Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My New 9 major open!

ormondopen

Very Very nice!!!! Let us know how you like the C-more mounted that way. Be careful without a blastshield with the popple type holes. My Brazos shory gun eats blast shields once in a while.

Sweet gun, good luck with it.

Pete

What a brilliant clean looking piece!

I'd highly recommend what the others have said. Use a blast shield...and move the mount to the back. The first hybrid hole could seriously eat your blast shields, one by one, pretty fast and endanger the cmore. I've lost a couple of cmores for almost the same reasons. I've even experimented with mounts of different materials until I've decided to move to a smaller red dot scope.

You need to see the exact point of impact, so start by using a blast shield.

I ran about 50 rounds thru it today and believe it or not there was very little blast residue on the lens. maybe because it is lower to the slide, don't know for sure.

once I got it in my hands there would not be enough room to move the mount back any further without interference with the manual racking of the slide and safety engagement.

Edited by ormondopen

Sounds good. Took me 56 rounds for the first cmore to blow up, and it was such a nice one...a clear one. They don't make those anymore. Glad you proved us wrong, just keep an eye on that cmore to make sure nothing happens.

I ran about 50 rounds thru it today and believe it or not there was very little blast residue on the lens. maybe because it is lower to the slide, don't know for sure.

once I got it in my hands there would not be enough room to move the mount back any further without interference with the manual racking of the slide and safety engagement.

Very clean and nice pistol!

I have close to the same setup but on a V12 Tanfoglio no shield with no problems... just be careful and it should be fine.

Leo

Very clean and nice pistol!

I have close to the same setup but on a V12 Tanfoglio no shield with no problems... just be careful and it should be fine.

Leo

how in the H _ _ _ did you get it sighted in, it's driving me crazy. a friend recommended drawing an X on a target and using the lines as the up/down and left/right. another thing to get use to is since the windage adjustment screw has been relocated to the other side clockwise is now for left adjustment. CONFUSING!

how in the H _ _ _ did you get it sighted in, it's driving me crazy. a friend recommended drawing an X on a target and using the lines as the up/down and left/right. another thing to get use to is since the windage adjustment screw has been relocated to the other side clockwise is now for left adjustment. CONFUSING!

It's a trick isn't it! :devil:

What you don't notice unless you have a C-More pulled apart is that the U/D and L/R adjustments are VERY different in terms of how fine they are. The U/D is very course so it takes very little movement to have the same effect as quite a bit of movement for L/R.

I start with a bunch of paper plates that have a tan paster in the middle. Then shoot three shots to find your zero. Move the U/D ONLY like 1/4 turn to find out how much the next group moves. Once you have a grasp on that move the U/D till it's roughly on the right plane (top right to lower left). After that is close then begin moving the L/R to start bringing it into the desired point of aim. I use three shot groups on a new plate everytime, it helps reduce confusion. Write down what adjustments do what 1/4 Turn U/D = ??" at 15yd and 1/4 Turn L/R = ??" at 15yd. This will help you fine tune the POA to your load later or if you have to remount the scope for whatever reason.

I've sighted in two of these and slow and steady beats just chasing the POA around on a target.

I have that mount on both my guns. I tried what Barry said. I just couldn't get the hang of it so I wrote down what each adjustment does. "UP" for instance has two effects. Primarily it takes the place of "RIGHT" but also has a slight "up" effect. Small adjustments on the old UP/DOWN screw (now right and left) because the thread is pretty course and it doesn't take much to go too far. I burnt 150 rounds or so until I got the hang of what they did and another 300+ getting the first one dialed in. The second was a 100 round +/- affair.

Maybe I was lucky when I zeroed mine, but I only shot about 5x5 rounds to hit the spot. And I have the adjustment on the inside, towards the slide. I took a lucky guess by pointing and sighting the gun toward the paper, and the second serie was almost there. The fine adjustment was a bit more tricky, and you have to think it through. +1 on small steps for U/D.

I havn't had any problems with blast from blowholes, only a bit of oil from the ligthning in the front of slide and from the barrel in the chamber area (makes it a bit messy on both sides of the lense). I've redused the amount of oil to prevent this.

A Blastshield won't do you any good on set-up like this due to the fact that it will block the vision.

Cool looking blaster! :cheers:

How about a report on how it shoots and what load makes major.

here are two loads I have been experimenting with.

HS6

8.0gr

125gr JHP Zero's

WSR primers

166pf

TrueBlue

7.9gr

125gr JHP Zero's

WSR Primers

173pf

The HS6 has more of a push and the TrueBlue is snappier. I will drop the TrueBlue a bit and see how it works.

The TrueBlue is more accurate.

Getting some stove pipe malfunctions, need to work that out. any suggestions would be helpful. I am using a 12lb spring, standard tuned extractor and tuned Brazo's extended ejector.

Shoot Gary an email about the ejection issues and see what he thinks. I'm sure no expert but 12 pounds on the recoil spring seems a bit heavy to me. I was told not to go over 10 pounds or function issues could develop with the slide short stroking with a light slide.

Which load has better dot track? I don't care how hard the gun hits me in the hand as long as the dot track is what I want.