how they shoot ,Raine shoots like a machine and iff you look at the match points he really kicked ass in open (so did the entire open team by ALL 4 of them within the top 5 !)

I also had a chance to see some off the US guys shoot because they where in the sq before us and it was great to see them shoot as well ,in standard they are the team to beat.

What i noticed is that all off the guys i met there are all having the time off there lives and all have a big grin on there face all the time.

Kurt was even having a good time on the stage 17 which did not work out for him because he let his barrel touch the barricade instead off the freefloat tube,in most off the pistol matches i did shoot the guys are always pissed off when the did not finsh a stage well.

But not on this match !!! 99% had a smile on there face all off the time.

Even Raine had a big malfunction on stage which could have cost him a lot off stagepoints but even after that stage he was smiling and took it very proffesional.

I have a nice stage from Trapr on Stage 12 on vid here

Our team (the Neherlands) finished 4th and had the time of our lives as well

Many thanks to all off the people who made it possible !!!!!

Here is some pictures of awarding ceremony:

Some medallists from Finland

post-5429-1248078265_thumb.jpg

Open winners

post-5429-1248078288_thumb.jpg

Open Lady winners

post-5429-1248078308_thumb.jpg

Open Senior winners

post-5429-1248078339_thumb.jpg

Open Team winners

post-5429-1248078357_thumb.jpg

Standard winners

post-5429-1248078384_thumb.jpg

Standard Senior winners

post-5429-1248078426_thumb.jpg

Standard Team winners

post-5429-1248078445_thumb.jpg

The match was great! :roflol:

I and my wife Paula will send our best regards to everyone who participate that match!

Taisto