Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2009 Blue Ridge Mountain 3-Gun -- April 24-26, Park City, KY

Im pretty sure I heard your Touretts once when we were shooting behind you all on day two!!! It was good to meet you and congrats on your high lady placement.

Oh! That was just a little swearing! Ask Aloysius or Hunter or David from Sabre...When I get Tourette's...Yow!!! :surprise:

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I hope everyone had a great time at the match. We were blessed with good weather, had great food at the dinner Friday night, got to visit with old friends, -- and work our butts off!! (Still have 3 stages to tear down and pack up -- ugh.) However, here is what you have been waiting for,RESULTS ARE POSTED ON THE BRM3G UPDATES PAGE.

Thanks to all the shooters who attended, our overworked ROs, to Sabre Defence, and all our other sponsors.

Andy

Wow. :surprise: Trapr came in third place in Tactical Irons after he zeroed a 150 point stage. I'm impressed. :cheers:

Cannot tell you how much I wish I had been there. The State IDPA match I was working kicked my butt, but Miss Kitty was keeping me updated about the fun in Kentucky. With any luck, the 2010 match will not conflict with a major match at my home club.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Peripatetic/Itinerant Major Match Scorekeeper

and, yeah, the signature line was meant to send Trapr back to his dictionary

Buttons are not working Andy. Link works, but nothing once you get to the page. Ok, it worked when I used IE instead of Firefox.

I hope everyone had a great time at the match. We were blessed with good weather, had great food at the dinner Friday night, got to visit with old friends, -- and work our butts off!! (Still have 3 stages to tear down and pack up -- ugh.) However, here is what you have been waiting for,RESULTS ARE POSTED ON THE BRM3G UPDATES PAGE.

Thanks to all the shooters who attended, our overworked ROs, to Sabre Defence, and all our other sponsors.

Andy

Edited by recon215

My hat is off to Andy, the staff, sponsors and competitors. This is without a doubt the most difficult match both mentally and physically that I shoot each year. The challenge is great. Rockcastle Shooting Center will obviously grow and prosper if they are going to continue to run this size event on a regular basis. The whole hog BBQ sponsored by Barrett was awesome. Sabre stepped up not only with great prizes but with man (and woman) power as well to keep the stages moving. I don't know how we would have completed the match without their help. It was great to see local, state, and federal level political support for our hobby. I also recognize the awesome lobbying potential the NRA brings to the table and had a couple of good conversations with thier representatives. FNH continues to support three gun heavily as well. Remington Arms Company was an addition to the sponsor list that is very positive. I left the match dog tired, a little sore, three pounds lighter that when I arrived, and smiling- overall not a bad weekend.

I think I'm finally recovered enough to post after being so overworked for the 3 days of this match. I'll pretty much echo what Whiskey1 said. The BRM3G is the toughest multigun match I have shot yet. Last year and this year. This year was slightly toned down from last year but still tough. I think with any new match there is a learning curve of what can and cannot be done to succeed. Fort Benning had some growing pains but learned tremendously from every mistake in order to grow and make their match the premier match on the East Coast. My hopes are that a few things will change to make the BRM3G match more enjoyable.

with that being said.....I see a bright future with the Rock Castle Shooting Center. The owners seem to definitely be connected with the right folks politically and in the industry. Thats always a good thing. It was great to see the President of the NRA standing in the background of a stage as we were shooting it and taking the time to talk to as many competitors as possible. Sponsors also stepped up to make this match a huge success. My hats off to Sabre for supplying so many bodies and such great prize donations. My Hats are off to all the other sponsors who make multigun what it is. This sport would not be growing like it is without your support and for that a huge THANK YOU is in order. Hats off to Andy and his crew for taking the initiative to put this thing on for 2 years in a row. Mike did a fantastic job as Rangemaster. And Helen,Kathleen,Andy's Wife and the rest of the stats crew did a great job filling in for Linda while she attended duties at her home club. Barrett......you guys really know how to put on a good party. That was the best pig pull I have ever attended. Absolutley delicious.

As long as my schedule allows and my travelling crew is up for a repeat I will be back again next year.....but in better shape.

"As long as my schedule allows and my travelling crew is up for a repeat I will be back again next year.....but in better shape."

+1 for the Louisiana Crew!

Thanks for a GREAT MATCH!

+1 for the Louisiana Crew!

I wanted to check to see how you guys made out, but the Web site is apparently under the impression that IE is the only browser in the world :devil:

IE hasn't been updated for the Mac since Bill Gates was in short pants :roflol:

Curtis

Breath! :unsure: better shape ...OK This match proved .....That ...... :unsure: ! I don't know Nothing!

I plan to come back next year, I had a very worn out good time.

I thought I could shoot a handgun, :roflol: & Thought I could shoot Shotgun :roflol::blush: Thought I could shoot a rifle :blink: . When all three are combined my competency level drops way off.

