Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My own money

SteveU

Fortunately, my wife doesn't lurk on BE.com

I just gave a lecture today and when I arrived, I was greeted with an envelope containing a significant honorarium. I forgot I was getting paid for it, since lecturing and teaching is sort of part of my job and good business for me. I didn't plan on getting it nor did I budget it in anywhere for our household expenses.

The check is made out to me.

I have the $$ in our savings account to cover it (would be missed if withdrawn), which will allow me to cash it at my bank without leaving any paper trail.

It sort of feels sneaky, but now I have to think of what I want.... good optics for my AR, a single stack from the classifieds, a .223 caliber conversion setup for my 650....

... I will get a 1099 but by the time that comes I can shrug and say she didn't even miss it!

:cheers:

Been there done that, the guilt will eat through your flesh at first but that will all be replaced by gladness when holding your new toy. Just don't let all the smiling give you up and forget about it when you're done.

Guns are an investment. Invest in both your futures.. :ph34r:

Doc's a good guy, he will tell her he made some extra cash, give her some money and her and the girls will go out and do the runway thing again....Single Stack....Single Stack...Single Stack....

[her and the girls will go out and do the runway thing again

Out of context that sounds pretty bad :roflol::roflol:

I didn't see any icons after zhunter's 'honest is the best policy' comment. You can't be serious. :surprise:

To tell you the truth, I was expecting a more supportive response from this crowd. I might have to post "Killjoys" in the What I Hate forum :angry2::roflol:

And Barbara would find out if Clyde or Mrs. Clyde told her, which they can't do because she never comes to the matches, so her bad. :cheers: (looking over shoulder - all clear)

Let's see now where was I...

Out of context that sounds pretty bad :roflol::roflol:

I didn't see any icons after zhunter's 'honest is the best policy' comment. You can't be serious. :surprise:

To tell you the truth, I was expecting a more supportive response from this crowd. I might have to post "Killjoys" in the What I Hate forum :angry2::roflol:

And Barbara would find out if Clyde or Mrs. Clyde told her, which they can't do because she never comes to the matches, so her bad. :cheers: (looking over shoulder - all clear)

Where were you? Last I saw you were digging a really deep hole.-------------Larry

Surge,

I think you (push) should go with (enable) the (do it!) single stack. Of course the (she'll never know) 223 idea isn't bad either. But hey do a little something nice for her to, dinner at her favorite restaurant for example (should help with the conscience). Of course if anybody here talks they should get their man card revoked!

"...But hey do a little something nice for her to, dinner at her favorite restaurant for example (should help with the conscience). ..."
What the fark?!?! She gets a meal and you get a mega new gun??? That wouldn't last long in MY house! Man up and share it with her.

"...But hey do a little something nice for her to, dinner at her favorite restaurant for example (should help with the conscience). ..."
What the fark?!?! She gets a meal and you get a mega new gun??? That wouldn't last long in MY house! Man up and share it with her.

I'm sure he'll let her shoot it anytime she wants :roflol:

Alright, you caught me! I'm 38 and still not married. From my sort of single guy perspective ( I do have a girlfriend of 3 years whom I'm sure would agree with you) it is money he earned.

:rolleyes:

Do you guys have any idea what it costs for you wife and 2 daughters to get all dolled up and go down a fashion run way.....yeah I think they are coming out a head in this deal.

Plus I think she would say he earned it have fun.

Plus, Plus, why isn't taking the better half out for a nice dinner a good idea with money that you got unexpectedly? I mean you didn't think you where going to get it. You got it and still treated your wife. You also treated yourself. I mean damn how many women out there have to have everything 50/50? I know my wife would be more than happy if I did that for her....if I got bonuses.

Plus, Plus, Plus, I think you guys are taking this way to seriously. :D