Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My own money

SteveU

I might just cash the check and carry it around for awhile so I can feel like a big shot.

And for those who don't know us, there's enough give and take in our marriage to accommodate this, I think. If it ever comes up. Which it won't right? :ph34r:

Now I gotta go back and read that hokey pokey thread.

Edited by Surge

I have been in said position before. What I found out was that the missus does the same thing too. We each squirrel away funds for our particular loves without really asking eachother. We have discussed this and have decided that to make it allright, everyone must enjoy the spoils at least somewhat. Reason? If I'm out making extra dough, who is at home with the kids? My wife. So, in the interest of fairness, she and the others who are missing me while I'm away must be treated to dinner and some other form of entertainment. (Dollar movie and The Cheesecake Factory followed by ice cream usually does it) Or cousin Jenny comes over and the wife and I get a room for the night. (Cousin Jenny looks like a supermodel and dresses up the girls all night, makeup and all!)

That is what I did before spending my last chunk of mad money. My wife didn't bat an eye at what I did after that!

I can assure you that was a win-win for me! :devil:B)

fess up about half of it and see if she does the same :ph34r:

Guaranteed, she has her own stash :roflol:

I hope she does and I bet she does!

Embezzlement without consequence is what makes marriage fun.

Well, one of the things :unsure:

Why hide it???!!! Just say hey, I got paid this $$ and am gonna get a gun for me. You earned it. Be sure to get her something as well to share the wealth, but be a man and step up. Hiding stuff within a relationship is just not a good way to operate.

Been there... not good in the long run

MY.02

"My own money"

You're married and can say that with a straight face?!??!

:roflol:

My wife told me it was no longer possible to have my own money.

She on the other hand, owns all my money. <_<

Ya'll nailed it.

I'm sure if you told her, she might think about giving you permission to get a little something for yourself.

"My own money"

You're married and can say that with a straight face?!??!

:roflol:

My wife told me it was no longer possible to have my own money.

She on the other hand, owns all my money. <_<

Ya'll nailed it.

I'm sure if you told her, she might think about giving you permission to get a little something for yourself.

Saw a funny bumper sticker;

DRIVER CARRIES NO CASH....he's married

If no one else has asked: Does your wife have the combination to your gun safe? and Does she know how to shoot?

If you answer yes to these questions, I suggest that you at the very least inform her of your good fortune.

If she tells you that you should go spend it all on a new gun, by all means make sure you save out enough to get her something nice.

If she doesn't know one gun from another and doesn't have the combination to your safe, you can probably sneak in a new blaster.

If she is like my wife, she'll be telling you to buy while you can, there will always be a day when what she wants is available, our toys might not be.

Oh, I'll tell her, but we both work better with the 'better to ask forgiveness than permission' -- don't get me started on the china cabinet! Since I was extremely gracious about that one, which despite the 0% financing will actually cost me many more hours at work ($$ = time at work) to pay off, I figure this one can wait until I can show her what I got before she needs to know actually how I paid for it.

Actually, that's the best way to do it:

Me: "Look what I got!"

She: "Oh, no... which card did you put it on?"

Me: "None of them, honey! Don't worry, you see I got this check..."

She: "My hero" (smooch)

Or something like that.

It's not like she asked me to vacuum the house or anything...

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?...=58950&st=0

Or take the easy way out. Honey I am going shooting with steel1212(I am sure he will vouch for you). Leave with appropriate gear that you usually take with you but leave the gun bag empty. Place the newly aquired pistol in the empty gun bag she saw you leave the house with which is the one you always take to the range to shoot. When you get home proceed to remove your new gun from the case and clean it(you didnt think he was going to cover you for nothing) and place it promptly back in the safe. Then go and brag about your great practice session.

Or take the easy way out. Honey I am going shooting with steel1212(I am sure he will vouch for you). Leave with appropriate gear that you usually take with you but leave the gun bag empty. Place the newly aquired pistol in the empty gun bag she saw you leave the house with which is the one you always take to the range to shoot. When you get home proceed to remove your new gun from the case and clean it(you didnt think he was going to cover you for nothing) and place it promptly back in the safe. Then go and brag about your great practice session.

Hmm... wonder if that'll get me a smooch too...