Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

O/L10 Nationals

Sharyn

Just goes to show, the coasts are not the only areas affected by huricanes. I am shocked there weren't any stages where you had to shoot from a boat or something. LOL

Joe W.

We had one squad who, when their walkthrough got to "Do you have any questions about this stage?" replied, "Yeah, is there a lifeguard on duty?" :roflol:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow!! I give a lot of props to all shooters that made it thru! I know I wont ever go to a muddy shoot!

that is just not a lot of fun. I guess if you are already there with the travel cost, you have no choice.

It sure be nice to pick a better DRY date for the Nationals in Tulsa. Hopefully next year!

The sad thing is that they spent big bucks to sod the bays and berms then most of the sod died. It's a sticky mess of water, mud and manure/rot when it rains.

Actually the mud came up through the grass.. except on the stages themselves, there was a good layer of grass underneath all the mud. I guess there wasn't enough gravel or underlayment put down.

If someone has an in with Tom Fee, I'd be happy to work with him on a irrigation/drainage system so that they can still have grass on the bays. We've done this (affordably) for more than a few NFL, MLB and such fields.

Rich

Get with Bear1142......I'm pretty sure he has an in with Tom :rolleyes:

Awesome pics, shred, thanks so much!!! I actually included that video of me in my Ladies video that I just finished. (Thanks to a long, Houston-diverted flight :D )

I see the orthopedic surgeon tomorrow about my knee. I'm hoping he can fix me up in time for World Shoot.

Here's the Ladies...

Lower quality, short download --->

Higher quality, longer download ---> http://www.theindoorrange.com/08_Nats/08_Ladies.wmv

There are some stages edited and some stages missing due to length of video and lack of ability to video on some stages (due to weather). I hope you enjoy anyway. :D

I'll be creating a Mens video too. Maybe in the next week. You'll see the difference in terrain for LPR and O/L10. :surprise:

Edited by Sharyn

Here's some MORE mud, enjoy..............

James,

We saw you shoot this stage and the shot on steel and then moving right to hit the drop turner was sweet. We were the guys in green on the squad behind you. The video doesn't show just how slick that mud was. It was a smoking run considering how slick the ground was. It was the worst footing of any stage in my opinion.

Here is a video of Manny's 1st run on stage 12.

He ended up having to re-shoot it because a target didn't get pasted.

Edit to say:Woops, wrong thread. This was Manny's Limited run, not limited 10.

Edited by CAB33

James,

We saw you shoot this stage and the shot on steel and then moving right to hit the drop turner was sweet. We were the guys in green on the squad behind you. The video doesn't show just how slick that mud was. It was a smoking run considering how slick the ground was. It was the worst footing of any stage in my opinion.

I think i made a tactical error on this stage, i had a pair of cleats in the car but i though my boots had aggresive enough lugs. Might have made a difference.

Green crew? border patrol right?

Here's the whole Travis sequence (one second / 60 pictures worth) on Stage 10:

TT_L10_S10.wmv (note: due to forum goofiness, you might need to save the file and rename it as .wmv)

And the wide-angle of that stage-- this was the afternoon of the "dry" day

post-1846-1221441741_thumb.jpg

I recently brought up an old thread that had TT commenting on his movement. One specific was his locating his "way points" visually...to pick the spot he was going to move to.

The still shot you posted earlier and this video really show that off.

James,

I think i made a tactical error on this stage, i had a pair of cleats in the car but i though my boots had aggresive enough lugs. Might have made a difference.

Green crew? border patrol right?

Yes sir. That was us.

Just goes to show, the coasts are not the only areas affected by huricanes. I am shocked there weren't any stages where you had to shoot from a boat or something. LOL

All of the photos in this topic were taken prior to Ike getting town, I havte to think how bad it would have been after

We (up here in Kansas City) had storms ahead of Ike. The Ike system pushed storms up this way ahead of the main system. No matter what though, I dread shooting matches like that for fear of slipping and falling in the mud with a loaded gun. Don't even get me started on the thought of dropping my 170mm Super mags in that mess then trying to find them. I think Dawson needs to come up with a +1 Plus pad with a built in self inflating floatation device. LOL

Joe W.