Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Halloween Match ideas

Fireant

I know I will catch flack for this but we are shooting Friday and there will be a prop to carry, likey a Halloween basket for candy. Another idea is to make a stincel in the shape of a ghost to paint on the targets (in black and will count as hard cover).

Joe W.

I shot a match this past weekend that was a halloween theme. They painted the plate racks orange like pumpkins and put smaller targets in front of most of the USPSA targets that had white garbage bags with faces drawn on them to make them look like ghosts. All of the "ghosts" were treated as soft cover that you had to shoot through to engage the target behind. They also used orange fencing for the walls and made use of dried corn stocks. It was pretty cool and was interesting shooting through so much soft cover.

Not necessarily Halloween specifically, but the ITPS club in Duke, OK runs a Night Match every year sometime in October or Novemebr.... lots of spooky looking stuff, hay bales, Halloween themed stuff, flashing lights, black lights, torches, low lights, strobes, lots of steel, and movers....... makes it pretty interesting seeing your sights. Unless of course you are shooting Open guns, of course. They even sell special match shirts with glow in the dark screen printing. One of the funnest matches every year. Not even close to USPSA legal, for the most part, but fun none the less.

I know I will catch flack for this but we are shooting Friday and there will be a prop to carry, likey a Halloween basket for candy. Another idea is to make a stincel in the shape of a ghost to paint on the targets (in black and will count as hard cover).

Joe W.

How about painting them grey and calling them soft cover....they are ghost after all lol.

LOL If you REALLY want to go total outlaw match on it, do it in the dark with tons of movers and such but have a strobe light activated by the shooter at the start of the stage. :roflol: I do love the idea of the orange plate rack though, I might have to paint the round part of our poppers up like pumpkins for next week.

Joe W.

Our weekly match at the indoor range is supposed to do a Halloween theme in a couple of weeks. One thing he as mentioned is that white targets will be the shooters. He is going to place black lights throughout the range and shoot under reduced lighting. Sounds like fun.

But Tiny Warrior is right. It's hard to top that coffin stage :surprise:

dj

Back in the day at Norco, when we shot IPSC with large pointed sticks, Wally Arrida had the best halloween match ever! One stage was called "The Headless Horseman." All of the classic targets had their heads chopped off and stapled in random places on the lower torso. You then had to engage them all "mozambique" style with one to the "upper" panel and two to the lower panel. Yeah, I know...not rule book legal....But a heck of a lot of fun. You could always just leave the heads off all together or make the heads their own targets by stapling them on no shoots around the course.

And wearing a costume to the range....Hilarious! I once saw a guy dressed up as Shirley Hamilton (Ladies National Champ 95...I think)...He was complaining he couldn't find his reload! Errrr....he was wearing a DD bra stuffed full of socks!

:cheers: :cheers:

Edited by carinab

We used to get a bit crazy with the local IDPA shoot, but ideas still apply.......

Werewolves anyone?

66748fe68837af5d.jpg

66748fe68841b039.jpg

Headshots on "zombies" with ripped T-shirts as dressing........You had to retrieve your car keys to escape.....

That fake spiderwebbing you find this time of year makes a nice partial vision barrier and withstands bullets like a champ.

We also tied some toy axes to swingers and had them attack "no shoot" targets.........

Yeah, we had way too much time on our hands......

Capitol City Rifle Club near Lansing Michigan puts on a really good show for Halloween. Check link out for pics.

http://www.ccrifleipsc.com/page7.html

Looks like a fun match.

I wish I would have had access to a coffin at our Halloween match. I would have made people start in the coffin hands folded peacefully on chest.

Had a buddy who had a great idea. Using clam-shell targets. When activated they seemingly come to life like zombies coming up from the dead. Targets would be head-shot only. If you had a lot of those types of targets and set them off in succession, it would be a hell of a lot of fun. Our clam-shell targets are really slow so they would be perfect.