The stages tested most every skill, with very few Houser targets. only one stage had the shooter using handgun with out a shotgun or rifle hanging on a sling. Just not much way to move and shoot and have the gun not bounce around. I will be testing out new slings and carry methods.

So many people steeped up in a big way to make the match work for the shooters. The RO's had to pull like rented mules to get the stages shot in two days. The stages the Range Officers shot was much harder than the stages we shot.

On most of the stages with Rifle shots we has to have (two) spotters in order to see the hits on the flash targets. By the time us regular guys shot the stages the limbs were shot out of the way.

Then entire Crew with Saber Defense was fantastic, even when I was crying about targets not engaged. In fact :blush: every stage a Saber Defense guy was on, I had a miss target. :bow: 1/2 of the stages had a Saber Defense Rep

<_< I don't like the idea that the first group to shot a stage has something different to shoot than the last group. Limbs deflecting bullets is not so fun.

Some of the targets had branches in front of the targets no mater ware the shooter stood. I would like it better if that from at least one spot a clear shot could be had. <_< seams like stage One would be a good example of that.

I would rather pay a $20 higher match fee and have one less stage if that is what it would take to have the resettable targets painted once for each squad.

Thanks to every one for making my week educational and fun

Jamie

Congratulations and well done to everyone involved with this match. The ro's and range staff did a splendid job of running the stages and keeping things pretty close to on time for the whole thing.

A big thanks to Sabre Defence and all of the MANY sponsors who continue to support 3 gun. Thanks to the Soldiers that came out and shot with us for the weekend, for their service to our country, and for the positive example they set for the rest of us.

The Rockcastle facility is a great place to have this and hopefully other events of this type.

That said:

There's only a few suggestions I'd make for next year. Make the tunnels lower and longer, make the ports smaller and lower, there should be more distance to cover between shooting positons, bring the little truck back and add several targets so that they can't all be engaged from the same place.

This was a seriously fun match, keep up the good work.

Mike

Great match!

Thank you to everyone involved. The Horners, Sponsors, RO's, stats people, fellow shooters, spectators (of which there were quite a few), and especially the 4-H workers and the band that played at the opening ceremony. (I thought that was a great touch). Also thanks to the staff and ownership of Rockcastle, the most polite and hospitable people I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with.

This will be another match that will be marked "must attend" on the calendar.

The only complaint I can think of was that it seemed as if the stages were long enough to run the RO's into the ground. They looked really beat by the end of the shoot. I did not hear any complaints or poor moods by any of the RO's, but they sure looked run down. I know how tired I got running the stages, I don't think I would have had the endurance to do the sort of running the RO's did on this match. My hat is off to them.

I have never shot at long range targets with contrasting colors behind the target before. That was a great idea that made targets much easier to see (notice I didn't say they were any easier to hit though).

Squad #15 - The best. What else can I say, the shooting competition wasn't enough - they had to go out and compete over who could paste the most bullet holes and re-set the most steel. It makes for a more enjoyable shoot when everyone on the squad helps.

Now to recoup and get ready for the next match.

Just to add a quick edit: At last years RM3G there were contrasting colored backers to the long range targets. Crawling through the tunnel and striking my head on stage #8 must have caused a little "drain bamage". :cheers:

Edited by Brian Payne

ANDY-Staff & Sponsors,

This was a great match. I would be OK a bit more hoser stuff thrown in. I loved the steel! The rifle stuff was great and really raked some of us over the coals. Having a facility with hotel on site was absolutely genius and a very nice convenience. To get back and have most of the other shooters to visit with was very good.

Thank you to Andy Horner and Sabre defence for the most awesome match!! The RO's were men of steel :) The stages were so challenging and fun to shoot (even tho I only got to shoot half of them :() Shooting The Barrett was worth its weight in gold and I loved having the Remington .308 to play with! Rockcastle is an awesome facility, and will go on the map as the place to host a shooting event...I am glad that the BRM 3Gun will have it as a home. The prize table was really incredible...my hat is off to all that helped put on this match! It was way cool that the Sabre Defence employees (including upper management) came out and RO'd the match...what a tough bunch of guys! The Barrett pigfest...YUMMY!!!

I will be back next year and bring a better knee :) Thank you again

Cheryl :)

PS...I can't get the buttons for the scores to work with any browser!

Edited by ccur

Thank you BigDave!!! I was just trying to do the same thing, but couldn't get my computer to cooperate.

Also, I forgot to mention two of our sponsors during the awards ceremonies -- Cavalry Arms and IonBond!

