Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Plastic grip panels for 1911

John2A

Do any of you know of a vendor that makes plastic grip panels for a 1911?

I want to have Jim Hart at GetNGrip do a set for my new SS and I am having a fit trying to find some one that makes plastic ones. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

John

I'll give you the factory grips off of my Taurus tomorrow. You'll have to let me check them out when you get them back.

Thanks Scott, Another member was gracious enough to send me a set as well.

I wish someone made a set of grips that made a 1911 feel just like my 2011. If they made them right you cound even install a S_I magwell,

I know a guy.....but he did it by hand and was a lot of work. Just buy making the right grip panels doesn't allow you to install a 2011 magwell by the way.

I have a set that isnt quite the same feel as a 2011 but it is MUCH fatter than a standard 1911 grip and has almost a palm swell that fills the the hand very well and makes it feel closer to a wide body gun. Ill post some pictures online when I can get some up. They have almost a volcanic rock texture to them and are very easy to get a grip on. Guy in Northern KY makes them and they feel really nice

I use the Hogue rubber slabs with the palm swells. They make the gun a little thicker but not much. I wish they were plastic so I could texture them like my STI. Does anyone know if someone makes these? EkuJustice, does he have a website? Thanks.

Edited by z40acp

Do any of you know of a vendor that makes plastic grip panels for a 1911?

I want to have Jim Hart at GetNGrip do a set for my new SS and I am having a fit trying to find some one that makes plastic ones. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

John

Let us see pics when Jim get thru with your grips