Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EGW

JimmyZip

Last month I discovered some brand new Caspian mags that I stashed back in The Bad Days.

I ordered some more of EGW's extended base pads by phone. The lady that took my order and called me back to inform me they were not anodized yet and I'd have to wait. She was genuinely concerned about my order and the timeliness of receiving my order. I told her I didn't care if they were anodized or not and they were shipped promptly.

1) They make great great parts.

2) They carry cool products.

3) Customer service is fantastic.

4) Orders arrive before expected.

What's not to like! :cheers:

FM

• 2 months later...

I e-mailed George a few days ago about a gun I want to build. Years ago his wait time was a year+, and once I waited over a year for a Caspian to just have it's checkered frontstrap welded in place. At the time I waited knowing that EGW's work is some of the best, in fact my primary singlestack (a 40 built on LBC frame and slide) runs unlike anything I've ever owned (I laugh when people say you need to load 40 to a certain length to make the gun run, this thing will digest ANYTHING). Anyways, now (according to George) EGW's wait time is measured in weeks. I'm not sure how he did it, is the quality still there? What are the real wait times? I know George to be an honest person to deal with but I wonder if maybe he's optimistic.

This was about 3 years ago, but I got on his waiting list to have my Para modified, and about 6 weeks later he called to let me know my spot came up in line.

I just ordered a magwell and Caspian E trigger last night too. I'm the WORST gunsmith ever, I hope I can even manage to install these two things.

I e-mailed George a few days ago about a gun I want to build. Years ago his wait time was a year+, and once I waited over a year for a Caspian to just have it's checkered frontstrap welded in place. At the time I waited knowing that EGW's work is some of the best, in fact my primary singlestack (a 40 built on LBC frame and slide) runs unlike anything I've ever owned (I laugh when people say you need to load 40 to a certain length to make the gun run, this thing will digest ANYTHING). Anyways, now (according to George) EGW's wait time is measured in weeks. I'm not sure how he did it, is the quality still there? What are the real wait times? I know George to be an honest person to deal with but I wonder if maybe he's optimistic.

It is an ebb and flow, depending on how much work they have. Less wait time doesn't mean quality has suffered, it could mean that they have gotten more efficient. In my experience, EGW's wait times are pretty realistic (which is much, much better than some other people, who tell you x weeks and it turns out being x weeks + 12 months).

I was fortunate enough to work for EGW for a while, and learned a lot from George.

awhile back talking with George..he has divided his work into three categories..each with its own wait time.

easy, medium and full guns.

my last bit of work was some weldups..safeties, etc..and turnaround was 3-4 weeks for welding, dressing out and refinishing.