Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dumbest question yet

Bill in Oregon

Got my CR Speed belt and Bladetech holster. How is the belt supposed to work? I threaded the inner one through my belt loops and then wrapped the outer one over it, but everything overlaps at places creating considerable bulk. Can I trim off the excess and heat seal the ends? Am I doing it wrong?

Most folks shooting Limited or Open will arrange their mags and holster so that the pieces of the belt come together behind your back. The bulk you're talking about is then out of the way and you can get the belt on really snug.

Rule of thumb for most folks is to put your first mag pouch on the belt so that when the belt is on properly, the first mag pouch is lined up with the zipper on the front of your pants, giving you a good index point of where to connect the belt.

Have fun!

Just to be different...I'm a Production shooter so my Blade-Tech DOH and mags on in back of my hip bone on their respective sides...I set up mine to overlap 3 or 4 inches inches in the front. I find it convenient and don't mind the bulk in that spot when you have three layers of belt.

Curtis

Edited: because I hate typos!

Edited by BayouSlide

Yes, the belt is fine for Single Stack. The holster and mag pouches must be positioned behind the hip bone per Appendix E3 in the rule book. You can trim the inner belt and seal the ends so it fits and tightens properly. Make sure you leave enough overlap for future waistline expansion (don't ask how I know this). You shouldn't have to trim the outer belt (I don't even know if you can). I have mine set so the inner belt overlaps in front where its easier to tighten and the outer belt overlap in the rear where its out of the way.

If you overlap the inner belt where your holster sits it provides a little more clearance between the holster and your body.

I usually like to game stuff, but man, that takes the cake. I hadn't thought of that one. It doesn't change the gun to belt measurement for classes that stipulate that either, since the measurement is taken from the inside of the (outer) belt. ;)

I have learned that no matter how far around to the front I place my mags, that I grab the one by my pocket first, so putting mags further to the front than that point does not help me. Also by placing my mags a bit further back and likewise positioning my holster a bit further back (Production/SS) all my holsters and mags come from the same place no matter what I am shooting (Exception being Revolver as that is just DIFFERENT). This allows me to put my belt on in the normal fashion where the overlap is in the front. I do set the inner belt up so that the overbelt starts where the end of thei inner is so that he bulk is reduced. One more thing I keep planning to do, but haven't so far is to put velcro on the inside of my mag pouches so that that area of the belt is a bit more secure.

Jim

If you overlap the inner belt where your holster sits it provides a little more clearance between the holster and your body.

I usually like to game stuff, but man, that takes the cake. I hadn't thought of that one. It doesn't change the gun to belt measurement for classes that stipulate that either, since the measurement is taken from the inside of the (outer) belt. ;)

Sounds to me like it would impact the measurement. Lets say the outer belt is 1/4". If you overlap it at the holster, the measurement to the inside of the outer belt should be to the inside of the inner most layer of the outer belt or 1/4" more than if you overlapped it elsewhere.

Slav

Sounds to me like it would impact the measurement. Lets say the outer belt is 1/4". If you overlap it at the holster, the measurement to the inside of the outer belt should be to the inside of the inner most layer of the outer belt or 1/4" more than if you overlapped it elsewhere.

Slav

I see what you are saying, but that's not what I meant. You overlap the INNER belt underneath where the holster sits. You overlap the OUTER belt elsewhere. So you would have one layer of outer belt over two layers of inner belt under the holster.