Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

When my 10 year old says...

tgibson

So I brought home my new IDPA/3 gun pistol last Friday night. I fiddle around with it for a little while and my 10 year old asks if he can see it. I tell him sure. He cocks the hammer, racks the slide, grins at me and says, "That's nice!!". I said yea I know. Then the best part. He takes aim, pulls the trigger and says, "It could use a little trigger work." I thought I was going to cry! How proud can a dad get when his little boy can tell the difference between a four pound trigger and a 1.5lb. trigger!?!? I have to go. I am getting weepy. :D

Adios,

TG

So I brought home my new IDPA/3 gun pistol last Friday night. I fiddle around with it for a little while and my 10 year old asks if he can see it. I tell him sure. He cocks the hammer, racks the slide, grins at me and says, "That's nice!!". I said yea I know. Then the best part. He takes aim, pulls the trigger and says, "It could use a little trigger work." I thought I was going to cry! How proud can a dad get when his little boy can tell the difference between a four pound trigger and a 1.5lb. trigger!?!? I have to go. I am getting weepy. :D

Adios,

TG

Good kid! :cheers:

Adios,

TG

Out-freakin'-standing

I'm sure everyone figured out that that was a joke.

It's standard practice at my house when I bring a new gun home, to have this little conversation...

Wife: So, how much did that cost us?

Me: Not much, only $700.

Wife: How much more are you going to spend on it before you actually shoot it?

(My wife knows me to well... she learned quickly that a $700 gun usually costs at least twice that to get it "ready" to shoot).

:roflol:

Frank

Adios,

TG

Out-freakin'-standing

+1

How proud can a dad get when his little boy can tell the difference between a four pound trigger and a 1.5lb. trigger!?!?

You know it will get expensive. :D

Excellent! :cheers:

Three words...hand me downs. I get a new gun, he gets a new gun....well new to him any way!! :P

Adios,

TG

My 3 y/o helps me fill the 100 count Dillon boxes, he knows they go bullet down. I use that time to teach math.

Cool! Next step...he'll be refilling primer tubes. :)

thats how mine started.. bulletsin trays then primers.. now if i can get him to clean the guns i' ll be set...... :roflol:

He wants to help fill primer tubes! He holds the tube and presses down, but I steer the rod from primer to primer.

I used to offer to clean my dads guns. Started when I was about 12. That's how I got him to take me shooting, to volunteer to clean them.

He's already mentioned (wife heard it too) that he want's to go shootin' with me "when I get a little older". Yep, tear came to my eye. Just like when said I was his "super hero daddy" after watching The Incredibles. That one was awesome.

My 3 y/o helps me fill the 100 count Dillon boxes, he knows they go bullet down. I use that time to teach math.

My kids all learned math at the reloading bench. Shiny bullets and nice, regular spots to put them fascinate kids I guess.

Long ago my oldest son was begining to shoot USPSA matches, when a single stack .45 was a race gun. He had his own Colt Combat Elite.

He bought himself a nice Beeman pellet rifle too, then complained because the trigger on his pellet gun was better than on his .45.

Ingrate!