Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

"tactical"

t-payne

I also don't like Tactical, but I do have an STI Tactical 5" and 4.15" and they are awesome.

I have some 5.11 Tactical pants, and they are not that comfortable. I will not wear my 5.11 Tactical pants to a USPSA match. They should be banned! from matches

Coyote brown is so 2005

Dark earth is all the rage !! :roflol:

I hear Dark Earth is the New Pink.

I've always dislike the tactical marketing ploy. Lately the firearms industry has gone bonkers with pink guns and now the two marketing ideas have cross-bred to bring us:

Pink the new Tacticool color...

http://www.shootingwire.com/shooting_wire_...eleaseID=136064

Edited by Middle Man

I have some 5.11 Tactical pants, and they are not that comfortable. I will not wear my 5.11 Tactical pants to a USPSA match. They should be banned! from matches

I have several 5.11 Tactical pants. I like them. I liked it better when they were Royal Robbins 5.11 Half Dome pants but I don't think changing the name hurts 'em any. I just want everyone to understand I want to be cool like the mountain climber guys, not like the FBI, HRT, SWAT, DEA, TSA, Homeland or Special Security guys.

I think we can blame a lot of the gunwriters for the whole "tactical" thing. I have no idea how many of them have actually been there and done that, but they sure do talk a lot. Some of my older buddies were in vietnam, and both grandfathers were in WWII and Korea. Getting any gunfight stories out of them is/was pretty difficult. They just talked about good times.