Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Steak

outerlimits

Well i know that but i don't think my local farmer would appreciate me hacking away on one of his/her cows.

Ha, Ha... That is true!! :cheers:

If you don't have a butcher shop near by, you can always ask the butcher at the local supermarket to cut your steak extra-thick. I sometimes don't have time to go to the butcher shop when I feel like feasting on a thick steak. If this happens, I just drive to the local supermarket and ask the butcher there to cut a few "double thick" ribeye steaks. They usually have them ready in a matter of minutes.

Mmmm... Now I'm hungry!! But I don't think that I can eat a 3-pounder though!! :surprise:

That was enough beef to feed a family of 4!!

I like going to costco and buying a whole prime rib or ny strip and cutting my own steaks. With porterhouse steaks though, you really need a bandsaw to make them like that.

Gotta say, I started getting hungry looking at that beef. I am fortunate to have a grocery store with the best beef in the area right next door, and the Meat Dept Mgr likes me, cause I make all her labels for them. (Wine shop and grocery owned by the same folks.) About once a month they will have whole rib-eyes on sale, sliced for free. I almost always get one and sometimes two and they do me right. I have a freezer full to chow on this winter.

That reminds me, need to fill up the tank for my grill :surprise:

Grilled steak. Good Eats.