Andy

Edited by AFH

On behalf of my organization Sabre Defence Industries LLC. I would like to say thank you to Andy and Tammi Horner for all their hard work in making this match the best three gun match ever. I also want to extend a thank you to Cheryl Current for introducing me to Andy last year at Rocky Mtn. with out the introduction this would have never happened. Also I want to extend a thank you to the Nobles and General Humble for their first class staff, resort and shooting facility. Rockcastle will be the range that every shooter wants to shoot at. You could not meet a better bunch of folks. The RO's thank you for helping out without you this too would not have happened. Trust me I know I was on Stage 4-Downhill with Bryan Ray. RO's I also want to extend a thank you for putting up with myself and Hunter. We get a little crazy. To the sponsors thank you so much. Even though this is considered the Sabre Defence Blue Ridge Mtn. with out you it would not be possible. To the shooters thank you for all your support and taking the time to come out and shoot the best and most challenging three gun match. I see Sabre Defence Industries LLC as the the major match sponosr for many years to come.

P.S. - Angus I will be calling you again next year to come shoot this match agian. And thank you to Techware, FNH and CZ for the shotguns, pistols and shirts to go with the rifles for the NRA

Thank you,

Aloysius Donovan

A.K.A. - TICKALICIOUS

Sabre Defence Industries LLC.

615-333-0077

a.donovan@sabredefence.com

Welcome to the forum wish! You big bear predator gggggrrrrrr (inside joke)

Where to start.....Thank you sponsors! Your generosity was overwhelming by looking at the prize table's. A large cross section of the gun/sportsmen/accessory industry was represented and appreciated by the shooters.

Andy and Tammi Horner, Mike Oberman, Brett Parker, Nick and Nate Noble, General Humble and all the staff at Rockcastle Shooting Center, fantastic job fokes! The facility is growing and I cant wait to see whats next. Andy, you need to take Tammi on a vacation somewhere quiet with no cell phone signal to recover from this event.

R.O.'s good job. Lots of hustling going on over 5+ days. I shot the match with wish and Hunter, David P, Trapper, The Brian's, Jamie, Bob,Steve, Jack,Tim my face hurt as much as my feet and legs did from laughing and running around all day. All I can say now is SPF 50 next time, I'm cooked. I worked the Barrett 50 stage and some of the expressions and sounds that shooters made were priceless. Everything from no big deal to something sounding like someone squeezing a cat.

I think its good to see NRA officials and elected gov. dignitaries at our events. I hope they come back next year geared up and ready to shoot! Shooter Ready?

Thanks again to all had a part in this. I think the most common comment all weekend was "I'm coming back next year 20lbs lighter and in better shape". My personal aerobic training started on 4/22/09 and will end at next years BRM3-G.

Alan Shepherd

I want to give a big thanks to Andy, Tammi, the Noble family, General Humble, all the RO's and the fabulous sponsors for this year's match. The setting was beautiful and all of the staff, sponsors and competitors were kind enough to let me follow them around with my camera :rolleyes:

To see all of my posts and photos from this and other 3-gun matches, go to www.nrablog.com and click on the "3-gun" tab to the left. I look forward to seeing everyone at RM3G and maybe getting to shoot one of these days!

Check out all the photos and news from the Sabre Defence Blue Ridge Mountain 3-Gun and LaRue Tactical 3-Gun

Wonderful match Andy and I have to admire Tammi and the stats crew, I never saw any of you without a smile. Of course that is so easy then the shooters are happy with the stages and the venue and WOW what a venue.

My only suggestion for next year is let's have smaller targets for the Barrett and have multiple targets out to about 3000 yards.

When the folks in Tallahassee asked how was the Blue Ridge match, it was really hard to describe that the stages were spread over two counties. The match and staff was amazing. This was not a a place to be if you didn't want to get dirty & ticky (?). My shotgun had a major jam on Stage 5 Saturday (last stage of the day) and I didn't know it until the timer went off on Stage 6 Sunday morning starting out with the 9 slugs that the problem was a broken firing pin. The RO could not have said it any better: "the loudest sound a gun can make is click". Anyhow, hubby put a new firing pin in and I was able to finish the last stage. We are definitely planning on returning in 2010.

Thanks to Andy, Tammi, Mike, Sabre, Barrett, Rockcastle, the ROs and everyone else for such a good match.

Looked like I wouldn't be able to make the match for a while, then it worked out. Then my rifle started giving me fits. Decided to swap divisions on Wednesday with no time to prep with the mouse gun, or clean the shotgun (that bit me in the butt!). All the great folks, and super stages made it a great trip/match.

Good to see old friends and new.

Thanks to all for such a great weekend. Super match.

Andy,

Thanks for all yer hard work and dedication, great match. The RO's and staff are world class and appreciate their hard work. A big thanks to the Sponsors, you all make it happen.

It was good to see the NRA leadership and media support for this event, this is a team effort.

Mrs Horner, thanks for all your hard work and I will never forget the look on your face trying to get the scoring system to "go".

Adios

Greg